Who thinks the pokemon games should let you choose what race your character would be

View Poll Results: Do you think pokemon should have a race selector?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 40.63%
  • No

23 35.94%
  • Final option-I don't care

15 23.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Who thinks the pokemon games should let you choose what race your character would be

Blog Entries

Default Who thinks the pokemon games should let you choose what race your character would be

My brother thought it would be a good idea that the pokemon games would let you pick what race your character would be. What about you?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who thinks the pokemon games should let choose what race your character would be

I couldn't care really im more interested in a feature that let's you set you character's age/height :P

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Who thinks the pokemon games should let choose what race your character would be

I think they should let you do that and design them in a way. Not super advanced like the Sims, but simple enough with clothing, hair, skin, etc.. choices. Just simple ones

Blog Entries

That would be a nice feature also.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

@mwto; Exactly. That would be sweet, but it might take up a lot of data, making the story and post-game shorter. Considering all of the animations and the 650+ Pokemon.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

No.... just no. This would be utterly pointless.

I would rather have them spend time innovating the battle system or something than wasting time on stuff like this.

It would just be a waste of coding in my opinion.
    Baka-kun likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

No. The characters are all designed to be their own existence, not us. It's no different than when we play a Mario game as Mario, or The Legend of Zelda as Link (though you can rename him). I know a lot of people want to pretend it's actually them traveling around the regions, but those characters are not meant to truly be us.
    Fennel, Baka-kun and sonic10158 like this.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    @mwto; Exactly. That would be sweet, but it might take up a lot of data, making the story and post-game shorter. Considering all of the animations and the 650+ Pokemon.
    Not if the outfits and stuff were preset. At least give different player character choices, for example if in HG they had let you choose between Crystal or Lyra instead of giving just Lyra.

Blog Entries

Not really no point the PC's are their own character not us... besides the only White PC's are Hilda, Hilbert, Mei and Kyouhei the others are Japanese
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    besides the only White PC's are Hilda, Hilbert, Mei and Kyouhei the others are Japanese
    What? I doubt with Japanese names like Mei and Kyouhei that they're white. It's a Japanese game, they're Japanese.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Blog Entries

LOL!? I know. Everybody in the pokemon game is black!
    Just for everyone to know I was joking. But maybe those features will make it better than the other generations.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I could see it taking up a lot of memory that could be used for more productive stuff, but having a custom character would be amazing. Maybe down the road sometime when games have space to blow on trivial things. I like the idea of changing race/appearance because the current single character per gender makes it look like you're battling yourself when you battle another player...

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    besides the only White PC's are Hilda, Hilbert, Mei and Kyouhei the others are Japanese
    What? I doubt with Japanese names like Mei and Kyouhei that they're white. It's a Japanese game, they're Japanese.
    And we have Brendan and May who are from Hoenn (Kyushu) Unova is based on New York so Mei and Kyouhei are technically American and thus more likely to be white... same with Hilda/Hilbert the others are Japanese because their regions are based are based on regions of Japan (Kanto, Kansai, Kyushu and Hokkaido)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

This will cause the Racism problem which shouldn't even exist, as there is Pokemon Wifi Trade Center where all player can meet....
    So definitely a NO.

If those racism argument explode at the trade centre just because of this race selector, I'll quit any online Pokemon gameplay.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 8th July 2012 at 01:50 AM.

Why not a Black Player Character for once (both genders)? We already have Iris, Lenora etc. This PC will be preset and everyone can't change it. That way, everyone will be forced to play as a black PC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast