Would you like to see more version-exclusive locations? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you like to see more version-exclusive locations?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

49 55.06%
  • No.

21 23.60%
  • I'm indifferent.

19 21.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Would you like to see more version-exclusive locations?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Would you like to see more version-exclusive locations?

I honestly do not like ve locations

Blog Entries

I really don't care either way. Black and White were disappointing in this department. I mean, yeah, Black City and White Forrest were kinda cool, and the changes to some area was also cool, but I feel like they could have done better. It would be nice to see something better in X and Y, but, yeah, don't really care either way.

Blog Entries

i'd like to see a few more, as long as the region is not indistinguishable between the two versions

I'm indifferent. On one hand it makes the two games feel unique, but it also seems dumb in the sense that I remeber people mentioning the other place! So what? the other place exists but I can't go there. And how can they both exist if they are in the same places in both versions? If they could make it make sense and actually give them a purpose (I almost never went into black city, there was nothing really to do there), then maybe it would be good. But of course there still next to identicle anyway and I would only buy one version.
    Narcisse likes this.

I'd rather see more locations looking different between versions with varying pokemon appearances based on the difference then actual exclusive locations that way it still feels different from the other version, but it is similar that it doesn't feel like a completely different place

i like how they do it in b2w2 where you can mixe game tp get a key where you can open the exclusive counterpart area to the other game
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Hmm....One the one hand I think it would be kinda cool but on the other hand....it would force me to buy both games to see everything.

And that wouldn't be good.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Yeah, BW2 stepped it up with Reversal Mountain, I'd like more things like that. Also, I want cities/towns that are exclusive that are important to the plot. Like if they had version exclusive gyms? Or swithced the order of gyms? That would be awesome.

Blog Entries

I voted yes.

Why? Well, Game Freak is always going to make 2 versions every Gen anyway, plus a connector game/sequel. It's a tradition that's too prominent to see broken in the foreseeable future. So why not just make the games distinct, with more differences to at least make the dual-version scheme worthwhile? Worthwhile for the fans to buy, and for the company to produce. It's going to be even more money-greedy if Nintendo were to sell us two versions of the same game, the differences only a different color palette for each.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Definitely.

Being one who nearly always buys both versions of each generation, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a lot of exclusive locations and changes when comparing the games to each other, as that'd definitely make it more whortwhile when buying both games. Black City and White Forest were great examples, but I'd like to see a lot more version-exclusives than just that. Only minor changes in the design of a route would work too.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

oh yes!!!!! We need them despearatly ! I would even love changed gym challenge order dependend on the story. cause as seen the Legendearies aren't dragons and so, the X one is a forest poke and the Y one a mountain Poke or so. So
    changes would be good so U have a really reason to play both versions not just version exclusives.

Blog Entries

What I'd like to see is a version-exclusive plot. In one game, the plot takes turn X while the other takes turn Y. (Probably not the best letters but whatever.)

Yeah, I know it'll never happen.

Blog Entries

The additions of version exclusive areas did certainly made things more interesting, and gave more of a point in purchasing two games. But in the end, I'm among the few that doesn't really care. The games are still mostly the same in the end, and I'm probably going to get both versions even if they aren't vastly different from each other. At least that means I can complete the New Region Dex by myself.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    I voted no.

I don't really know how to express my reasoning without sounding very corny but here goes -

When a new region is introduced, I love all the discussion about where it is in relation to the rest of the Pokemon world. The power of our imagination allows us to immerse ourselves in this world as we play through the games - we treat the Pokemon world (or at least most of us do) as a genuine, organic, pulsating, wonderful place.

In Unova... is there an intimidating, sprawling metropolis named Black City, or is there a vast White Forest?
    Is Opelucid City a cutting-edge city, the pinnacle of modern life? Or is it an old fashioned place, leaning on ancient values and built in old, weathered stone?

In my mind- and if you are to imagine these places actually existing - they can only be one or the other. I'd much prefer if GF decided on the complete identity of a region and said to us ''Here it is, enjoy.''

I totally understand why version-exclusive areas appeal to people. I just personally would rather they kept the exclusivity to Pokemon and Plot.
    I voted yes, but I guess you actually convinced me otherwise.
    Narcisse likes this.

I can see problems with version exclusives if it were to change gym order. That problem is balancing the 2 games without making one easier / harder then the other for no particular reason other then they bought one game and not the other. An example : Y player chooses Fennekin and has difficulty with the first 2 gyms because they are water and rock however X player also chooses Fennekin but has a decent time of it because their gyms are bug and normal. Sure thats probably taking it to abit of an extreme but you can see the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast