Why do Wonder Cards exist?

Thread: Why do Wonder Cards exist?

Exclamation Why do Wonder Cards exist?

I'm asking that because I'm terribly disappointed with Nintendo. I want to start a new game on Pokémon HeartGold but it seems I will not be able to keep any of my Wonder Cards.

I managed to get some Wi-Fi Events and had to delete some Wonder Cards to get new ones, just like everyone. However, I thought it happened because I could keep only 3 wonder cards to reuse in the future (I gave priority to Wonder Cards with Pokéwalker Routes).

Since I have just found that not only you cannot keep your Wonder Cards when you restart the game but also you cannot send to or get Wonder Cards from a friend, I ask you all: what's the use of Wonder Cards?

Also: Don't you think that's just unfair losing them all like that?

Honestly, I think Nintendo could at least repeat some Wi-Fi Events, since the cycle of Generation IV has already ended and there's no point in keeping some features which are already in the game inaccessible forever. We shouldn't be compelled to keep one save for life like that.

Default Re: Why do Wonder Cards exist?

Lack of support for older events is kind of meh. Then again the fact that international nintendo havent given a promotional pokemon special since genosect while japan has had 6 sucks more.

Blog Entries

I asked myself the same exact question and I think that wonder cards should stay on a catridge permanently once downloaded and the game should be able to hold as many as possible. I mean especially with how hard some event legends are to obtain legitimately this could work. I think it would be easier for players to not have to worry about starting a new game and losing Event Key Items like I lost my Member Card and Secret Key on my Platinum Version which sucks butt. Hopefully this is somehow fixed in future Generations to come.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I doubt it'll change. I dont think Game Freak/TCPi cares very much if your wondercard is lost through deleting your game, though it would be nice if they were permanent. They aren't going to repeat events now, even though I too would like some old events back, since I missed out on the Platinum events myself, it's just not going to happen because they want to support the current games.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Someone could make a petition online to repeat the events for Generation IV or something like that, it would be nice. You can't keep your own legally obtained Wonder Cards after restarting the game. It encourages piracy even if you have got the original game card.
    Last edited by Hatelace; 29th December 2012 at 06:50 PM.

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

Yea I missed all the events in gen iv as i started pokemon this summer. It sucks man but it must be some way to make money.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Quote Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
    I'm asking that because I'm terribly disappointed with Nintendo. I want to start a new game on Pokémon HeartGold but it seems I will not be able to keep any of my Wonder Cards.

I managed to get some Wi-Fi Events and had to delete some Wonder Cards to get new ones, just like everyone. However, I thought it happened because I could keep only 3 wonder cards to reuse in the future (I gave priority to Wonder Cards with Pokéwalker Routes).

Since I have just found that not only you cannot keep your Wonder Cards when you restart the game but also you cannot send to or get Wonder Cards from a friend, I ask you all: what's the use of Wonder Cards?

Honestly, I think Nintendo could at least repeat some Wi-Fi Events, since the cycle of Generation IV has already ended and there's no point in keeping some features which are already in the game inaccessible forever. We shouldn't be compelled to keep one save for life like that.
    That was exactly why I hesitated to restart my HeartGold file (but I'm glad I did! That game-and Pokemon Gold-has given me some great memories, and it felt great to replay it!), since I had an event Celebi on the file, and not only did I really enjoy replaying that event over and over again (by not saving at the end of it), but I really liked owning a Celebi, which I had wanted to do since Generation II (but they were only released in Japan then).

I think once you download a Wonder Card, it should permanently stay on your game cartridge, no matter how many times you restart your game files. That way you can still have access to events and event Pokemon even if you restart the game. It's also for this reason that I'm hesitant to restart my Black 2 file; I got a Genesect through an event, but I want to restart my Nuzlocke (since I wasn't really doing a proper Nuzlocke; there were a few important rules I wasn't taking into account, such as "you have to catch the first Pokemon in each area"), but I don't want to lose my Genesect. :(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Fantasies View Post

That was exactly why I hesitated to restart my HeartGold file (but I'm glad I did! That game-and Pokemon Gold-has given me some great memories, and it felt great to replay it!), since I had an event Celebi on the file, and not only did I really enjoy replaying that event over and over again (by not saving at the end of it), but I really liked owning a Celebi, which I had wanted to do since Generation II (but they were only released in Japan then).

I think once you download a Wonder Card, it should permanently stay on your game cartridge, no matter how many times you restart your game files. That way you can still have access to events and event Pokemon even if you restart the game. It's also for this reason that I'm hesitant to restart my Black 2 file; I got a Genesect through an event, but I want to restart my Nuzlocke (since I wasn't really doing a proper Nuzlocke; there were a few important rules I wasn't taking into account, such as "you have to catch the first Pokemon in each area"), but I don't want to lose my Genesect. :(
    Well you technically don't lose the Pokémon if you manage to trade over to another game before starting a new game on the one it was originally on. So yeah just trade it to another game if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Fantasies View Post

Well you technically don't lose the Pokémon if you manage to trade over to another game before starting a new game on the one it was originally on. So yeah just trade it to another game if you have one.
    My point is that it's really obnoxious to do that, especially since I don't have two Nintendo DS to trade back and forth with, nor do I know many Pokemon fans IRL. That's why it would be better if Wonder Cards saved to the game cartridge, not to the file.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The events will come back someday in some other form...

eventually...
    Oh?