What's the most irritating "Broken Brdge?" - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the most irritating "Broken Brdge?"

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the most irritating "Broken Brdge?"

Snorlax is annoying, I cannot stand pewter city in yellow..I only wanna get past so i can hurt brock damn it.

worst of all though is the one in RS where you can't leave your room till you set a clock you'll never look at because your not home!
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    Snorlax is annoying, I cannot stand pewter city in yellow..I only wanna get past so i can hurt brock damn it.

worst of all though is the one in RS where you can't leave your room till you set a clock you'll never look at because your not home!
    The clock isn't a bridge. Broken Bridges are things that wouldn't allow you to move untill a series of things have been achieved. The clock is just the normal flow of events.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy0337 View Post
    The clock isn't a bridge. Broken Bridges are things that wouldn't allow you to move untill a series of things have been achieved. The clock is just the normal flow of events.
    It's still technically a broken bridge becasue you can move arounf, you just can't leave an area till the task is completed (area=bedroom, task=setting clock)
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

PDL

The most pointless broken bridge is the one in Diamond, Pearl and possibly Platinum.

There's a route from Hearthome City that leads to Mr.Backlot's mansion. However, the first time you try going there, there's a single newsreporter blocking the way out.

This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that there isn't anything else stopping you from looping around from Hearthome to Soleceon, to Veilstone, then down to Lake Valor and then Pastoria and cross the marsh all the way to Mr.Backlot's mansion.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Definitely the Old man and the Youngsters' Pokemon Battle in Red & Blue and Gold & Silver respectively. It's for gameplay purposes, alright, but if real life is like this, they will be berated. I mean, what if you are having battles in the middle of the road where people will normally pass?

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennel View Post
    Those random NPCs blocking the exits to the Fight Area until you check out the Battle Tower.
    If I recall correctly you only need the National Dex... I learned that the hard way.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Regarding that Snorlax... There must be an unwritten rule about Pokemon "consenting" to being captured... i.e. by entering battle with you... else it's naughty. As opposed to paralysing it and making it suffer, squeezing it into a tiny ball for all eternity, of course... as long as they attack it's perfectly OK ;)

I think I remember being the most annoyed (in Yellow) by the guy stopping you from moving on from Pewter City because you haven't fought Brock yet... What business is it of yours?! None of my Pokemon are any good against ground/rock types so let me go find something better, please!... This was before I discovered the wonders of a level 12 Nidoran.

Of course, I will take the most ridiculous excuse for a bridge blocker to inhibit progress in the game over even more pointless HMs any day!

Oh I hate broken bridges!! I call them Annoying Men, they always stand by the side of the path and when you try and walk past them they get in front of you and very rudely push you back. The Ragecandybar man is the worst. I even tried using Cut on him, but it said, "There's nothing to Cut!" ^^

Basically the Annoying Men are just a lazy excuse to stop the player progressing in the game without inventing another HM. I quite like the idea Pokemon blocking the path though, like Snorlax, Sudowoodo and the Psyduck in Sinnoh; it's more logical than there being a human in the way. If it's a human then logically you should be able to ask him to move, but Pokemon are wild creatures and need to be dealt with in other ways (Poke Flute, Squirtbottle etc.)

The Ragecandybar man must be psychic, he somehow knows when you've defeated Team Rocket and leaves Mahogany Town immediately!
    White Team

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The Snorlax one makes so sense:
    1) Wake up Snorlax
    2) Put Snorlax to sleep
    3) Capture Snorlax
    4) >>

The tea one's a bit stupid. Surely, by the time the guard has had his bit and goes to take it to the other guards, it's cold?

Add Okamidna on Facebook
    Follow Okamidna on Tumblr

theres been a blackout in sunnyshore city...what the f*** do i care? it aint blocking the path is it now?

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The tea one's a bit stupid. Surely, by the time the guard has had his bit and goes to take it to the other guards, it's cold?
    They're thirsty, so the tea is most probably already a cold tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Princess View Post
    theres been a blackout in sunnyshore city...what the f*** do i care? it aint blocking the path is it now?
    Because they're working and could be dangerous. Of course, you can enter to a cave crowded with enormous rock and steel snakes, sail in a sea infested of poisonous jellyfishes, walk under a heavy blizzard in a route renowned for legends about ghosts in the way, climb to the highest mountain of the region, face an evil criminal team whose megalomaniac boss summons the f**king rulers of space and time, go to another dimension and meet a giant ghost dragon, and beat the crap out them with your ferocious but loyal beast bodyguards... but don't even try to walk near an electrical work. Could be dangerous.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Add Okamidna on Facebook
    Follow Okamidna on Tumblr

and i suppose all those sparks flying through the actuall gym wont hurt if you fall into them too

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fennel View Post
    Those random NPCs blocking the exits to the Fight Area until you check out the Battle Tower.
    This. I don't care if I don't have the National Dex, thats no reason to block me from getting to my precious Heatran.

Blog Entries

strength bolders you see them and then forget then don't know what to do when you need to use them
    I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dewford Town in RSE. You aren't allowed to go to Slateport until you deliver the letter to Steven. Most of the time, you'd need Flash to navigate the cave. To get Flash, you have to beat the Gym Leader there. The only problem? Brawly is stupidly hard to beat, and you only have the Pokemon in the cave to grind against. In doing so, you'll get to Steven anyway! >:(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast