X & Y Compatibility with B & W - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 116

Thread: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

  1. #31
    Dragon Trainer Ryanxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanxxx View Post
    For a complete pokedex. Take Zapdos for example, you would have to transfer it from a gen IV game to a gen V game to a gen VI game to get a complete pokedex. Or they could make it compatible with all the DS games (gen IV and V) and not have to worry about doing double transfers. That is if those pokemon are not included in the new gen VI game. Full compatibility would be best.
    What's so difficult about transferring a Pokemon from Gen IV, to V, to VI? Yeah, it'd take about five minutes, but's what so bad about that? Before B2W2 were released, to get the Regis, I had to transfer them from Emerald to Platinum to Black, but it's not like it's impossible.
    It's not impossible, but it is annoying. If its possible to make it compatible with gen IV and V why not? Why limit the potential of the game? Theres no reason to.

  2. #32
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,172
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanxxx View Post
    It's not impossible, but it is annoying. If its possible to make it compatible with gen IV and V why not? Why limit the potential of the game? Theres no reason to.
    Yeah, but's there's also no reason to make Gen IV compatible with Gen VI as well. If they went out of their way to do a pointless thing like that, they could easily spend the time on better things instead, like, you know, the actual game.

  3. #33
    Let's make this showy Captain Marvelous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    GokaiGalleon
    Posts
    443
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanxxx View Post
    It's not impossible, but it is annoying. If its possible to make it compatible with gen IV and V why not? Why limit the potential of the game? Theres no reason to.
    Yeah, but's there's also no reason to make Gen IV compatible with Gen VI as well. If they went out of their way to do a pointless thing like that, they could easily spend the time on better things instead, like, you know, the actual game.
    if that compatibility doesn't happen i will not buy x or y as i do not have a gen v game and don't want to be forced to buy one just to get my turtwig over

  4. #34

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    I highly doubt they are going to connect Gen 6 with Gen 4, Gen 4 is pretty outdated now and I think they would only make it compatable with Gen 5, Gen 5 couldnt use Pal Park with Gen 3, even though it would've been quite useful if so.

  5. #35
    Let's make this showy Captain Marvelous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    GokaiGalleon
    Posts
    443
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I highly doubt they are going to connect Gen 6 with Gen 4, Gen 4 is pretty outdated now and I think they would only make it compatable with Gen 5, Gen 5 couldnt use Pal Park with Gen 3, even though it would've been quite useful if so.
    I think that had more to do with dsi and dsi xl then anything else as they did not have gba slots

  6. #36
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,305

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    I'm sure there will be a way. But I hope they drastically improve the efficiency. I hate having to only move 6 at a time. I have over 500 pokemon, and transferring takes a while with numbers that large.

    I hope that we could transfer entire boxes at once and not be forced to do an annoying mini game (it was fun at first, but it got really old VERY fast).

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  7. #37
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,486
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Why would Gen VI be compatible with Gen IV? It only needs to be compatible with Gen V, and plus, Gen IV and VI aren't even next to each other - it'd be like Gen V being compatible with Gen III. I'm sorry, but Gen IV and VI won't be compatible.


    Once again, why does Gen VI need to be compatible with Gen IV again? There is a generation in between, you know.
    And it was an incredibly short generation. Gen V is basically Gen IV 2.0, so I would see no reason for it to not be compatible. There was a 6 year gap between B/W and Gen III, but only a 2 year gap b/w Gen IV and Gen VI.

    I wouldn't be missing out either way, as have W and W2.

  8. #38
    Doc Octillery FTW VeggiePopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silent Bridge
    Posts
    4,498
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

    Default Re: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    As I said in the download thread, hopefully GF are smart and they add a feasible one console transfer system. Have a digital X? Pop in B2W2 or BW, have the game read the card, and transfer them over. How hard could it be?
    How about the people who buy it at retail?


    Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

  9. #39
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,259
    Blog Entries
    405

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

    I wish they would let us migrate our Gen 5 pokemon over to Gen 6 - therefore making them compatible.

  10. #40
    Registered User Totophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

    I forgot about digitally buying games. Oh man this is starting to really hype me up. Having a copy of pokémon on my 3ds at all times, it'll be a great decision to put it on the eshop. It'll probably be the only game I digitally buy.

    Anyone know how much space a digital game typically takes up?

  11. #41
    Cosmic Sky Demon Dragonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Skies of Kalos
    Posts
    1,095
    Blog Entries
    126

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Definitely. Well, they should, as it would be very unwise if they don't. Part of the thrill (and keeping with the "bonding with your pokémon" theme) is moving members of your old team to carry in your new. Not to mention the endless wailing of devastated fans will erupt if ever they did this.

    Anyway, I'm personally sure that GF would. They know how much it has to be there.

    [sources: sig gif|avatar]

  12. #42

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    I say the most likely way that this will happen is there will be a Pokémon Transfer "app" released in the eShop, and then you will use that to "extract" the mons from the DS games, then you will be able to simply transfer the mons over to the 3DS cart in Gen6. This way only one device will be needed for the entire process.

    And really they would have no real reason to not allow transfers from Gen4 titles, since the mon format is basically identical and the trainer/acquisition info would still be retained anyway.

  13. #43
    Girl's Not Grey TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Love Like Winter
    Posts
    1,928
    Blog Entries
    99

    Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by wohdin View Post
    I say the most likely way that this will happen is there will be a Pokémon Transfer "app" released in the eShop, and then you will use that to "extract" the mons from the DS games, then you will be able to simply transfer the mons over to the 3DS cart in Gen6. This way only one device will be needed for the entire process.

    And really they would have no real reason to not allow transfers from Gen4 titles, since the mon format is basically identical and the trainer/acquisition info would still be retained anyway.
    I like this theory, but wouldn't this call for you owning it by download? You can't have more than one card in the 3DS at a time, remember? So if you have the game on download, then I can see you putting the Gen4/5 game in the slot and transferring them via download--

    Oh wait, I think I see your point. Are you thinking of keeping the 'mons on the app for further transfer to X and Y? So kinda like a Pokemon Box 3D?

  14. #44

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    I like the Pokemon box type idea. It would be the easiest and wouldn't clutter the game code as much. One thing I really hope for is if we get Gen IV to VI transfer that they drop the hm restrictions. Even if its just after the E4. My flying raichu on HG just isn't the same without fly...

  15. #45
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,172
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: DS to 3DS transfers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I highly doubt they are going to connect Gen 6 with Gen 4, Gen 4 is pretty outdated now and I think they would only make it compatable with Gen 5, Gen 5 couldnt use Pal Park with Gen 3, even though it would've been quite useful if so.
    At least someone agrees with me.

    Gen IV is long gone. Game Freak aren't gonna go back to it or do anything related to it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •