X and Y So Far, Best and Worst

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: X and Y So Far, Best and Worst

追放されたバカ

Cool X and Y So Far, Best and Worst

So I just looked down at the online calendar and noticed that it is exactly 2 months to the day, that most of us will be opening our Pokemon X and Pokemon Y versions for the first time and I wanted to ask you. Of everything announced so far, what has been the best piece of news for you, perhaps something that's got you really excited, and what has been the worst news for you, something you're probably upset or disappointed about?

For me, the thing that has got me most excited is the worldwide release itself, I think it's so cool that finally after all these years we won't have to sit back and watch for months as Japan plays games we can only dream about (even worse if you're in the UK and get the games 2 months after the US)

For me the biggest disappointment is Mega Evolutions. I don't really see the need, they feel like a rip off of Digimon and they break a vital law that a Pokemon can't evolve more than twice, (what's next, special permission to allow you to carry 7 Pokemon?)

So please below, list what's been the best piece of news for you so far, and what's the worst piece. :)
    Infinity Edge likes this.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: X and Y So Far, Best and Worst

I really like everything. I find it very hard to pick a best thing. I guess I'll go with the Mega Evolutions in general, but particularly Mawile's, since Mawile is one of my favorite Pokemon, and she'll finally have some use, now.

The worst thing, then, would probably be that Mega Evos aren't a permanent, separate evolution. It just seems like a rip-off that they aren't.
    8ther likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

I cannot think of a worst at the moment, and if I did, it'd be very nitpicky. I'm extremely satisfied with how everything is looking, the fairy type, and Mega Evolutions - it's really shaked things up whilst maintaining the basics of Pokemon.

The best thing would have to be the quality of Pokemon so far. Maybe it's just because they've shown us all the good ones or whatever, but I don't think so. There's GenVI Pokemon I'm not keen on, but that's because of my own personal preferences, and I think we've only got more great Pokemon to come - especially because we've seen very little evolutions so far compared to first stage Pokemon.

Blog Entries

The best things to me are the Mega Evolutions, the Fairy-type, the amazing graphics and the high quality of Pokémon designs. You have no idea how happy I am now that Mawile got an amazingly designed new form, not to mention it will be useful in a team, finally! It is hard to think of something as the worst, the generation is shaping up very nicely. Well, lets say some of the designs aren't that great, like Litleo and Dedenne's. These two Pokémon look very ugly to me.

Lastly, you are very misinformed if you think that in-battle transformations are something originally from the Digimon franchise. Please, get your facts right before making assumptions like "mega evolutions are a rip-off of Digimon". In-battle transformations are very common in video games, specially in RPGs. People complain that Game Freak never make big changes in the Pokémon franchise and when they finally do, people STILL complain.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

The best thing for me would have to be customizable characters and being able to take photos; as I am a fashion and photo fanatic.

I can't actually really think of a worst thing at the moment. I really haven't seen anything I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    vital law that a Pokemon can't evolve more than twice
    Could you elaborate upon this? While it is a long-standing tradition, I have never heard it stated, unofficially or officially, or read on Bulbapedia, that it was vital. I don't see why Game Freak should, in fans opinion, stick to something that is merely a tradition.

Also...
    My best? Probably the Fairy type. It's looking to be a very nice addition.

My worst? It's hard to pick, as I've liked all of what has been shown. Possibly Pokemonamie, or Pokemon-Amie. I'm just not as excited for that feature as the others, but it is looking to be a lot of fun and very cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

My Best would be custom characters and the new Pokemon-Amie thing.

My Worst would probably be Mega Evolution, though mainly Mega Mewtwo. Mewtwo's awesome enough without it.
    King of KOTBC likes this.
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 3397 4610 2935
    Nintendo3DS XL Friend Code: 1821 9745 8664

Quote Originally Posted by Shushupu View Post
    Lastly, you are very misinformed if you think that in-battle transformations are something originally from the Digimon franchise. Please, get your facts right before making assumptions like "mega evolutions are a rip-off of Digimon". In-battle transformations are very common in video games, specially in RPGs. People complain that Game Freak never make big changes in the Pokémon franchise and when they finally do, people STILL complain.
    Not to mention that there are already a few Pokémon that can go through mid-battle transformations already without it being an out-of-battle transformation being reversed due to something external causing the in-battle change. The Pokémon I can think of off the top of my head are, excluding those that know Transform, Castform and Cherrim. And if you do factor in Transform, there are two from the very beginning of the franchise that could do in-battle transformations: Ditto and Mew.
    Reila and Narcisse like this.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Best for me would have to be the Fairy type and general reshaping the mould of pokemon so far. I'm really enjoying the new designs, I think Mega Evolutions is a really interesting concept and I'd love to know more about it. I also am liking the graphics so far, and am excited to see how far they can take it in-game (particularly in the overworld).

I don't really have a worst... I don't think you can really say that something will be awful until we know more about it. Really, there's no one feature that we know everything about so far, they've just released tidbits of information to get us interested through to release. I'll wait to play the game before deciding on features that I don't like.
    Reila and Hidden Mew like this.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

The best thing right now for me is the Fairy type. I love all the Pokemon we've gotten, but I really like the Fairy one in particular, especially Dedenne, Swirlix, and Sylveon. Also loving we have a younger male professor <3

Worst for me is the "megalutions". I don't despise them, but as of right now, especially in Mawile's case, they seem to be taking the place of standard evolution for some older Pokemon.

Best: Fairy type by far. I remember back to Gen 3 when it was assumed that we'd be getting new types like we did the previous generation, and then we didn't. Then in Gen 4 is was announced pretty early on that there wouldn't be any new types, then there was the huge tease with Reshiram in Gen 5. To finally get a new type after all these years is great. Mega evolutions would probably be second for me. I wasn't too keen on them at first, but the idea has grown on me. Of course we don't know everything about all these new features, so this is just based on what we know now.

Worst: I'd say Pokemon Amie. It's not bad, and I'm sure it will appeal to some, but it doesn't interest me. It's obviously this game's gimmick akin to contests and PokeStar Studios. I doubt it'll even play a role in evolution as some have suggested. They've tried having an evolution based on a contest stat, and we saw what happened to that.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Pretty much all of the information we know about the games so far have been the best for me. Though, I think that the introduction of the Fairy type, Mega Evolution and the graphics in general have been some of the best so far. I like most of the Fairy types revealed so far, especially Spritzee, and I like the concept of Mega Evolution, even though I was initially too shocked to really get much of an opinion on it. What I like most about the Fairy type and Mega Evolutions is the sense of trying to balance things out with giving Dragons another weakness and restrictions on Mega Pokemon so that they aren't too overpowering as well. The graphics for the battles and Pokemon have just been great. Design-wise, I really like almost all of the Pokemon revealed so far. The starters are great and as a set feel like the best set of starters we've had for awhile. Most of the other Pokemon have good to great designs with Litleo, Spritzee, Helioptile, Inkay's line and Skrelp being some of my favorites. I also really love the sound of Super Training at this point, especially if it does make the EV training process easier and faster to do.

I can't really think of anything that I would consider the worst. I'm still not much of a fan of Mega Mewtwo's design and getting the Insomnia ability seems kind of lackluster compared to most of the other upgrades the other Mega Pokemon have, but even then, I don't think I'd label that as the worst.
    Aonshinzo and Reila like this.

Mega Stones and Crackers TheRealJDawgz's Avatar

The best thing for me right now is the introduction of the Fairy type and Mega Evolutions. The series needed the in-battle mechanics to change somehow, and I think these two mechanics are going to change the metagame by making underappreciated Pokes more useful. Also I can tell I'll be spending a few hours just riding around on Skiddo.

So far Game Freak hasn't done anything I dislike. I'd say the worst for me is probably Super Training. It just seems too gimmicky to me. I'm not saying its bad, though. I kind of like it, because it will help for training my main team Pokemon but I might just stick to traditional training for more competitive Pokes. Then again I could end up really liking it when I play it myself. Also it bums me out the Pokemon don't run up to attack in battle usually, but I guess it speeds up the battle process anyway.
    3DS FC: 1590-4826-6540

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best: Everything

Worse: The fact that gamefreak is over glorifying pokemon from gen 1 2 and 3 to win back older fans.
    Your Name Please

Quote Originally Posted by Macromaster View Post
    Best: Everything

Worse: The fact that gamefreak is over glorifying pokemon from gen 1 2 and 3 to win back older fans.
    UMMM............what I'm confused could you elaborate?
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROql0OUuCc45P-UCQH-70OMlGMdi8cRNb5eAEGXqu2qi388VDZFw

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast