Why do you cheat?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why do you cheat?

never finished Gen. 2 ZeekSlider's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Why do you cheat?

I recently put on my wishlist a GBC Game Shark and a DSi Action Replay. Obvious reason why not stated.

But with all the internet chatter I've come across about how people hate getting hacked Pokemon in trades or going up against someone with All Shiny Legendaries, I have to ask...

Why do YOU cheat?

For me, I only put these devices on there because I know by the time I get the games, I'll be SOL in getting some of the event Pokemon. I like to collect Legendaries. I don't use them, but I like to collect them. (Hmmm, that sounds familiar...) I don't expect to get a 3DS and Black/White before April 10, so I intend to use the AR to obtain a Liberty Pass to unlock that event in the game. Similarly, with the GameShark, I plan to use it to unlock Kurt "giving back" the GS Ball to capture Celebi in the Gen 2 game.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why do you cheat?

For boredom, pranks, and for legendaries. Oh, and for Max Elixirs and master ballz.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

For pranks? Explain, because what would count as a prank hack?

To get the event items required to get the legendaries.

I cheat because it's fun. D8 Also saves me the trouble of figuring out complicated mathematical formulas and whatnot associated with RNG and IVs/EVs, etc.

Also something I've been doing is purposely making bad Legendary Pokemon and handing them away to people asking for unreasonable trades on GTS. I then send the good legit (and sometimes not-so-legit!) Pokemon to my sister to help her Pokedex out, and release the ones I don't need. :> I can't wait for the Wi-Fi to be back online again. I'll be trying a Truant-ability for all of them next, ohoho...

In short, I cheat and hack simply because it's fun to do. I like having a million of things I'll never need or use. I like knowing that my Platinum party can be both in Shinnoh and Unova at the same time. I get a good laugh when I make Arceus appear and his ominous theme starts playing.

It is pure fun for me, no matter how "bad" hacking is. Because god forbid one can have fun with their games anymore. D8
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Also something I've been doing is purposely making bad Legendary Pokemon and handing them away to people asking for unreasonable trades on GTS. I then send the good legit (and sometimes not-so-legit!) Pokemon to my sister to help her Pokedex out, and release the ones I don't need. :> I can't wait for the Wi-Fi to be back online again. I'll be trying a Truant-ability for all of them next, ohoho...
    If I ever start Wi-Fi trading, I'm going to remember this and not ask for legendaries or event Pokemon. XD

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

i cheat mainly for practicle reasons. I use My AR only for checking IVs and making sure my EVs are right, but nothing else. I neever use it for items, Pokemon or money.

You only get 1 Earthquake TM, but SO many pokemon can learn it. Why Limit it? (Pre Gen 5)

Makes it easier to EV train. Oh, and gives you a better selection of items to use for battling, like near infinite air balloons.

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I only cheat after I've finished the game, or have gotten really bored with it. I usually use cheats just to screw around. Like, using Walk-Through-Walls or turning on all Shinies(even though the one I used made EVERYTHING shiny, and only worked as long as the cheat was on). But I never used it for serious reasons.

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

Now I like Shaymin better Fluffy Cinccino's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I cheat to walk through walls. That's always fun.

I also cheat to get Pokémon I like, but can't get.

I recently used an AR to get all the items in game and lost my entire game save with hundreds of legit shinys (most that i had chained/RNG'd myself) Never using an AR again.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    If I ever start Wi-Fi trading, I'm going to remember this and not ask for legendaries or event Pokemon. XD
    Hehe! If it's a legit offer, like Palkia for a Rayquaza, then I don't interfere. But others, they get what they ask for. D8
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Hehe! If it's a legit offer, like Palkia for a Rayquaza, then I don't interfere. But others, they get what they ask for. D8
    they don't ask for hacked rubbish

if you don't like their requests then you can just ignore them
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I don't and I do not plan to (I've always seen it as a bit of a cop-out if you haven't completed the game otherwise) - but if I did, I'd probably do it for kicks, and only after I completed the game and 'dex legitimately. My reason now would most likely be to get event Pokemon I'm not able to get to, and I disagree with using hacked/cheated Pokemon in battles and unless everyone is aware and in agreement, I don't think it should be possible to trade them, either.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast