Why...so....slow.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why...so....slow....

Default Re: Why...so....slow....

I hate it personally. I can whiz through the Battle Tower in Emerald, and yet Platinum is so so so damn slow.....

Blog Entries

Naturally, Move animations have gotten more flashy and complicated, so people can go "ohh" and "ahh" at the dazzling effects. Also, since 4th Gen, Pokémon intro animations have become a standard feature, which drags on the battles.

However, I think this is an exaggeration. Ignoring the obvious advancement which in turn causes the battles to drag on, Platinum (Not Diamond/Pearl. Those were the slowest games of all times) has a really good pace. Also, unlike 3rd Gen, you can speed up the messages following the attacks (Critical hit, Super effective) and the Items, which is very welcome.

The walking speed was nerfed in 4th Gen, though. But it doesn't really matter with Running Shoes now usable indoors, so bleh. I'm ignoring Diamond/Pearl, because they failed even more in this regard. Platinum and HGSS run at the same speed, it seems.
    lol I got bored.

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

exaggeration my ass. While the running shoes are the best thing to happen to the game in a while, 4th gen is slow as hell. Playing Ruby is like fucking lightning speed in comparison.

But yeah, its because its more realistic/flashy.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
    exaggeration my ass. While the running shoes are the best thing to happen to the game in a while, 4th gen is slow as hell. Playing Ruby is like fucking lightning speed in comparison.

But yeah, its because its more realistic/flashy.
    and gen II is even faster. Seriously, speed through gen II and Gen III. You can't even control your character in Gen II. It's like instant teleportation.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    and gen II is even faster. Seriously, speed through gen II and Gen III. You can't even control your character in Gen II. It's like instant teleportation.
    Gen I is even faster. You can get a Lv. 2 Pokémon to Lv. 100 in a few minutes. Name another main game where you can do that.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So what we're saying here is that as the games get more advanced, the speed of it slows down to something a bit more relaxed.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

^ Of course. Plus, with more power come more improved visuals, and a better way to represent attacks as they were meant to be.

What I mean with "exaggeration" is that people seem to want to get to level 100 in one second or something. Can't take the time to witness the nice visuals we've gotten over time. They're nothing to write home about, but it's definitely better than what we had before, I'd say.

Guess I'm just patient, and after experiencing Hell Diamond/Pearl, anything in terms of gameplay speed is awesome.
    lol I got bored.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by *Orion* View Post
    ^ Of course. Plus, with more power come more improved visuals, and a better way to represent attacks as they were meant to be.

What I mean with "exaggeration" is that people seem to want to get to level 100 in one second or something. Can't take the time to witness the nice visuals we've gotten over time. They're nothing to write home about, but it's definitely better than what we had before, I'd say.

Guess I'm just patient, and after experiencing Hell Diamond/Pearl, anything in terms of gameplay speed is awesome.
    Actually I think some attacks (not to mention a lot of battle sprites) look far far better in their Gen III renditions. And it's not only the move animation, but the transition -that's my real complaint. In Gen III, just at the very second the animation ends, the next piece of text shows up, but in DPPt, you have to wait like half a second after the attack animation ahs ended to have the text start appearing. Half a second might not be much, but when you put that together in a battle against a Trainer with many Pokémon, it really adds a lot of time.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I guess for me, I didn't notice anything in the battle scenes for DPPt, but the walking, biking, and running were really slow when compared to RSE.

infinite 1up's Scizor_Technician's Avatar

GF probably doesn't realise how slow the games actually are because I know if i didn't spend hundreds of hours playing it, I wouldn't pick it up. My friend only plays it for a few hours a week and she doesn't notice the speed at all.
    The worst part about it is trying to get through the battle tower, I swear to god beating 7 trainers, even in the first couple of round when you can OHKO everyone, still takes about 10 minutes.
    There should be fast forward button on the next console thats equal to pressing the space bar on visualboy.

You can read my fic; A Deadly Breach here.

Platinum FC: 2321-2981-5085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12