What's the best part of Pokemon?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best part of Pokemon?

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What's the best part of Pokemon?

As you've read the name this is about the best part of Pokemon. By 'part' I mean storywise e.g.
    first part - start of game to 3rd gym
    middle part - 3rd gym to 7th gym
    last part - 7th gym to Postgame.

Don't just all say the last part cause that's when you get Lv100 and competitve battling talk about the actual gameplay, e.g. around the fifth gym because your still battling gym leaders which is fun but now most of your Pokemon are evolved and have better moves and now the Evil team is more involved.

Don't argue with each other as everyone is allowed their own opinion but please follow the rules, Enjoy.

Default Re: What's the best part of Pokemon?

hmm...... I'd say second part. Most things in the game happen then story wise. The last part involves too much grinding and the first part part never has a good selection of Pokemon.
    I claimed Squirtle.

My SoulSilver Info:
    Name: Allan
    Friend Code: 0818 5931 2255

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

I love the middle part but it always finishes so quickly, then suddenly you're in the post-game.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RGB - Surprisingly enough, what you define as "last part". Things start getting very interesting starting with Seafoam Islands for me.

GSC - FIRST Mid-game, meaning pretty much the Team Rocket plot and rival encounters and whatnot. This goes up to Lance.

RSE - This is a hard one... I guess by the time you reach Mt. Ember it's early mid-game... Though when I loved most the exploration was when I started going towards the eastern side of Hoenn (after beating Norman). Story-wise it was getting interesting... So I guess that the conclusion with Rayquaza and all is part of it too. So yeah, mid-game too. However post-game also had a lot of charm to it.

FRLG - Last part/post-game by far. It pretty much expanded everything I liked of RGB.

DPPt - Mid-game because it was more story heavy and when most things happen... but it works in a similar way as RSE, I include the conclusion at Spear Pillar.

HGSS - Curiously, the "second" mid-game. I found exploring Kanto much more exciting this time around.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

GSC/HGSS: Mid-game, that's where the conclusion of the plot is.
    RSE: Again, late-game, that's where the conclusion of the plot is
    DPPt: Late game, that's where the conclusion of the plot is

I wonder what I find best about the games??? O_o

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Multiplayer. Beating your friends, beating your enimies, and beating random n00bs on wifi never gets old.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I always love the first section. The great potential to have ANY team, the exploring and wondering what will be ahead, and the seemingly dauntiong task of beating all the gyms wins it for me.

I think you should have made this a poll.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Hah, it would be mid-game. At least, Emerald and Platinum-wise, when the plot reaches its climax and the tension just makes the hairs on my back stand on end. D8 The fate of the world is in the hands of a 10-12 year old child, and I tend to "feel" what the character is/should be feeling. Especially in Platinum, where I was truly terrified of the idea of a world without spirit.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Last part, AKA Late Game. By then, your Team is pretty much complete and/or fully evolved, you have access to most areas, you got most Items and TMs, and in all Generations besides 1, the plot's climax takes place in it. The climax is by far the most exciting part of the whole evil Teams plots. You also have the most decisive battles, what with facing the strongest Gym Leaders, the Team's Leaders, the Legendary Pokémon, and finally, the Elite Four and the Champion. It's the moment that separates the weak from the strong, and it's awesome and the most fun.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Blog Entries

I prefer the first part.

I find low level battles funner than when all the pokemon are high level. Some of the best gym leaders, like Brock and Misty, are fought at the beginning as well.

Blog Entries

The last part, where all the Pokémon are strong at that point and it becomes more of a challenge, and besides, the game's about to finish, so might as well enjoy as much as I can at that point.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

I hate the beginning. "HERE'S HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON!" "HERE, LET ME WALK YOU AROUND THE CITY."

Ugh, just let me start catching things!

Id say that I deffinately prefer the early to middle stages of the games, during rby era I would find that the game dragged a bit after koga and I would generally just start again. I always find that i have more fun trying to build a team than I do actually having it.... Bit odd maybe lulz, oh and i cant wait for Black and White to hit Ireland havent read up on it much and im looking forward to exploring

Catching as many Pokemon as you can is always fun to me, I have only regional dexed one time but am working harder than usual to do it on my SS before B/W.
    I will designate which to use
    SS FC (USED MOSTLY): 4684 5793 5528
    HG FC:1076 8092 8109
    Platinum FC:0776 1611 3903

I like the mid-game. It's where all your pokemon are pretty buffed up and evolved and you are going around fighting gyms and there are just a bunch of pokemon to catch. Definitely the mid-game.
    Croconaw is officially claimed!

Quote Originally Posted by Time
    Did Ghastly come from a fart, or something? And why is it poisonous?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast