World Championship Thread. - Page 2

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: World Championship Thread.

Default Re: World Championship Thread.

No past PCs, please god, no past PCs. OTL Red was bad enough. /wegetitfayeyouhateit.

I hope we can team up with a Gym Leader in this tournament, a la the Stat Trainers in the Battle Tower of DPPt. Being able to team up with Volkner or Steven would be awesome, duhuhuh...

Blog Entries

I really like this feature, it's really cool. I wonder what Pokemon they'll use? Will they just use Pokemon they used on their actual teams, or will they use different Pokemon? I hope it's a mixture.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

I want a downloadable Red plz.

It'd be awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    No past PCs, please god, no past PCs. OTL Red was bad enough. /wegetitfayeyouhateit.

I hope we can team up with a Gym Leader in this tournament, a la the Stat Trainers in the Battle Tower of DPPt. Being able to team up with Volkner or Steven would be awesome, duhuhuh...
    The only past PC I want to see is Brendan, except this would confirm May is the main character since Brendan as an NPC expressed his interest in opening up a gym in Slateport.

And hey, I'll finally get what I wanted, an end to this RSEmake nonsense and evidence toward RSEquels (oh god why did I coin that term)

Well, maybe Kris as well, just to make her existence canon despite HgSs, and to further cement the fact that she and Lyra are different characters.

Also, Professor Oak. Unfortunately, I think his team would be extremely derivative of Red's, using all three starters. People have noted already (I think in another thread if not this one) how weak Red would be in comparison given that he only seemed powerful because of the level curve.

Perhaps Morimoto can also appear using Mew given that he sneaked it in RGBY.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 17th May 2012 at 03:51 PM.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Also, Professor Oak. Unfortunately, I think his team would be extremely derivative of Red's, using all three starters. People have noted already (I think in another thread if not this one) how weak Red would be in comparison given that he only seemed powerful because of the level curve.

Or he could use the team that he had in RGBY that you could only battle using hacks.
    My team will beat all the gyms 24/7/365

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trainerchu View Post

Or he could use the team that he had in RGBY that you could only battle using hacks.
    Which was basically one of three starters, along with random Pokemon that his grandson basically had. Either way, a carbon copy of someone, and given that Oak would be more famous for his starters than random dummy data, I think it's better to use the starters.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Honestly, considering Fire Emblem: Awakening is doing a similar thing (offering previous game characters via DLC), this isn't surprising.

I also hope that they don't distribute each character separately. I can imagine them doing that with Champions, but I hope Gym Leaders are released as a group (Kanto Gym Leaders all at once, then Johto Gym Leaders etc).

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

It'll probably never happen, but I hope there's some rotation and variety in the teams. Worse case scenario is that you would be spamming the same Rock-type move against Lance (what with his signature Pokémon all at least x2 weak against Rock), not to mention strictly monotype Gym leaders.

It does all look very Battle Dome-shaped. I wonder if Tucker'll come back as a secret boss with Tornadus' Sacred Beast forme. I can see it now...
    Last edited by Shiny Porygon; 18th May 2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: can't spell forme

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blue.
    BLUE.

Excited! Blue is one of my favorite characters! I mean, he's Blue!
    The_Doctor likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

On one hand, I'd love to battle Red again. On the other hand, I kind of like him right where he is, perched atop Mt. Silver. He doesn't seem like he'd be the tournament type anymore.

And anyway, if we get Red, then Leaf should come with him as a double-battle option.
    Blazaking and RudolphMilotic like this.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Cheerful and Dangerous
    Add Nick98 on Facebook
    Visit Nick98's Youtube Channel

I just want Grimsley and Karen.
    PERIOD.
    Actual fanfics:
    Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt-Pokémon Edition (MATURE, every Monday and Tuesday)
    The Master Cup (TEEN, every Wednesday and Thursday)
    Viva la Grim (TEEN, every Friday and Saturday)
    NOTE: every fanfic by me is on hiatus due to writing yet another fanfic in another website. Don't worry, I'll return when it's over!

Follow SaintDynamite On Twitter
    Follow SaintDynamite on Tumblr

Mostly excited for Blue/"Gary" and Cynthia, who are confirmed. Yay! Would like to see the Hoenn GLs. (Have any of them been confirmed?) Also, maybe Silver (and Barry by extension I suppose...) could be possible candidates.

I would also like to see Younger Joey for the lulz. That would be in the top percentage of humour.

SaintDynamite

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Also, Professor Oak. Unfortunately, I think his team would be extremely derivative of Red's, using all three starters.
    I was thinking more of something like this as his team:

There's a possibility that endgame legendaries and event Pokemon will be banned in the World Tournament like the rest of the Battle Facilities.
    UnovaCastaway and Killshot like this.

Blog Entries

I don't care who does or doesn't get in as long as the cheating isn't as bad as previous Battle facilities. But that's foolish to think.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Its nice that we get to battle old gym leaders. I would like to battle Blue again and other than that no preference really. I just hope as many as possilble are included.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast