World Championship Thread. - Page 17

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: World Championship Thread.

Blog Entries

Default Re: World Championship Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    The Giovanni suicide theory needs to stop. For one thing, that sound you hear is radio static. Just listen to it instead of running to Tvtropes to scream about how he killed himself. Secondly, I highly doubt they'd put even implied suicide in a game originally aimed at children.
    Legend of Korra got away with a Murder-Suicide so.. and LoK is a Saturday Morning cartoon you know when things like the Pokemon Anime and Yugioh are on... (hell LoK got away with a LOT of things...) so they could probably get away with a character being implied to commit suicide but Giovanni didn't
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    The Giovanni suicide theory needs to stop. For one thing, that sound you hear is radio static. Just listen to it instead of running to Tvtropes to scream about how he killed himself. Secondly, I highly doubt they'd put even implied suicide in a game originally aimed at children.
    Legend of Korra got away with a Murder-Suicide so.. and LoK is a Saturday Morning cartoon you know when things like the Pokemon Anime and Yugioh are on... (hell LoK got away with a LOT of things...) so they could probably get away with a character being implied to commit suicide but Giovanni didn't
    Looks like LoK creators have been struggling for a long time between the temptation of making a darker series and the limits set by Nickelodeon. Bloodbending itself is a rather creepy concept.

Probably it's the same between Nintendo and Game Freak, but I'm not sure. I don't think Giovanni commited suicide, but I still find this plausible. As dark as PokéSpe can be sometimes, Satoshi Tajiri stated that manga is the best representation of the world he had in mind.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Looks like LoK creators have been struggling for a long time between the temptation of making a darker series and the limits set by Nickelodeon. Bloodbending itself is a rather creepy concept.

Probably it's the same between Nintendo and Game Freak, but I'm not sure. I don't think Giovanni commited suicide, but I still find this plausible. As dark as PokéSpe can be sometimes, Satoshi Tajiri stated that manga is the best representation of the world he had in mind.
    Blood-Bending isn't just creepy it's terrifying especially when Amon uses it -shiver- when I thought he couldn't be creepier they throw BB into the mix... but yeah kid shows CAN get away with a lot (Nick letting Bryke pass a Murder/Suicide for example...) but yeah I guess Nintendo has different filters but they COULD get away with it if they wanted to... but Gio didn't commit suicide obviously... what does he say during the battle's btw?

Blog Entries

Stop talking about Korra and just look at the entries of ghost Pokemon. That's all you need to show how dark the series could get. Get over it people. Pokemon Conquest is rated E, but they apparently manage to sneak in references to the real life Hanbei's terminal illness. Golden Sun Dark Dawn is E-10 and the last part of the game constitutes a world-wide disaster that resulted in a lot of deaths, including non-notable NPC's you've interacted with. They could get away with implied death, its happened in other E rated games, but fact is, Giovanni didn't die.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Stop talking about Korra and just look at the entries of ghost Pokemon. That's all you need to show how dark the series could get. They could get away with implied death, its happened in other E rated games, but fact is, Giovanni didn't die. Get over it people.
    I pointed out saying something is meant for kids doesn't mean it couldn't get some pretty dark crap through using LoK as an example... I was pretty much had the same thing you said using another extremly popular show aimed for kids (apparently) which got a lot of stuff past the radar...

Blog Entries

Korra is different from Pokemon, as its show isn't a 30 minute advertisement for the games actually aimed at young children, and tries to please its older fanbase as well. We know they do. We don't know whether the writers in Pokemon care. People just tell them they do.

You don't need to look at an external source to show how this series can be dark, this series has its own examples. We have ghost Pokemon who not only suck the life out of people, but suck the life out of souls. We have Darkrai who's cursed to harm anyone it gets close to, and we see the effects of this with the Marvelous Bridge ghost girl. To say its implied she died of being trapped in Darkrai's nightmare is an understatement, the only way to be more obvious is to outright state it.

If you're going to make an argument for how dark this series can get, use relevant examples.

aka Cacturne McNeil some nights's Avatar

Korra is aimed at children older than those Pokemon is for.

BLK FC: 5029 0966 4896

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by some nights View Post
    Korra is aimed at children older than those Pokemon is for.
    Though LoK is more definitly more aimed for people in their mid/late teens it still aired in a Saturday Morning time-slot which shows like Pokemon, Yugioh and other shows are played... but let's move the conversation away from LoK... Pokemon is supposed to be aimed for al ages hence E for everybody plus it's surprisingly complex battle systems only the Anime is aimed for little kids (very little it's way to kidy even for a kids show bt that's neither here or there)

I hope that you can battle the player characters from the original Black and White in the Pokemon World Championship in Black 2 and White 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I hope that you can battle the player characters from the original Black and White in the Pokemon World Championship in Black 2 and White 2.
    You can't sadly. Also no Elite 4 is kind of disappointing.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

I hope we eventually get Red DLC. And I hope it's WI-FI, not some crappy Toys R Us distribution.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
    I hope we eventually get Red DLC. And I hope it's WI-FI, not some crappy Toys R Us distribution.
    Red already partakes in the Champion Tournament via normal gameplay. Do you mean that you want him to use a different team?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
    Red already partakes in the Champion Tournament via normal gameplay. Do you mean that you want him to use a different team?
    No, I didn't know he was in it already XD
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

On the subject of Giovanni, he doesn't have to be dead. D8 Recently I've been thinking it was like "attempted" suicide. I stubbornly believe that there was a splash after Giovanni left the cave. And Pokemon doesn't shy away from suicide once in a while, just look at Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers. Darkrai-disguised-as-Cresselia basically told the player character to kill themselves so they don't destroy the world. They don't have to directly say it for the implication to be there. I came to that conclusion before ever setting foot on TvTropes.

PWT is canon, despite the fact that the younger GLs haven't aged at all (they couldn't be at least a little taller or something?), so of course Giovanni didn't commit suicide. That doesn't mean ATTEMPTED suicide is ruled out.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Follow BioOrganism On Twitter

[/QUOTE]
    Red already partakes in the Champion Tournament via normal gameplay. Do you mean that you want him to use a different team?[/QUOTE]

Really? That is so frickin' awesome :D

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast