"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments - Page 4

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: "Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Trophies

Default Re: "Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Getting lost in Jubilife City as I didn't know where the third ticket was.
    Getting lost in the Distortion World.
    No.

Dex

Can't think of too many significant ones. I do dumb mistakes all the time just at random in battles, though.

- Far too many times have I used ExtremeSpeed on a ghost instinctively. Even now, it happens from time to time.
    - In Red, I caught a Kakuna instead of a Weedle. That was quite an adventure, getting it leveled up to evolve. And then even afterward, I had a Beedrill with hardly any damaging moves. It eventually became one of my most powerful, though.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Blog Entries

I was looking for a Pikachu in the Viridian Forest in LeafGreen and I wasn't paying attention, just kept running if I saw it wasn't a Pikachu. I eventually came across a shiny Weedle and didn't even notice it was shiny until it said "Got away safely!" And I was really upset that I stupidly ran away from a shiny. :(

Queen of Arendelle 0silverphoenix's Avatar

I've spent the last 2 days trying to evolve a Riolu(with super high friendship) for breeding......I've been leveling it up at night.
    I love all things Disney!!

W2 FC: 0347 7142 8369
    3DS FC: 4682 8523 1396

Blog Entries

I've had a few dense moments during my times as a Trainer. Here are some I remember.
    -Using Shadow Ball (repeatedly) against Girafarig before realizing it was partly Normal-type (I actually had to look that up after many, many screw ups).
    -In Red, I heard a rumor that you got a Mew (or something along those lines) if you defeated the E4 10 times with just three Pokemon, and didn't heal at all. The naive 10-year-old (aka. me), believed that, and tried endlessly to "achieve" that. Only later did I find out I had been tricked. D'oh!
    -Thinking Rock-type Pokemon were weak to Ice (because most of them for a while were part Ground, something that didn't click right away). It took me until Gen III to realize that mistake.
    -Trying to find a Hoothoot in Silver during the day (I didn't even realize they had a day/night feature yet, since I only played during the day). You'd think that, since it's an owl, I would've realized that they only come out AT NIGHT!!!
    -Raising a Chingling into a Chimecho during the day. I spent hours trying to increase its happiness during the day. I found out by accident when it leveled up and evolved at exactly 8:01 PM.
    -Teaching my Rattata (named Scribbles) in Gen I Bubblebeam, Dig, and Thunderbolt. Ironically, as I was so persistently stubborn back then, I raised it all the way to Level 100, kept it from evolving, and it became one of my strongest Pokemon in that gen.
    -Trying to catch the Marowak ghost in Red (must've wasted 30 Great Balls on that little obsession).

That about covers the moments I can remember best. There are probably others, but that's what comes to mind.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Follow Keeta on Tumblr

The first time I found a shiny was a pink Lugia in Silver, and I thought something was wrong with my gameboy/game so I reset it.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sent out a Cryogonal against a Haxorus, but then realized it was a type DIS-advantage, but it was too late as Haxorus wiped it out with Dragonbreath.

Blog Entries

I recently found out pressing the L and R buttons scroll through the item bag quicker in BW2.
    Yato likes this.

I thought Plusle evolved into Pikachu because it has similar colors so I trained mine in Ruby because my name was Ash and I already had Swellow and Grovyle so I needed Pikachu badly. it became like level 30+ at Slateport before I finally realized Pichu existed.

Using my Master Ball on Groudon.

Trying to breed my Rayquaza with Ditto to get Rayquaza egg.

Thinking that Red was Ash. I was in 1st grade and my best friend who liked Pokemon was in 4th and I insisted to him that Red was Ash when I saw him in the Fr/Lg guide book. He's like "No, you're stupid, that's Red."

Thinking Steel was weak to Water, because a lot of Steel-types in the Steel gyms are part Rock or Ground, I didn't figure out otherwise until maybe a year ago.

For any of you wondering, Ruby was my first game. All my idiot mistakes happened there, in LeafGreen, or Emerald, my first three games.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Killed Zapdose not knowing its worth in yellow
    used mater ball on an onyx

I always ask before resetting

After replacing my copy of Crystal I picked up used copies of Gold and Silver despite hearing about the faulty battery. Now I have a couple of games that can't save therefore can't be sold.

The Angel of Shadows Dark Angel's Avatar

I told a new pokemon player zubat was dark/flying ( by memory that was wrong ) and she said no its poison flying
    meow, my meowstic will amaze you with its cuteness!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

When I was nine or so, I played pokemon Red, and got stuck in Saffron City because the Rocket Grunt wouldn't budge from blocking the gym. I spent a few days talking to the guy and aimlessly trained before accidentally walking into Silph Co.

Blog Entries

As a kid my friend told me the strongest water move was called Tsunami not Hydropump... And the only way to get it was to have Mew use Metronome...

I told everyone at school this. :C

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast