Would you like Pokémon Snap 2 to be made?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Would you like Pokémon Snap 2 to be made?

Default Would you like Pokémon Snap 2 to be made?

I was wondering this while I, out of nostalgia, started playing Pokémon Snap on the Nintendo 64. I wondered how come Nintendo hasn't made a sequel to this game, and I realized that making a Pokémon Snap for the Gamecube or the Wii would have been more of the same. Also, I know that there's the option of taking pictures in PokéPark Wii, but it's not the same, and taking pictures is not the main goal of the game.

What are your thoughts on this? Would it be better on the Wii U or the 3DS? I think the Wii U would be the best option since the Game Pad can perfectly work as a camera. It's meant to be. Something like this:

6b07ba52d18d187701d64cb9fc788c488af6bb03.jpg

What else would you like to see? I would like:

-At least 500 Pokémon, or, if better, all 649 (even though I know it's almost impossible). In Pokémon Snap, it was disappointing to see only 63 of the 151 that existed in that moment.
    -At least 12 different courses. We can have a city, an underwater level, a haunted mansion, an icy cave, you name it.
    -Courses to have different routes. Most of the challenge in Pokémon Snap was taking pictures of Pokémon in the right moment before the ZERO-ONE moved enough to ruin your photo. This feature should stay to keep it a challenge instead of freely walking around, but the worlds should be bigger and one should have the option of selecting different routes in the same course. The appearing Pokémon would, of course, depend on the route you chose.
    -New items, and having the Apple, the Pester Ball and the Poké Flute making a return.
    -Having a World Photo Board so people can share their photos and see the highest-scoring pictures around the world.

Share your thoughts!
    Last edited by Anser; 13th November 2012 at 08:54 PM.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Would you like Pokémon Snap 2 to be made?

Wii U only

I also think it would be so cool if the player could control that vehicle in a Snap 2, but that may not work well
    Last edited by sonic10158; 14th November 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

I don't think 3DS would be a good idea for a Snap 2. Wii U would be the superior system for it, I think.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe it would be better on the Wii U, and I think it would be fantastic. With all the features that I've seen the Wii U do, I'm pretty sure it would be awesome.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Personally, I'd be content with the game being available on the 3DS, but that's primarily because I'm more of a handheld player and I know I won't be able to get a Wii U. Though, the graphics for the Wii U would be pretty cool. I'd just like to see it include a good chuck of Pokemon from different regions, more areas to explore and special areas you can unlock if you take good pictures of a really rare Pokemon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The sequel could bring the best use for the 3DS' gyro controls, but it would require standing up all the time.

Blog Entries

I can tell perhaps why it never got a sequel: Pokemon Snap wasn't supposed to exist. It was going to be something else, but they decided to make it into pokemon instead. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing one, although I don't know what platform I would want to see it in. Going around with the 3DS AR seems fun, but so does using the WiiU pad as a camera. I do feel it would need to have more environments and more pokemon, but I think the levels would need to be made larger or have more variety, like the branching paths mentioned above. Maybe even have day/night. Perhaps there can also be a way to track whether you snapped pokes with a gender difference. (or even shinies) In fact, screw it. Why not be able to have whole albums of pics of a pokemon. One slot for every possible thing you can get the poke to do. See if you can get all the poses.
    Owain likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I doubt it would ever happen, but yes, I think it would work better on the Wii U. For example, you could use the controller as the camera, and the TV screen shows the safari ride. You'd move the controller around and then take a picture, and of course you could save it onto the SD card to show off on the internet.

Another game that'd be brilliant on the Wii U: Ranger 4.

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

As a fan of the original Pokemon Snap, I too would be quite tickled to see a sequel for either the 3DS or for Wii U. I agree with seeing all species and even having shinies and different genders being available and random to take pictures of, as well as having new paths and areas to explore. Day and Night would be the best addition [other than having all 640+ to snap pics of], as some are more active at night just as some are more active during the day. It worked with the main Pokemon games, so why not Snap?

Console-wise, I also agree that Wii U would be best if this were made. I will admit that I'm a sucker for the DS-line of games and that a Pokemon Snap handheld game would be awesome, but the larger [yet smaller?] console would be best. The new controller does help to make it the best choice, should a sequel be made.

Also, I'd love to see a multi-player mode, like two [or more?] people playing at the same time and messing up their opponents' perfect shots. XD

- Juuchan17
    Anser and sonic10158 like this.

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like if it was on the 3DS, because as far as I can see I'm not getting the Wii U any time soon. I really loved the first one, but I think a lot of the young children that play Pokémon today wouldn't get why it's called Pokémon Snap 2.
    Owain likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Blog Entries

Pokemon Snap was a great game on the Nintendo 64 but lacked a little depth.
    I hope If Snap 2 does hit the shelves it has as many Pokemon and Areas as possible.
    Plus if you could share your pictures using Miiverse that would make it officially awesome.

Double Trouble. Shayminlover123's Avatar

Yeah! but I hope its for the Wii U

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    I'd like if it was on the 3DS, because as far as I can see I'm not getting the Wii U any time soon. I really loved the first one, but I think a lot of the young children that play Pokémon today wouldn't get why it's called Pokémon Snap 2.
    That shouldn't matter. for example: in the sonic franchise Sonic 4 came out in 2010 or 2011 yet sonic 3 came out in 1993. Heck, there was even an old spin-off in that series called Sonic Drift 2 (the West kept that name by the way), but Sonic Drift 1 was only released in Japan

I'm sure kids are smart enough to know what 2 means

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Yes, I'd like another Pokemon Snap game. Not sure why they abandoned this particular spin-off game. It should remain a console game, even though I probably won't be getting the Wii U for a couple years.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

I forgot where I read it but someone was interviewed about Pokemon Snap and asked whether or there should be a sequel, their response was "If they(Nintendo) don't make it, they're stupid and they don't like money" That pretty much sums up my feelings about it. I still play they old one from time to time, even if it was on the wii or Ds I'd play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast