Like Tree83Likes

Thread: World Championship Thread.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: World Championship Thread.

Probably Double match.

Blog Entries

The World Tournament isn't canon even though Achroma participates in it, simply because people can't accept Giovanni being dead was just some fan theory made up to make Pokemon look darker and edgier?

Makes sense.

The events in Sinnoh Super Contests were confirmed true in HgSs. Unless anything in that tournament directly contradicts canon, I don't see why it should be considered any less canon than things like the Battle Frontier and Frontier Brains.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 21st June 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    투 애니원 and Owain like this.

Blog Entries

Considering the WT is part of the storyline definitly makes it canon are the sprites any different? and do we fight all the Gym Leaders of all regions?
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Considering the WT is part of the storyline definitly makes it canon are the sprites any different? and do we fight all the Gym Leaders of all regions?
    The sprites aren't different. The characters did not age in more than 5 years. They did not even changed their clothes.
    The World Tournament is most likely to not be canon, like Sinooh/Johto Battle Frontier aren't.

The thing makes no sense. Unless B2W2 is not placed 5 or more years after DPPt, but... Caitlin makes the 5 or more years gap canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    and do we fight all the Gym Leaders of all regions?
    Probably, but we don't know this yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post

The sprites aren't different. The characters did not age in more than 5 years. They did not even changed their clothes.
    Neither did Cynthia's, nor Looker's when they appeared in BW. There's a simple reason to not change it: their image is iconic. Given they're likely not going to give them artwork, and how vague sprites can get sometimes (i.e., Bertha vs. Agatha), its best they used their most recent recognizable sprite.

A bit more of a stretch though, if you can download trainers, then its possible that their designs can be updated later. That's just wishful thinking/

The World Tournament is most likely to not be canon, like Sinooh/Johto Battle Frontier aren't.
    It's not canon, yet Caitlin makes reference to both* Battle Castles co-existing at the same time? They even gave a reason why she didn't battle then (i.e., uncontrollable psychic powers)

Perhaps the PC doesn't necessarily battle them, but the events that take place are canon.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

• Unova Gym Leaders do appear within the World Tournament. Drayden, Brycen and Shizui have been noted.
    • It's currently unknown if their teams are completely set
    • You earn 1BP from Unova Gym Leaders, 2BP from Kanto Gym Leaders

World Tournament features:

• Driftveil Tournament: All Pokémon at Lv 25
    • Rental Tournament - Pokémon are randomly chosen for you like the Battle Factory
    • Mix Tournament - All Pokémon at Level 50, can switch a Pokémon with your opponent before combat
    • Unova Leaders - Battle Unova Gym Leaders at Level 50
    • In one of the modes Roxanne, the Gym Leader of Rustboro City, is battlable
    • More World Tournament modes unlocked World Leaders - Battle Leaders and Champions from around the world
    • Rental Master - Another rental battle system, but with rarer and stronger Pokémon
    • Type Expert is another of the World Tournament modes.
    • After participating in a certain amount of battles in the World Leaders tournament, you then unlock the Champion's Tournament

Seems like it's going to have quite a few modes and tournaments.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Teams aren't set apparently, with Alder apparently having one team of Volcarona, Braviary and Conkeldurr, plus another with Volcarona, Chandelure and Reuniclus. So hopefully this'll be Battle Frontier-calibre stuff.

About Frontier hax, and in particular OHKO moves: outside of Glacia and probably Giovanni, OHKO moves (and their users) are likely much rarer than in the Battle Tower or Subway. I can't think who could possibly use the usual suspects, like Quick Claw/Guillotine Kingler or Pinsir, for instance.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Type Expert Tourney is gonna be amazing. Not knowing what type your gonna go against is gonna be something frustrating, or particulary easy depending on how varied your team is.
    투 애니원 likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

What does World Leader mean ?
    Are there other Group of trainer in World Tournament call World Leader ?

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
    What does World Leader mean ?
    Are there other Group of trainer in World Tournament call World Leader ?
    All the leaders randomly chosen.

Ooh, so there are Doubles? Eep, I'm hoping for teaming-up with a Gym Leader, like in the DPPt Battle Tower! Is there any confirmation of that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    The World Tournament isn't canon even though Achroma participates in it, simply because people can't accept Giovanni being dead was just some fan theory made up to make Pokemon look darker and edgier?

Makes sense.
    To be fair, it was fairly ambiguous what happened to him. And the splash suggested he jumped. It's a natural assumption, not a desire for "darker-and-edgier-ness".
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

There wasn't a splash ._.

There was an ambiguous noise right after the radio cut off. Emphasis on ambiguous. The natural assumption would have been it was the radio given the temporal sequence of events. People had to go through greater leaps of logic to justify a splash, and even greater leaps of logic to say he's dead*. It's obvious that people's need to portray this series darker and edgier than it really is fed into how they interpreted that ambiguous sound.

Last edited by The Outrage; 22nd June 2012 at 10:08 AM.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

So even though we know we have a bunch of different level modes, do we know if they're all akin to BF trainers, or are they more like regular trainers, just minus experience. It would be lovely if all these battles were something everyone could enjoy and not just people who spend all their time EV training.

Given his dialogue in R/B/Y/FR/LG and HG/SS he probably disbanded Team Rocket and became a honest and apparently notable trainer once again. I wonder if his dialogue in the World Tournament will reveal anything new about him.

The World Tournament looks great, i can't wait to participate myself. There is still something i noticed. The sprites of Fu & Lan have the same design as in R/S/E, however, they do look aged to me. I also wonder if you are going to fight them separate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aspieon View Post
    Given his dialogue in R/B/Y/FR/LG and HG/SS he probably disbanded Team Rocket and became a honest and apparently notable trainer once again. I wonder if his dialogue in the World Tournament will reveal anything new about him.

HgSs Giovanni actually got some character derailment as he was going to answer his minions' calls and try to rule the world.

Also, I think the only reason Tate and Liza look aged is because the sprites used in the DS games were larger than the GBA ones.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast