What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games?

Never had a difficult fight in the main series games, but going against a Double Teaming, Stomp spamming, Milk Drinking Miltank in PBR's 100 battle challenge was pure misery.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

追放されたバカ

Ghetsis was not much of a problem for me either. However, I did grind a lot with those Audino's before I challenged the guy at N's Castle...I really wanted to get a Deino. I searched hard for that thing at Victory Road and when I finally found one, I accidentally made it faint...

Cynthia was probably the hardest champion for me to defeat. Best champion in regards to Pokemon Team. Yep. But I still destroyed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't have any trouble with Ghetsis at all? I took his Hydreigon down with two of my Samurott's X-Scissors |:
    Ghetsis was no problem for me, but I had trained pretty hard before I faced him. My Golurk pretty much took him out. I also kept a couple of level 100 back-ups with me, just in case but I really didn't need them.

My absolute hardest battle? It's a toss-up between Elesa and Clay. Both battles took me over half an hour--with Elesa it was the Volt Switching Emolga tango while with Clay it was Excadrill and Hone Claws. Okay, Elesa was the harder of the two: I didn't save before I went up against her and I couldn't get a hit off either Emolga. I had to tough it out and finish that battle, whether I liked it or not or lose a lot of progress. Yeah, I'll never do that again.
    I don't why (or how) but I didn't have any trouble with Elesa's Emolga either. I took them both down in one hit, but I don't remember with what Pokémon or which move. I'm ashamed to say this, but the hardest Gym Leader for me was Cilan >__> That asshole kept defeating my Oshawott with his stupid Pansage. I lost about five times. I didn't have anything to beat it (I didn't want to catch Pidove). It was later that I realized there was a girl at the Dreamyard giving a Pansear away. After I received the Pansear, the battle was a piece of cake. Aside from him, none of the Gym Leaders were much of a challenge (they weren't easy, of course, but I didn't lose a single time against any of them).

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Red in HG/SS. He and his ice Pokemon in the hail. -______-
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Tate and Liza in Emerald.
    These two gave me the most hell, out of all the gym leaders of this game.
    I won at the end but my pokemon barely made it out alive lol.

Stu

I first played Blue and Yellow (a looooong time ago) and seem to remember Sabrina being a minx as her Pokémon were only weak to Bugs which had no strong moves back then and Ghosts which I had little interest in as neither me, nor my friends had a link cable to get ourselves a Gengar. Geovanni was also quite tough as I seem to remember him being quite a step up with Blaine and I didn't want to rely on my Blastoise trying to even up my team for the Pokémon League.

Then was Silver (I've since played Crystal on ROMs) and Whitney can be a pain but I've found I usually get lucky with an early status condition on her Miltank enabling me to get a few big hits in without reply or poison eating away at it as it destroys my team. Never really had trouble with Morty IIRC.

Then I've more recently played Sapphire and Emerald ROMs and found Norman difficult initially until finding a nice strategy of evolving a Wingull into a Pelipper with Protect and attacking his Slaking while it's playing truant and protecting itself while it attacks. Grinding a Hariyama a bit also works. Tate and Liza are tricky with a Blaziken (in fact I think I boxed it and grinded my Absol for a while) and Flannery's overheating Torkoal is a bastard.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

For some reason I struggle majorly against normal type gym leaders. Not so much anybody else, but Norman was the hardest, followed by Whitney and then Lenora.

It probably doesn't help that I never had a fighting Pokemon at that point in the game (and in R/S/E's case, hardly ever at all).

Blog Entries

It's between Ghetsis in Black and White, and Cyrus in Platinum.

Let's see here... for me, it would mostly have to be Red in Silver. I had trouble beating him a couple of times, but I didn't give up. After a while, I finally managed to do it, and I was very satisfied.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

The Elite Four in Gold were very hard for me to beat :o It took me ages to defeat them. Also, Norman in Ruby. I couldn't knock out his 2 Slaking :P
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Waiting for Hoenn remake We'reBlastinOffAgain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Norman in Ruby. When I went through and played Sapphire, I made sure I had chosen Torchic as my starter and I also had a Breloom. Once I had 2 fighting types in my team, it wasn't too hard to beat him.
    Battling Red in HeartGold was also pretty annoying. Not because he's strong, but just because when you finish Kanto, your pokemon are only around level 60-70 or so, and Red's pokemon are like level 80-88, so it takes FOREVER to level up so you even stand a chance against him.
    HeartGold FC- 3697 3834 7354
    Platinum FC- 3826 2943 9809
    Black FC- 2623 7586 3462

Don't mess with L!

Follow MikaelDerp On Twitter

Whitney in Crystal when I was about 7 years old. I didnt know anything about strategies and pokemon speed. I just used type advantage attacks until her bloody Miltank murdered me with Rollout.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first time fighting the Unova Elite EFFING FOUR! I couldn't even make it past Shantaul's third pokemon on my first try...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Add Ice Prince on Facebook

Thus far, mine has probably been against Gardenia from Gen IV (first gym battle) lol.

I breezed through Gen I and Gen II without much difficulty, but Gen IV has some challenge. Her Roserade is hateful, especially if you pick Piplup (which I was already evolved into Prinplup and at least 6-7 levels above her team). Didn't have issue with her others, just Roserade. Damned Magical Leaf onslaught.

Blog Entries

Visit Pupmon1's Youtube Channel

The first time I played Ruby it was Glacia from the Elite Four. It's not that I was weak to ice-types, it's just the Pokemon I had that was strong to ice-types was weak to water-types. Her stupid Walrein pwned me with surf.
    Run Run as fast as you can
    You can't catch me nobody can

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast