World Championship Thread. - Page 5

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: World Championship Thread.

Default Re: World Championship Thread.

I do love the updated sprites for the Hoenn Gym Leaders. I'm curious as to what Pokemon they'll have.

Also, does anyone know why we got back sprites for the Striaton Triplets? If someone knows that we can fight along side them or watch them fight another NPC, that would be wonderful :D

Indeed, the Hoenn GLs look very cool. It's very weird to see Tate and Liza separate, though. D8; It won't feel right battling just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    There wasn't a splash ._.

There was an ambiguous noise right after the radio cut off. Emphasis on ambiguous. The natural assumption would have been it was the radio given the temporal sequence of events. People had to go through greater leaps of logic to justify a splash, and even greater leaps of logic to say he's dead*. It's obvious that people's need to portray this series darker and edgier than it really is fed into how they interpreted that ambiguous sound.

I rewatched the event on YouTube to refresh my memory... It still sounds like a splash to me. -shrug- We don't know what the outside of this cave looks like. Giovanni was a broken man, dude. He silently walked out without a word. There he was with dreams of taking over the world, only to be foiled by a child, again. His life was a waste. The whole event was dark and edgy, even without any suicide suggestions.

And I never saw Lyra's comment as cold or nonchalant. It sounded more like sorrow or regret. These are Lyra's words (I don't know if Ethan says the same thing): "They keep calling for their boss. I feel sorry they don't know he's not coming." How is this cold? If two children just witnessed and/or heard a man end his life (or attempt it I guess), of course Lyra's words would seem emotionless, or "cold". If anything, Lyra was sad.

And Pokemon doesn't need help from the fans to be dark and edgy. Platinum had it's villain wanting to bring about the apocalypse. To say nothing of Mystery Dungeon Explorers, where the player and partner are told they need to disappear (as in, kill themselves) to save the world. Some fans exaggerate, of course, but dark elements are still there.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

@FairyRed;
    He's not dead. Deal with it. I don't see why we're arguing this still when its not the point.

You keep missing the parts where the things were ambiguous, and people fill it in based on their perceptions (e.g., the splash, the events afterward). Like you keep saying, you like to keep things ambiguous so your imagination can fill it in. That's what you're doing. And that's what people were doing when they said Giovanni killed himself. And that's what I was doing when I said he didn't kill himself. There's no tone in Lyra's "voice" so you can't possibly sense the sorrow in it. We've both shown that her words are interpreted two completely different ways--because the event is what you always want in a game, left ambiguous (though I didn't say it wasn't sad, those words just seemed out of character if Giovanni died, but in-character if she was simply pitying the Rocket grunts). You also can't say "to be fair, the splash" since again, that sound itself was one of the major points of controversy being interpreted in opposite directions.

However, for people to say the World Tournament is non-canon because Giovanni killed himself, when the event had been construed in two completely opposite directions by the fandom (further indicating that the event was ambiguous, like I've been saying this whole time) is just ridiculous since it was up to fan interpretation what happened, therefore, up until Giovanni appeared, neither interpretation was "canon"

Note that Elite 4 members are not invited to this tournament, but Koga, who was a former Gym Leader was not invited while Janine was. However, both Lance and Blue were invited, and Giovanni as well, suggesting Blue is invited as the Champion and not the Viridian Gym Leader.

Giovanni didn't die. People need to get over that and stop saying something that disconfirms their theory is noncanon because they want to cing to it.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, even though there's no Koga sprite, he has what *seems* to be a team included in the data...

283 | Muk | Brave | Air Balloon | Shadow Sneak | Gunk Shot | Ice Punch | ThunderPunch | HP/Atk
    284 | Swalot | Adamant | Shuca Berry | Earthquake | Yawn | Gunk Shot | Ice Punch | HP/Atk
    285 | Dustox | Calm | Occa Berry | Light Screen | Toxic | Bug Buzz | Protect | HP/SpD
    286 | Skuntank | Adamant | Choice Scarf | Crunch | Poison Jab | Fire Blast | Explosion | Atk/Spd
    287 | Victreebel | Adamant | Life Orb | Swords Dance | Leaf Blade | Encore | Sucker Punch | HP/Atk
    288 | Gengar | Timid | Focus Sash | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt | Focus Blast | Psychic | Spd/SpA

Whoa. So maybe we will be getting the Elites for DLC after all?

I mean unless Koga's sprite is in there and we all fail and can't find it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    So, even though there's no Koga sprite, he has what *seems* to be a team included in the data...

283 | Muk | Brave | Air Balloon | Shadow Sneak | Gunk Shot | Ice Punch | ThunderPunch | HP/Atk
    284 | Swalot | Adamant | Shuca Berry | Earthquake | Yawn | Gunk Shot | Ice Punch | HP/Atk
    285 | Dustox | Calm | Occa Berry | Light Screen | Toxic | Bug Buzz | Protect | HP/SpD
    286 | Skuntank | Adamant | Choice Scarf | Crunch | Poison Jab | Fire Blast | Explosion | Atk/Spd
    287 | Victreebel | Adamant | Life Orb | Swords Dance | Leaf Blade | Encore | Sucker Punch | HP/Atk
    288 | Gengar | Timid | Focus Sash | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt | Focus Blast | Psychic | Spd/SpA
    Where'd you get that roster from (and couldn't that possibly be Janine's)?
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyou View Post
    Whoa. So maybe we will be getting the Elites for DLC after all?

I mean unless Koga's sprite is in there and we all fail and can't find it.
    That hardly qualifies for DLC if they're in there and we aren't using them. Besides, I'd go with the idea that its Janine's.
    Koukoubean likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

So that begs the question, what's Koga's deal? Is there any dialogue in-game that might indicate his fate?

Seems awfully rude of these so-called League officials to deny Koga entrance. One presumes and, indeed, hopes he simply chose not to enter, or else other circumstances stood in his way.

inb4 fan theories about Koga's death.

Also, maybe I'm just biased....okay, I'm definitely biased, but it seems just the slightest bit anticlimactic for Red to suddenly return to the tournament circuit after his defeat at Ethan/Kris/Lyra's hands. I would think he'd be off training in seclusion somewhere else, unless a substantial amount of time has passed between then and now.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

Koga isn't in because the other Elite 4 members aren't in.

What's strange however, is that Red, Blue, and Lance are in, presumably as Champions since Giovanni gets taken in as the Viridian Gym leader.

Yep. We've got Champions and Gym Leaders, but no Elites. What gives?

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

The lack of Elite 4 has me intrigued too. Maybe Elite 4s can't leave their posts as easily? xD

Since the Player is forced to participate once, that run will not include Gym Leaders and Champions I suppose.
    I am more concerned on the Level of Teams in this World Tournament, Red will be having a level 100 team?
    Red is relatively weak as Pikachu and Charizard's defend is actually too weak, and they can't switch Pokemon (Well, unless they will switch in the World Tournament), it will be too easy to beat him. Unless.......

Mewtwo Lvl100 Nature: Timid
    Hold Item: Leftovers
    EV: 252 SPAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    IV: All 31
    Moves:
    Aura Sphere
    Psystrike
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Besides, I'd go with the idea that its Janine's.
    Nope, because her team is also included and it's different...on 4chan earlier people were posting data extracted from the ROM, and there's three different all-Poison type teams in the data for the World Tournament.

^Yeah, that would be Koga, Janine, and Roxie. Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh don't have poison type gyms.

i was looking at the roster, saw giovanni and was like 'BEST IDEA EVAR' then i saw no koga and i was like *sob*

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast