Will there be Shadow Pokemon in Generation V? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be Shadow Pokemon in Generation V?

Default Re: Will there be Shadow Pokemon in Generation V?

I hope not. I'll admit, I was amused by being able to steal people's pokemon without a cheating device but that amusement only lasted so long. Not to mention that in the games they were in there were little to no wild pokemon and I'd hate to see that happen again, a risk you're running when you have a game that you can just take other people's pokemon.

i wasnt a big fan during tthe shadow pokemon times but i have seen pictures of shadoww lugia prettycool maybe add it as something like shinys
    Check out my sprites!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Luxray View Post
    I'm sorry to sound all fanboy-ish, but actually, Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness take place 10 or so years in the future from what I can tell, so actually, they are canon. The argument against this, "but there aren't generation IV or V pokemon in those games!", is just as easily defeated as "Sephiroth is the most awesome villan ever!" (with my apologies to UltimateSephiroth). I know the only pokemon in those games are generation I to III pokemon, but what would you expect? Coliseum and XD were both 3rd generation games!
    ...No they don't? They can trade with RSE and FRLG, which shows they take place around the same time.
    Goddamn look at that Wargle in your avatar, all, "FUCK YOU I'M AMERICA! I EMBODY THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WITHIN MY FURY! I AM BOTH BIRD AND CONCEPT!"

What about the "dark" pokemon from the old rocket tcg set? Not dark type but just "dark pokemon". Or is that basically the same concept?

It would be a cool way to incorporate a new shiny type concept

Isn't that basically the same thing? I'm not really well-informed on the TCG, though, so...
    Goddamn look at that Wargle in your avatar, all, "FUCK YOU I'M AMERICA! I EMBODY THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WITHIN MY FURY! I AM BOTH BIRD AND CONCEPT!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't see any reason this should happen (unless there's a sequel to Colosseum and XD)

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
    I don't see any reason this should happen (unless there's a sequel to Colosseum and XD)
    While I cannot see it ever happening, another game in the line of Colosseum and XD would be something I'd welcome, if only in a luke-warm fashion. While it's not on the same level as the handheld games story wise, the gameplay was pretty good and I really liked the idea of playing my Pokemon in full 3D. Also, a decent Pokemon adventure on the Wii would be a nice addition the franchise after the snoozefest that was Pokemon Battle Revolution.

However a return to Orre on maybe a quest to conquer the Colosseums that have risen there and maybe dealing with a criminal gang that have started their own colosseum (the Under colosseum).

It'll never happen, but heh. It's a nice thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

I'd like to see Shadow Pokemon, but not in B/W. I liked Colosseum/XD, and if they made a sequel on the Wii, I'd buy it.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    ...No they don't? They can trade with RSE and FRLG, which shows they take place around the same time.
    But the time difference between Colo and XD are 5 years, so yeah...

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

maybe there be more Collosuem games

ѴÍCTORY!!!!!!!! ßlaze Jџdgement's Avatar

A Shadow Pokemon would be nice, but like most people would say, I doubt that highly. ;D

Future Frontier Brain

Well, we never got to know how exactly Rui got her Shadow detecting powers. Or where Wes went to after he beat Cipher. I want it to happen!

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Master Luxray View Post
    I'm sorry to sound all fanboy-ish, but actually, Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness take place 10 or so years in the future from what I can tell, so actually, they are canon. The argument against this, "but there aren't generation IV or V pokemon in those games!", is just as easily defeated as "Sephiroth is the most awesome villan ever!" (with my apologies to UltimateSephiroth). I know the only pokemon in those games are generation I to III pokemon, but what would you expect? Coliseum and XD were both 3rd generation games!

Anyway, there's a lot that can be done with the shadow pokemon concept. Maybe they could go into detail about the shadowfying process or something. I would like to see shadow pokemon return, even if it isn't in Black and White versions. I also think Wes deserves a cameo.
    Everything not developed by GF (which means Ranger, Dungeon and Colosseum/XD) IS NOT CANON. In any case, they are their own canon. Compatibility. I never used the "there are no Gen IV Pokés on them" as an argument to base my point, so I really don't see why you brought it up.

The only argument in favor of them being canon is the trade compatibility, but we've seen lots of times before that that is a gameplay mechanic and doesn't mean they are set in the same canon.

So we might get Shadow Pokémon in Gen V (in another Genius Sonority game, that's it), only not in BW.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

The only canon game was Blue version.

You know, cause of the cannons on Blastoise? Do you see them perched up there on his shoulders? Right there. You should be able to see them--

I'm sorry. You may punch me now.

It would be cool if Game Freak formally acknowledged any of the "Extended Pokemon Universes" as true. Some of them, not all. Like the Colosseum games. Maybe take pieces and parts (like the shadow Pokemon, which is what this thread is all about!) and bring them into the main games. Or at least make some of the characters "real" in the Poke-Universe, and say, "yeah, he/she actually existed and really did the thing that they did to save the world".

Cause I sure as heck would love Miror B. in my Pokemon games.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

I'd very much like to see Shadow Pokemon (or the entire Orre region) return in an RPG on the Wii, but I kinda doubt it. :/ The only 4th gen game outside the DS was PBR, which I didn't care for.

...Although purification was annoying as hell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast