Why Do You Play a Pokemon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why Do You Play a Pokemon?

Add Link Snivy on Facebook Add Link Snivy on Google+
    Visit Link Snivy's Youtube Channel

Default Why Do You Play a Pokemon?

Just wondering why some of you play Pokemon. Some of my friends play it for fun, others for the story, and others just to get the Legendary Pokemon. I play Pokemon for the story and to raise my Snivy! Some people think its dumb that i don't evolve my Snivy but, i grow attached to the little Pokemon! yes i kno they arent real but still! heh heh, sorry for my little rant. ^///^

So why do YOU play Pokemon?
    I AM NOW ADDICTED TO UGLY BETTY!!! I HAVE SEEN EVERY EPISODE AT LEAST FIVE TIMES AND TO THIS DAY IS THE ONLY SHOW THAT MADE ME CRY AT THE END....

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THEY BRING THIS SHOW BACK...or at least make a movie out of it....

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW

*evil laugh*

Default Re: Why Do You Play a Pokemon?

I like to "collect 'em all", haha x) I completed the pokedex in pearl, and I'm slowly evolving, catching and transferring pokemon to black 2!

I guess I took the "gotta catch 'em all" thing to heart!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The story plots are awesome. They are so detailed and well-thought out that I always enjoy playing them over and over

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

I like to play to collect gym badges and battle all the different trainers! If the contests and Battle frontier where more like the anime and part of the story then I would love to story even more. I'm not so concerned with catching Pokemon, I only tend to catch ones I really like

Blog Entries

It's fun, it's fulfilling, it's strategic, it's one of the best game series ever.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Add Chiss on Facebook

Breeding, raising, training. Period.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

Playing the games because they have some of the best stories of any games ever. Period. And I like the VGC tournaments.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I like the games. They are a lot of fun. I really like the adventure aspect: leaving home, going on a journey with Pokemon, training and beating gyms and eventually becoming champion. I also like collecting and raising different types of Pokemon, since there is a lot of variety, it doesn't get boring. Its just a good game with a good story that has something in it for everyone pretty much.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I think that the games are really fun. I like traveling around the region, catching more Pokemon, bonding with the ones on my team, defeating the evil team and going through other trainers to become the Champion. The storylines are good and pretty engaging. I don't try to capture every Pokemon out there, but having so many Pokemon out there makes the process of creating a team fun since there is quite a bit of variety. The games are enjoyable and fun way to relax for awhile.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

One of the reasons I like the games is because not only are they a lot of fun, but they actually have a lot of strategy and planning involved and the fact that they are disguised so well as a game for children is really what makes it that much more appealing. Kinda feels like a hidden gem or something, I like the feeling of that.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Follow bubbie on Tumblr

i don't really care about the story so much as collecting and catching all the pokemon i can. i've always been a big fan of games with a lot to collect and a lot of places to go, so pokemon is just perfect in that regard. also, i love the pokemon designs so much. i really wish they were real. travelling with amazing creatures on my own and experiencing the world with them just sounds perfect.

They're fun games, simple as that. I just got re-addicted to the series this year after realizing I needed something to do on the college campus between classes. I decided "Hey, I played Pokemon as a kid, I'll get back into the series", so I went to Gamestop and picked up a used copy of HeartGold. Now I'm hooked once again.

Also, the best thing about playing on a college campus is that there isn't a shortage of people to play/trade with, since there are a few thousand people who are in the same boat.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Before it was just because it was fun and I liked to beat the game and train and join contests and stuff, never really cared about the story...but now with BW and BW2 I actually pay attention to the plot, so now I play for the story too.

Blog Entries

I guess by now it's just getting to fight all the crazy trainers in the games, and getting to use new pokes when they come along. For up until the third gen, I liked to train a lot and would even do multiple runs of Silver, but that was because I couldn't decide on a team. Training got to be too boring for me after completing the game, and I eventually slipped into just doing nothing when I was done evolving all that I could. For a while, I tried doing themed runs, but that met with mixed results, as I no longer cared for the limited movepools of the older games. It did liven up my playthroughs somewhat, though. I eventually abandoned my old concepts and just decided to use what I felt like using. There's no telling if I will even try to do this again, though. Admittedly, the true reason I got into pokemon was for the world presented. Unfortunately, this world was first seen as the anime. My current perception is sort of "what the anime would be like if it followed the mechanics more closely". Thus, my true passion is alternative interpretations that depart from the main series. Whether that be spinoffs or fanfiction.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Video games - they are fun, get me thinking, I can use all my favorites and train them how I want, there are many combinations to use in the game and it'll never end (I mean there are limits to the gyms and such but you can still do what you want in the end), as the years went by the games got better and better, the spin-offs such as Stadium and Snap are also great games, I play them because it was my childhood and I love living with it

Card game - I played this before the video games and it interested me when it came out, I don't play it as much as the video games but its been a fun hobby to play and I have a lot of fun even if I lose, I loved collection the cards and how they looked

in the end Pokemon was a great thing for me and I'm happy to have grown up with
    I play it for the laughs and memories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast