"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: "Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Default Re: "Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Wild Ghastly appears.

Better pound it.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

I was stuck in Slateport and couldn't figure out how to progress for the longest time in Emerald...I didn't realize the bike path is above you, I thought you couldn't go past it and I never even tried. It really annoyed me that the lady wouldn't let me pass without a bike and I had no idea where else to go until I was watching my friend play and he just walked right under the bike path.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I, too, fell victim to the beginning trainer error of training only your starter. Typhlosion killed everything, but I had a full party of one level 70 'mon and five level 20 'mons :P

I had 2 rayquazas in Gen 3. I used them together in Coloseum's battlemountain (or whatever), teaching them different moves to cover as much as possible for SE damage.

One I tought Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Dragon Claw (iirc)
    The second one, among other things, Solarbeam and Sunny Day.

Try and spot the flaw in my plan.
    Friend Safari: Electric (Third slot Galvantula)

Vivillon: Polar
    Wanted: Meadow, Tundra, Garden, Sandstorm, High Plains, Archipelago, Marine, Icy Snow, River, Monsoon, Savanna, Sun, Ocean, Jungle

I will not do battles.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

I used a Dragon type move against Klefki and Gardevoir when challenging the Elite 4... Once a nub, always a nub. :P
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    I was stuck in Slateport and couldn't figure out how to progress for the longest time in Emerald...I didn't realize the bike path is above you, I thought you couldn't go past it and I never even tried. It really annoyed me that the lady wouldn't let me pass without a bike and I had no idea where else to go until I was watching my friend play and he just walked right under the bike path.
    Oh my gosh, I was about to post something very similar! I realised that you could continue up the route, but at one point the cycle path crosses over the grass route and it never occured to me that you could go underneath. I spent days trying to find out what to do - first looking for the bike, and then deducing that the little bit of water (the shortcut to the Oldale Town beach thing) was the way to go, so I went all the way back to the start trying to find Surf.

During my time in Pokemon White, I did a lot of EV training. I got so used to it that I would do it while watching TV or reading. One day I decided to look through the pokedex and I realized during one of my EV training sessions I killed a shiny Basculin...

Credit for the Banners goes to JustTheFx

Time Cat Returns Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Tried breeding Houndour in X, and none of the offspring had any perfect Defense IVs, even when one of the parents held a Destiny Knot. Turns out neither of the parents used had a perfect Defense IV either! *facepalm*
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil, Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4), Hint Coin (Professor Layton), Pandora Claws (Kid Icarus Uprising), Speedwing (Fire Emblem)
    Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries

One time on online battle, I was facing a Charizard X with Swanna and lost. What was the matter? I had ice beam as a move and didn't remember to use it.
    I love cats and all things cute!
    With that said, let's all cheer for our favorite cat Pokemon!
    X Friend Safari: Abra, Espurr, and Duosion

Breeding a Munna and evolving it before it learned Moonlight.

Every time I use an electric move in doubles...with my lightning rod marowak out...

I really need to breed one with the other ability T_T

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Running in my bike, at max speed, for a long time, through routes, cities, once and again returning to Route 7, waiting for the Daycare guy to turn his face and tell me he's got an Egg...

...until I realized the pokémon I was going to breed were still in my party.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

Really stupid things I did in Pokemon Platinum (my first game):
    • Got stuck on Mt. Coronet for a while and actually ended up looking at a walkthrough because there was a cave I didn't see
    • Kept using mach punch on all of the Galactic grunts' Pokemon even if it wasn't very effective
    • Used Kadabra and Porygon on my team (and in the elite four) because I didn't know they could evolve (my Porygon is still unevolved, but that's just because I think it's cute )
    • Went into the elite four with Pokemon that were mostly in the low 50's
    • Replaced mach punch with focus punch and saved before I even knew that focus punch made you wait a turn
    • Not really a bad thing, but I mashed the A button whenever I used bullet seed because I thought that would make it hit more

Also, once I used volt switch on a ground type thinking that I would still be able to switch out.

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

During my earlier Elite 4 run-throughs, I kept thinking Amaurus was Dragon/Ice. So I kept using Dragon Type attacks. Took awhile for me to realize it was Ice/Rock and switch to Fighting/Steel-Type moves.

Time Cat Returns Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Try going into a Wi-Fi battle with only 5 mons in the Battle Box (was hatching eggs in my main team, so can't choose that), and choosing only 4... giving your opponent an advantage. I feel bad for not having my full team together. After my loss (which I deserved), I facepalmed at how much fail that happened before I hit the Ready button to initiate the match...

From now on, I'll make sure my battle box is full.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil, Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4), Hint Coin (Professor Layton), Pandora Claws (Kid Icarus Uprising), Speedwing (Fire Emblem)
    Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast