Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

Default Re: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

Oh boy, it's time for Time Capsules from GSC again. :P

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.

Chance of success: 97.73% Shiny Metagross's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

With 25 (soon to be 26) pokemon I raised to level 100 and all the US events since Gen IV's last celebi, not to mention my other mons, I'd feel majorly trolled if XY didn't have some sort of transfer system. Not being able to send them back to Gen V would be something I could be fine with, but I've put too much into the game now to be anything resembling fine about losing it all.

Edit: Now 33 pokemon, making the potential disappointment all the greater.
    Last edited by Shiny Metagross; 4th April 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Banner by Blue Dragon | White FC: 3096 6256 6818 | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

They have said they want to keep compatibility so we should be set as far as transferring from BW to XY is concerned. However depending on what changes they make to gameplay there may not be trading back to BW.
    Shiny Metagross likes this.

Follow porro88 On Twitter

TBH I hope they change the IV system... I'm sick of all the teams online with perfect IVs, we all use the same pokemon with the same IVs... If they'll keep compatibility, I hope they keep it only for pokédex completion sake, I would like to see a metagame without RNG or Pokesav, like it was back when RBY first came out...

Time for Psyence!!!

Registered User scrambled_togepi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko19863 View Post
    Toto, Considering Black and White were 256MB each, This'd have to be at least 720MB, Considering all the sprites and animation. It would take hours to download (Off my internet anyway) and I doubt they'd even fit it. I'm afraid it'll be stuck in the cartridge.

(Its worth a shot, Though, Then they could use the dream radar trade function >:D)
    3DS games are normally put on 2GB game cards. Nintendo has been releasing all their 3DS games on the e-shop since NSMB2. I don't think there are any limitations to the size of downloads for the e-shop either. It just wouldn't be wise to make it take up more space then the 2-4 GB SD card the system comes with.
    Tentative pokemon Black team:

1.Oshawott; 2. Blitzel.; 3. Zorua; 4. Victini; 5. Deino; 6. Reshiram

Blog Entries

I for one hope that there's the option of transferring. I do a lot of transfers with my collection of games, especially for the Pokemon I want and cannot get anywhere else in the current Gens, or quite as easily. Likewise, there are many others out there who are like me. If they don't include some way of compatibility, then I will be sorely disappointed.

But I don't doubt that they will have some form of compatibility. It would make sense for GF to cater to those who do want to transfer their monsters over to the new Gen.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In another 10 years we might still have pokemon from this game. Its kinda weird to think that, Huh?
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

I'm guessing that there will be an in-game transfer link of some kind.
    I mean, I've been lucky so far, because in my White 2, I still have my level 100 Rayquaza from Emerald. Rayquaza had been in every single one of my games from Hoenn up! Including the remakes SS and HG.
    Team Sylveon! Team Fairy!

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

Since RNG abuse will likely never be possible in XY, I need a reasonable way to transfer my BW Pokemon onward, lol. Back to IV breeding, allons-y! So, I really hope I can use one DS and one 3DS to transfer Pokemon. In no universe will I be buying two 3DS. I don't even mind playing the mini-games if I can just migrate my old Pokemon. :]
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
    Since RNG abuse will likely never be possible in XY, I need a reasonable way to transfer my BW Pokemon onward, lol. Back to IV breeding, allons-y! So, I really hope I can use one DS and one 3DS to transfer Pokemon. In no universe will I be buying two 3DS. I don't even mind playing the mini-games if I can just migrate my old Pokemon. :]
    This, so much this.

I need to be able to transfer over some of my perfect Pokemon.

Making Pokemon X & Y to where you are no longer allowed to transfer Pokemon from Black and White 2 onto the Generation VI games would be a terrible business decision on both Nintendo and Game Freak's part. Why? Because people won't need a reason to go out and buy a 3DS when the handheld is only hanging on by a thread here in North America cause the only gaming franchise that's keeping the 3DS alive is Pokemon. It's the franchise that's also been regarded as the "Call of Duty" for kids although it goes much deeper than that. Heck I'd take a skillful and thought provoking JRPG like Pokemon over a mindless FPS like Call of Duty or Halo anyday but I guess that just goes to show how I've been behind on FPS's since the N64 Era with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I've sort of been catching up with Bioshock Infinite though...

The Wii U as you may know also isn't doing that well compared to the success of Sony and Microsoft's recent consoles especially with Sony's PS4, and some people fear that the Wii U will become the next Sega Dreamcast and push Nintendo away from developing new video game consoles and handhelds in the near future because people seem to think that they're stuck in the past with no way forward and they aren't adapting to modern technology with smartphones, laptops, and tablets. I've also heard people ask why Nintendo and Game Freak refuse to develop an official MMORPG for Pokemon but as a mainstream series like what If Pokemon X & Y weren't on the 3DS but it would be exclusive to the Internet where players can play it on their smartphones and tablets and it was somehow compatible with the DS games where you can use a device to transfer Pokemon from the game straight to the Internet.

If worse comes to worse and you can't migrate Pokemon over from Gen V to Gen VI then I will stick with my White 2 Version and not buy X & Y or just trade away all the Pokemon in my PC Boxes in my Black 1 and White 2 games over to people that want them. Nintendo and Game Freak haven't disappointed their playerbase in Pokemon since the last technology gap that occured at the end of Gen II when they drastically changed the game mechanics around to where you weren't able to transfer Pokemon from Gen II to Gen III which was also due to the difference in game cartridge space and the handhelds from the Original Gameboy to the Gameboy Advance. With Nintendo and P!P also doing VGC's for Pokemon a complete reboot would be a total disaster and Gen V was enough of an okay reboot of Gen I Pokemon design-wise.
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Trainer J View Post
    Making Pokemon X & Y to where you are no longer allowed to transfer Pokemon from Black and White 2 onto the Generation VI games would be a terrible business decision on both Nintendo and Game Freak's part. Why? Because people won't need a reason to go out and buy a 3DS when the handheld is only hanging on by a thread here in North America cause the only gaming franchise that's keeping the 3DS alive is Pokemon.
    The 3DS has existed all this time without a main series Pokemon game. Unless you're saying that Pokemon Rumble Blast is what's keeping it afloat. Clearly it was doing fine without Pokemon.

The lack of backwards compatibility has no bearing on whether people will need to buy a 3DS to play the game. The only thing its going to do is keep people who dislike change from trying new things, as if they really play with all 649 Pokemon they have in their box.

because people seem to think that they're stuck in the past with no way forward and they aren't adapting to modern technology with smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
    Stuck in a past that Microsoft and Sony keep trying to emulate.

If worse comes to worse and you can't migrate Pokemon over from Gen V to Gen VI then I will stick with my White 2 Version and not buy X & Y
    And you accuse Nintendo of being stuck in the past
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd April 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    8ther likes this.

Blog Entries

I very highly doubt that Game Freak will pull an incompatibility stunt, as the massive changes in Pokemon between GI/II and GIII, though ultimately much better, left a sour taste in the mouths of many a fan.

If it does turn out to be incompatible, they had better make sure that the Dream World is up and running and that it's possible to get a large portion of non-Gen VI Pokemon.

Though, the existence of the Dream World also makes me believe that there won't be compatibility issues. They likely won't take it down, since it's not been around too long, makes the distribution of Pokemon much easier, etc. and if B/W/B2/W2 and X/Y are all compatible with the Dream World, then why make them incompatible with each other?

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I highly doubt that GameFreak will not make Gen V compatible with Gen VI. Sure it won't affect all players, but it will have a disastrous affect on those who aim to have complete Pokedexs, and I do not think GameFreak is willing to disappoint all those people. I see no reason at all why GameFreak will find it necessary to not make the two gens compatible. If those of us (Including myself) are willing to go through all that time and effort, catching, breeding and trading all those Pokemon just to complete a Pokedex, they will not be happy that GameFreak will make them start all over again.

The lack of backwards compatibility has no bearing on whether people will need to buy a 3DS to play the game. The only thing its going to do is keep people who dislike change from trying new things, as if they really play with all 649 Pokemon they have in their box.
    The point in having all those Pokemon in your box isn't to use them, it is to obtain a complete Pokedex. It may not be your aim to complete it, but it sure is the aim of plenty of Pokemon fans all around the world, including myself.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    If it does turn out to be incompatible, they had better make sure that the Dream World is up and running and that it's possible to get a large portion of non-Gen VI Pokemon.
    They could probably get away with it, especially if this gen has more than two sets of games. Dividing 700+ Pokemon between 3 or more sets of games is an easy enough task.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Though, the existence of the Dream World also makes me believe that there won't be compatibility issues. They likely won't take it down, since it's not been around too long, makes the distribution of Pokemon much easier, etc. and if B/W/B2/W2 and X/Y are all compatible with the Dream World, then why make them incompatible with each other?
    And what exactly, at this point, definitely says that XY will be compatible with the DW? Not that I'm not expecting it, but it's a bit presumptuous to count on the DW at this point.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast