X&Y Preordering and Launch Promotions - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: X&Y Preordering and Launch Promotions

Default Re: Launch Promotions?

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I don't plan to preorder, at least not yet. I would like to go to Nintendo World in NYC's launch event again like I did for BW2, and they've sold the games a day early there. Hopefully they do another big event on the side at NY Comic Con again this year because X and Y are coming out around the same time of year.
    I'm planning the same. Ill be moving to pittsburgh in April (coming from California) and I'm most looking forward to being able to do launch events at the NYC store. I hope they do something cool there this go around, new generation begs for something big.
    I know Pittsburgh is still 5 or 6 hours from NYC, but you can take a train or bus. For launch events at Nintendo World for big games like the Pokemon main series, people get there EARLY. I got in line at 11 pm the night before for BW2 (store opened at 9 am) and there were still at least 20 people ahead of me, and the first guy had been waiting for more than two days. The earlier you get there, the less wait you have and you're more likely to get better swag. At least that saves a night in a hotel! (there was a longer line for SNL tickets that night just around the block too)

Anyway, anybody remember the mall tour they did in the US and Canada in early 2011 for BW, with game demos and the stamp rally? That was a pretty cool diversion. Hope they do it again because this is a new generation and a brand new graphical style.
    That's a good tip, yah I was just planning to stay at one of the youth hostels and then get there at 6 am. But perhaps standing in line through the night isn't the worst idea haha

side question at the Black and White 2 launch do they give you any sort of ticket to show you were one of the first how ever hundred in line to get free swag? Cause I can't pass up buying a bunch of swag with my games as well. I know I could just wait till after I buy the game then do some shopping but it just doesn't feel the same.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post

side question at the Black and White 2 launch do they give you any sort of ticket to show you were one of the first how ever hundred in line to get free swag? Cause I can't pass up buying a bunch of swag with my games as well. I know I could just wait till after I buy the game then do some shopping but it just doesn't feel the same.

They did everything while everyone was in line before the store opened and handed stuff to you.
    Ninja-Mage likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Such a shame Brazil doesn't have anything like that ;_;

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Pokemon X and Y Preordering

If some of y'all don't know, Gamestop has these bad boys up for preorder already! They also have the release date set as Halloween, but we all know that's just a placeholder for the real date when it's announced. Gamestop does this all the time, so yeah.

I won't preorder just yet, I want a job first. But I'll get to it eventually.

Oh, also, my source is the Gamestop website.

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y available for Preorder at Gamestop

I barely know enough about the games to decide which to pre-order yet. I also what to see if other places have better pre-order bonuses.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I wasn't expecting them to have the games available for pre-order this early. I thought that wouldn't happen until late spring for some reason. While I'm definitely going to get both games, I'm going to wait until maybe around summer time before pre-ordering them.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

If I didn't have Splinter Cell Blacklist CE and GTA V pre-ordered, I'd go ahead and pre-order X and Y. But I need to pay off those two first.

I hope we get preorder bonuses like Gen IV had

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I'll wait until I decide if I want just one or both of the games and for more info.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

I preordered them a month ago like a week after they were announced. |D; I had plenty of Christmas moolah left so I splurged a little and preordered a crapton of games.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

I'm on the fence about doing a preorder right now: I have no idea if we're getting a bonus from any retailer and I'd like to wait until I hear otherwise. That'll be the deciding factor in my case as I'll just keep pinching pennies until the actual release.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

Gamestop usually has some sort of bonus anyways I'll probably preorder the bundle with a 3DS because i dont have one yet

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Already?! I thought they'd do it maybe a month or 2 before the release date. I'm gonna wait for more info on the games, then maybe I'll preorder if there are action figure bonuses like when HGSS came out.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If these two games are highly anticipated when compared to most titles that are coming out in the future, it makes sense that they will be available for preorder so soon. I won't be preordering my copy of either game until we are at least one month away from their launch. Hopefully, I will know which version I am going to get. I definitely expect preorder bonuses for the two games, because I can recall the fact that all generation 5 titles had a preorder bonus at Gamestop. I hope the preorder bonuses for Pokemon X and Y are cool!

Blog Entries

Even if I know I'll get these games, I don't think I'll pre-order them until probably a month or two before their release.

I won't pre-order them from Gamestop either cause they're expensive.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Eh, I'll go pre order it during March whenever they're doing the Meleotta give away. It'll give me an excuse to go to Game Stop. Usually I wait about a month before the release.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast