Will The Vs. Seeker Return?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will The Vs. Seeker Return?

Default Will The Vs. Seeker Return?

The Vs. Seeker was one of the coolest mechanics in FR/LG and D/P/Pt, helping make Pokémon training a breeze instead of battling Wild Pokémon. However, they removed this feature in HG/SS, B/W and B2/W2. I would love this to be brought back in X/Y!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will The Vs. Seeker Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    The Vs. Seeker was one of the coolest mechanics in FR/LG and D/P/Pt, helping make Pokémon training a breeze instead of battling Wild Pokémon. However, they removed this feature in HG/SS, B/W and B2/W2. I would love this to be brought back in X/Y!
    They didn't outright removed rematches in HGSS, you could register select trainers with the Poke Gear and they could phone you for a challenge. I know that it is still nothing quite a like the VS Seeker and certainly not quite as reliable, but point is, HGSS at least still had some form of rematches with most earlier trainers. Whereas Gen 5 just had the Nimbasa Stadiums, the Elite 4, and the occasional breeder in BW2... certainly not quite the PokeGear, PokeNav and VS Seeker from previous gens. I actually do miss the option of being able to re-battle most other trainers, so it would be something I would like to see make a return in Gen 6.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Hopefully they will bring it back.

If we don't get Audino or a Pokémon that'll offer the same amount of exp. as Audino in X/Y, training will surely get rather bothersome. The Vs. Seeker was a great item, and I always used it. I don't even know why they decided to remove it when it's so handy.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

The Vs. Seeker was probably the most glaring omission from the Gen V games and it certainly made grinding in the postgame a lot more monotonous. To see it return would be great for players. That said, I'd like it if there were still other options for grinding - Gen V's Audino grinding and Nimbasa Stadium were still decent options and I'd definitely be happy if similar features were present in XY.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    The Vs. Seeker was probably the most glaring omission from the Gen V games and it certainly made grinding in the postgame a lot more monotonous. To see it return would be great for players. That said, I'd like it if there were still other options for grinding - Gen V's Audino grinding and Nimbasa Stadium were still decent options and I'd definitely be happy if similar features were present in XY.
    Can't put it better myself, but I will argue on one thing (which is still monotonous, mind you, if you're going for the Undefeated medal all the time (which was necessary to "level" up my Pokémon - it ended up making my Party so much stronger than it needed to be)) - the Black Tower and White Treehollow, while locking you off from your bag and the outside world (and any prize money you earned should you choose to exit and admit defeat) are good ways to train up your Party all the way to the level you can fight the Champion with in a rematch...if you're committed. You can argue that it's more monotonous, and I won't disagree with that - after all, planning out where you're going is the most essential thing in this area - you can't just blindly charge into various rooms thinking you'll be fine...
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

I just hate it when GF introduces some amazing features, only to remove them in the next games. It's like they're taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Why don't they just move forward instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I just hate it when GF introduces some amazing features, only to remove them in the next games. It's like they're taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Why don't they just move forward instead?
    Story-wise, not every Region builds their technology the same way that others do.
    One region can also change a lot in two years as well, as evidenced by Generations I and II.

For developmental reasons, there's not really much excuse for things like this, as generally the best way to include features like this is to make a variant of the previous one. Of course, the other way is to provide alternatives, which is what Game Freak did in Generation V most - several Champion level trainers to fight, the Nimbasa City rematches, of course the Rival rematch and the most recent one, Unova's Challenge.
    Last edited by Wishmaker Jirachi; 14th January 2013 at 10:08 PM.

I don't see any reason not to include the VS. Seeker. I'd like for it to return.

Blog Entries

The VS Seeker is certainly handy, although it's probably best to put this post-game, since you are already gaining an increased net experience with the new experience system, assuming you use a full team. Putting it post-game allows for some rematches with certain trainers, possibly with a better team to get more experience, which I thought is better than gradual increment in strength.

It would have been an achievement if this item works in inside areas, such as Gym buildings, though.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 1 (23/10/2014)

OH PLEASE DEAR LORD LET IT RETURN. Most useful training tool EVER.

Indeed, the VS Seeker is just an amazing training tool. D8; The phone system is so stupid and unreliable, 99% of the time they're calling me about some dumb Pidgey they failed to catch.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope so! I miss it. Admittedly, I didn't use it that often, but I still used it when my Pokemon needed a boost, like for the Elite Four or something. They should bring it back or at least something that operates in the same or a similar way.

Dat Alpha Sapphire! RainbowSylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Oh dear lord, yes, please bring it back. It was awesome. I didn't use it much, but when I did, it was just so convenient. Also, I personally hated the PokeGear calling system. >.>
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Friend Code: 0001 - 3520 - 9622
    Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Dark / Nuzleaf, Cacturne, Liepard

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekindle View Post
    Oh dear lord, yes, please bring it back. It was awesome. I didn't use it much, but when I did, it was just so convenient. Also, I personally hated the PokeGear calling system. >.>
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So true!:D

On the subject of the Pokégear: TBH I didn't really rely on the Pokégear calling system to level up my Pokémon, because they all work the same for all rematchable trainers available on the Pokégear, including the Gym Leaders (which was the only form of rematch that I did training up my Pokémon in SoulSilver before challenging the Elite Four) - calling them up in a certain time of day, or them calling you up in other times of day (for non Gym Leader), that's when you're able to rematch them.

A minor point: I'm not exactly sure on the viability of the Vs. Seeker as it is implemented in FRLG being aesthetically pleasing unless reworked. What I'm talking about is the fact that we're in a 3D environment now - it just doesn't seem to look quite the same as it did in the game the Seeker appeared in. It shouldn't be a problem if they change the way the Vs. Seeker works or they work the graphics well enough, though. As I said, a minor point.

Though said point does bring up a question: Do you think the Vs. Seeker will work in the same way that it did in FRLG, or will it be changed? I'm thinking along the lines of the Dowsing MCHN and Itemfinder items of past, in which all the games before Generation IV had similar working ones and Generations IV and V all had different ones depending on the Region they took place in - Sinnoh had a tap on the Pokétch's map to detect items, Johto had a specific radius which worked by holding the stylus down on its radar, and Unova had what is pretty much how everyone expected the Itemfinder of past to work - a screen with two sticks (invoking said Itemfinder item) which point towards items located in the overworld within a certain radius of detection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast