Wild Starters in Our Future? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wild Starters in Our Future?

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wild Starters in Our Future?

I really don't think they should be catchable in the wild. I like there concept and I think it should stay that way. But what they could do is show you the facility in the game where they're bred maybe some private island for Professor's and Experienced Trainers.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

I'd like to see it to be honest. Like how the elemental monkeys are all available in rustling grass at 5% chance or something, like someone else mentioned. I also agree that they should only be available post game. It would just seem wrong for them to be available in the wild during the main story.

Yeah that would be interesting with say a 1% encounter rate.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As a former Pokémon fanchild, I advocate this simply because gosh darn it I was jealous of Ash :I Though it'd be cooler if the mon was rare, and there was only one, kind of like a legendary but much easier to catch. Say if you were looking for a Charmander, there would only be one Charmander and it'd continue to be available in the area until you caught it.

Blog Entries

I want to see Wild Starters in future games, maybe in some obscure hard to get route or section of a route

Maybe in the next region's Victory Road or something, the Unova starters will have a 1% chance of appearing in rustling grass. The rarity would be worth it.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

will never happen.

nintendo want us to trade they already have the silly "trade holding this item to evolve said pokemon" to force more trading and the biggest trading bargain tool people have other than shinys is the starters. Most people have more than 1 starter that they want so making the other 2 appear in the wild wont happen, even if its 1% encounter rate between the hours of 8pm and 9pm everyone will still have all 3

plus the fact the starter pokemon are like ultra rare and hardly any tainer would find one in the wild, they are breed at special breeding centers who work for the football league. The only reason Ash finds them all in the wild every region is becasue well for advertising it wouldent actually happen to anyone.

That would be really cool. I could definitely see it happening. I mean, stranger things have happened. Especially in this last generation.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

I really think starters should appear in the wild since in the anime there were wild starters like Ash's tododile. Some of the starters seem weak enough to appear in the wild and yet they never did. I really think Game Freak/Nintendo should at least let some of the more weaker starters appear in the wild.
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

They are starters because they are rare, it would make the whole concept of receiving one of three starters at the beginning of the game moot otherwise. If this has been the case for over ten years, I can't see them switching anytime soon.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Wild starters could be great idea as starter Pokémon can be catched in the wild in anime and manga (even other NPC trainers have starters), but this was never implented into games. I would like to see wild starters in Gen VI.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The anime isnt exactly like the games though. I have a feeling that starters will not be wild, and will remain exclusive to what they are. They're rare for a reason, they're supposed to be special.

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

They should not be in the wild, rather should be given by NPCs like in yellow and HG/SS.

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Starters come from secret breeders, I used to be one with my second Diamond version and I had a box for each starter, and usually carried one of each starter-type level 100 as my battling pokemon. Then I gave away my second Diamond. :p, Anyway, more on-topic, they should be post-game and in a special area like that guy in Sinnoh with the garden in his backyard with special pokemon, something like that, one of those secret breeders you could befriend and take advantage of. :D

Edit: Or maybe, and I loved how they did this in HG/SS, have a particular NPC give you the choice between a regions three-starters... I was hoping for Cynthia to give you a starter in B/W/B2/W2 ever since the announcement of B/W but it never happened. :(
    Last edited by EmpoleonProd; 28th January 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Eh, I'm not sure. It would be cool to see it, but it kinda ruins the uniqueness of the starters, even if there's a 1% chance. Maybe a past-gen starter appearing as a legendary-type, like the Braviary/Mandibuzz of Route 4 in BW2. Maybe it could even be only one past-gen starter per game, depending on your current starter (like a Snivy appearing if Froakie is picked). That would be cool.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast