X & Y Compatibility with B & W

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

Blog Entries

Default X & Y Compatibility with B & W

My head is about to explode. Let there be absolutely no misunderstanding... this is huge.

One of the many, many things darting around my head at the moment is the compatibility issue. Do you guys think there will be full compatibility with Gen V? Or, do you think those who strive to Catch 'Em All will be starting from square one again? Would that be too brave of GF to do?

I never thought I'd say this - considering how much time and effort I've spent collecting 646 of the current 649 (or should that be 654...?!) Pokemon, however, I really don't think it would bother me if there was no compatibility.

I'm not sure why... I think I'm just fond of the idea that I may have to start again and try to collect every Pokemon in its new, glorious form.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: X & Y Compatibility with B & W

The compatibility will probably be treated the same way as the other main series games had been so far. It will probably end up that you can only send your BWB2W2 pokemon over the XY games. The DS and 3DS cartridges can be handled on both a DS (DS) and a 3DS (both), and there are no compatibility issues with those two systems linking up together.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

If you can transfer Pokémon from previous generations by using Black, White, White 2 and Black 2 only I think Pokémon transfered from Generation III games won't have the information about having a long travel through time anymore because that would be too confusing if Ruby and Sapphire remakes are made in Generation VI. I'm thinking that the time of Generation VI will happen close to Generations I and III and will therefore happen before Generation V in the history of the Pokémon world.
    Last edited by Water Max; 8th January 2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

As I said in the download thread, hopefully GF are smart and they add a feasible one console transfer system. Have a digital X? Pop in B2W2 or BW, have the game read the card, and transfer them over. How hard could it be?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

There will probably be some transfer system, butI hope we dont have to play some minigame, just give us the Pokemon.

Agreed. I HATE the minigame in Black and White, I refuse to play it. If I wanna send someone over, I just use Pokecheck, it's sooo much easier, even if I do wind up with two copies.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Platinum FC: 4342 0595 5538
    Heartgold FC:5286 8973 0818
    Black FC: 0132 9951 7664
    White 2 FC: 2495 2229 6740

You should be able to port them to the newest generation just like they did with the Poké Transfer feature in BW2, although i think they might remove the minigame.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

I just hope they don't make you wait 24 freaking hours before you can send another batch like DPPT did, that was awful!

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    If you can transfer Pokémon from previous generations by using Black, White, White 2 and Black 2 only I think Pokémon transfered from Generation III games won't have the information about having a long travel through time anymore because that would be too confusing if Ruby and Sapphire remakes are made in Generation VI. I'm thinking that the time of Generation VI will happen close to Generations I and III and therefore happening before Generation V in the history of the Pokémon world.
    Disagree, I think Gen VI will be at the same time or after Gen V. And recently has come to my mind the idea that Hoenn won't return in the form of remakes exactly, but brand new storylines.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

There's no reason for them not to have backwards compatibility. Between Gen II and Gen III the way a Pokémon's was data was stored was completely changed. The data structure we have now is pretty solid, so there's no need to change it.
    theRagingEwok likes this.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

I really hope X/Y will allow for trade with BW/BW2 (maybe with limitations like that of G/S/C with R/B/Yw where you couldn't send back pokemon with gen 2 moves/gen 2 pokemon?). No more of this pal park minigame nonsense please.
    Shiny Celebi and Silverwynde like this.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Long as it is not a 1 by 1 process I'll be happy dont fancy doing it hundreds of times.

Tbh if they firm up the codings and disable any easy haxs I'd be happy with a no cross over fresh start.
    sonic10158 and theRagingEwok like this.

Blog Entries

It will probably be a mechanism to transfer forward Pokemon permanently like they've done before between generations.

Now, if they could make it possible to do it all on one console, that would be great. Maybe something like first inserting BW/B2W2 into the 3DS and then let it write the Pokemon data into the system (could writing to SD card work?), turning off and then afterwards inserting XY to receive them through whatever in-game machine there is.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    If you can transfer Pokémon from previous generations by using Black, White, White 2 and Black 2 only I think Pokémon transfered from Generation III games won't have the information about having a long travel through time anymore because that would be too confusing if Ruby and Sapphire remakes are made in Generation VI. I'm thinking that the time of Generation VI will happen close to Generations I and III and will therefore happen before Generation V in the history of the Pokémon world.
    I disagree. I think think that if RS are remade this gen, the "long travel through time" note is essential. It would allow you to distinguish between Hoenn Gen VI and Hoenn Gen III Pokemon.

Pokemon hasn't done a prequel yet, so my bets are on that.

I never bother with transferring, I have two 3DS' so I just trade between myself, so as long as I can do that, I don't mind at all. I only ever bring a few Pokémon across anyway, I don't bring full teams.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast