Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY? - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY?

Default Re: Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY?

XY was very simple. They made leveling very easy, and pretty much gave the finger to grinding. Hell, Rare Candies were in abundance in the overworld. I wouldn't mind if the difficulty was toned down, but Game Freak can take off the training wheels.

After looking through the main site I came to the conclusion that they indeed will tone it down or balancing it to XY levels.

Youngster Allen (German: Hugo) on Route 102 has a Poochyena Lv5 and a Taillow Lv3 in RS.
    In Emerald they gave hin a Zigzagoon Lv4 and the lv3 Taillow instead.

Here are two new screenshots which show him having 2 Pokemon, one of which is now a Poochyena Lv4.

Also, Lass Tiana (German: Karin) has 2 Pokemon in both RS and E, now she only has one!

I want difficultly levels from the start so if they have a harder difficulty setting, then making a toned down version is fine. Otherwise the harder the better.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
    Hopefully they tone down Sky Pillar's bike puzzle.
    OMG the bike puzzles. I want everything difficult except the bike puzzles. I spent hours trying to get to Rayquaza because I was terrible at controlling the Mach Bike. It was pure nightmare.

I really hope Challenge mode makes a return. Seriously, they are making it easier with every entry.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They need tto stop making these games so easy for the kids, i could beat these games when i was 7 so can 7 year olds today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Type Arceus View Post
    They need tto stop making these games so easy for the kids, i could beat these games when i was 7 so can 7 year olds today.
    Being able to change the difficulty in the Settings Menu would be a nice compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite Postal Service View Post
    I want difficultly levels from the start so if they have a harder difficulty setting, then making a toned down version is fine. Otherwise the harder the better.
    This. I don't mind if they tone down the difficulty (even to XY levels) in the normal version, but I want a hard/challenge mode available from the beginning dammit!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ur Askan View Post
    Being able to change the difficulty in the Settings Menu would be a nice compromise.
    It would be best to be able to select the difficulty before you begin the game, like where you chose language in X and Y. Having it in the Options (which is what I assume you mean by Settings) would mean being able to keep switching as you go through the game, which people could take advantage of to make certain battles easier than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ur Askan View Post
    It would be best to be able to select the difficulty before you begin the game, like where you chose language in X and Y. Having it in the Options (which is what I assume you mean by Settings) would mean being able to keep switching as you go through the game, which people could take advantage of to make certain battles easier than usual.
    That would be a better solution than mine. And yes, that's what I meant.
    Last edited by HyruleAlpha; 16th June 2014 at 07:02 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disobedient View Post
    After looking through the main site I came to the conclusion that they indeed will tone it down or balancing it to XY levels.

Youngster Allen (German: Hugo) on Route 102 has a Poochyena Lv5 and a Taillow Lv3 in RS.
    In Emerald they gave hin a Zigzagoon Lv4 and the lv3 Taillow instead.

Here are two new screenshots which show him having 2 Pokemon, one of which is now a Poochyena Lv4.

Also, Lass Tiana (German: Karin) has 2 Pokemon in both RS and E, now she only has one!

OMG that is so annoying, I can't remember a time anyone ever complained about Lass Tiana and Youngster Allen being too hard to beat!
    Game Freak seriously what are you doing? Why are you making Pokemon so easy now? No one has ever complained about it being too hard have they?

If you make things a cake walk, people will get turned off, we want some challenge every now and again. XY is too easy, it feels like Pokemon for babies, now it seems they nerfing RS as well. I never liked the games that much but one thing they had going for them was that Wattson, Drake, Steven (and Roxanne for me when I used Torchic) were challenging.

So far in XY there has been no one I'd class as a challenge at all!

...Yeah, I'm really hoping they have the decency to give us difficulty settings at the game start if this is what they're going to pull.
    3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790

Blog Entries

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

That does seem disappointing.

Mind you, I have to retract part of what I said before about the games only seeming hard in retrospect. I played Sapphire's E4 just now with pokemon I levelled to be up to 10 levels higher than Steven's best, and his metagross still wiped the floor with me.

Also; these are only beginning trainers. It does make some sense to tone them down a little bit. I doubt it's a general trend for the whole thing (if it is, they might see ratings fall).

EDIT:

Just looked up the trainers in the screenshots. Lass Tiana had 2 of the same Pokemon, and nothing feels more annoying than fighting the same thing twice (looking at you, Hoenn E4 Sealeo). It makes sense to remove one. Also, I would say that level 5 enemies is a bit much for the first trainer-filled route.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I don't see why changing the difficulty settings mid-game if you find it too difficult (or making it harder once you learn the game and find it easy) is less preferable than having to restart your entire game over to change the settings because you're locked into it.

If anything, language settings should also be something you can toggle.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast