What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games?

追放されたバカ

Default Re: What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games?

My rematch with Spencer...my Persian won that barely...

Blog Entries

Probably Norman in Ruby. I remember I had to grind my Marshtomp up to the evolution to beat those damn Slakings of his.

Some time ago I started playing Black 2 on a Challange mode, and Veterans always KOed at least 1 of my Pokemon every battle. One of them, which challanges you to a Rotation battle in the Twist Mountain, almost wiped my team clean.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

Youngster Joey, hands down.
    Jokes aside, Cynthia in DP exactly 127 soft resets.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Red in HG/SS. With that hail effect and like three of his Pokemon knowing Blizzard to take advantage of that it was a really tough battle, I can't remember how many times I had to battle him.

Blog Entries

Fighting Cyrus the last time in diamond.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Brock in Yellow. Grr, stupid Pikachu. I went and caught a Pidgy, whom I trained up to level 35, and finally defeated Brock. And Gary at the league was hard. After I lost, a horrible accident happened...

Brock in Yellow was hard because all you had was Pikachu. However, he was not much better when I had Charmander in Red. XD

Probably the most trouble I have had with any in-game battle was with Whitney and her f***ing Miltank. That damn thing was always faster than what I had and hit hard with stomp, always making me flinch! What made it much more frustrating was as you chip away its HP, the game would pull a douchie move by using Milk Drink. I am getting some terrible flashbacks!
    Last edited by snowlioness87; 29th July 2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

Brawly on Emerald the 1st time. I don't know why but it took about 5 tries for me to get it. It might've had something to do with the fact that it was the 1st time I'd ever played a Pokemon game, but I'm not so sure.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Garchomp is adorable randomuniq's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow randomuniq On Twitter
    Follow randomuniq on Tumblr

Ooh I have tons.
    Lorelei at first try of E4.
    Whitney and her Milktank.
    Wattson in Mauville. Daddy Dearest Norman in Petalburg. Tate and Liza in Mossdeep. I wanted to rip my hair out trying to beat them.
    Fantina in Hearthome. Why?!?! I'm still not past her in Platinum!
    Lenora. I wanted to scream "IN YOUR FACE" when my Dewott finally crit hits her Watchog at the umpteenth time.
    Bertha and her Gliscor. Anything I do, she counters with an even better attack.
    Cynthia. Made me realize how much I love Garchomp and how much I hate it when I'm against it.

I hear it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I think my hardest battle was against Cynthia in Pearl version. When I finally won the battle it ended with me and Cynthia only having one Pokémon left each and my remaining Pokémon was a Luxray and Cynthia's remaining Pokémon was Milotic.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whitney in Crystal. I went with a team of pidgeotto, Quilava and Beedrill. Her rollout smashed my team to pieces and I was only 10 then not realizing that I should induct machop into the team. I must have lost to her like 25 times.

Another hard one was Brawly. This time, I went with a team of Marshtomp, Aron, Ralts and Slakoth. Even though, I had ralts(who did pathetic damage), I lost almost 15 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Whitney in Crystal. I went with a team of pidgeotto, Quilava and Beedrill. Her rollout smashed my team to pieces and I was only 10 then not realizing that I should induct machop into the team. I must have lost to her like 25 times.

Another hard one was Brawly. This time, I went with a team of Marshtomp, Aron, Ralts and Slakoth. Even though, I had ralts(who did pathetic damage), I lost almost 15 times.
    Oh, god, Whitney. We had almost the same team, but with Togepi instead of Beedrill. When that final Rollout missedand Quick attack crit'd it, I literally jumped. But Cynthia was still the hardest. Plus, I coundnt find a machop.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cynthia.... I have bad memories of her Milotic.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Ooh, I can all day on this one.

Red-Misty(thank God her Starmie didn't know Psychic) and Sabrina thanks psychics being beyond broken.

Yellow-Brock thanks having to start with pikachu first and not knowing that fighting was strong against rock(I had to buy the player's guide to finally beat him). Misty and Sabrina again.

Gold and Crystal-Whitney and that damn Miltank(just hers. I love Miltank and have one on my team in Crystal). Clair was hard too since I no idea ice was strong against dragon until the guy in the gym told and I didn't have the patience to train the pokemon from Ice Path.(I was 11 and naively thought I could get by without training). Lance with his hacked pokemon(a level 50 Dragonite and an Aerodactyl with Rock Slide). Red because of his insanely high levels for an in-game team.

Sapphire-Norman and that damn Slaking(and he had 2 of them). I even had Blaiziken. Drake because I didn't have any ice techniques on my team(I know, but I couldn't squeeze on in)

Emerald- Brawly because I was using a team that had weaker defenses. Flannery and her hacked Toarkal(body slam should not paralyze that often and Overheat+Sunny Day is too damn powerful at that point in the game). Then the Twins took me by surprise with that damn Claydol spamming Reflect, Light Screen, and Earthquake. Not to mention it was a double battle; I hate that concept was ever invented.

Platinum- Fantina and her Mismagius that was too powerful for just the 3rd badge(and I didn't have dark type either and my Luxio was too slow to use it's Bite effectively). Maylene's and her Lucario even with my Ponyta; it KO'd the rest of my team except for Prinplup who got lucky with it's high defense and Torrent ability. Lucian because he just had a good team. Period. Cynthia and that damn Mirror Coating Milotic and that practically legendary Garchomp(it always KO'd by Empoleon before he could use Blizzard); she a lot tries for me to finally beat. That's a first for any champion.

SoulSilver- Bugsy threw me completely off guard with that U-Turn(way too powerful for the second gym) Scyther; it took me a week to get past him. Whitney and that damn Miltank again; a hacked one this time that made it hard even with my female Onix(that wasn't intentional. I'm not picky about the gender of my Pokemon unless it's something obvious like Gardevoir). Clair again thanks to Kingdra ruining my ice strategy. Lance again thanks his pokemon heavily benefiting from the new battle system and still having a level 50 Dragonite. Red again thanks his levels being even higher(a level 88 Pikachu) to the annoying constant hail and his pokemon spamming Blizzard.

Black and White- Money has been really tight this year forcing me to play on an emulator which is too powerful for my computer, making it run really slow(and yet I can play my N64 games perfectly. I hope the developers fix that). I'm struggling to get through these games; I'm on my 3rd badge in Black and haven't even gotten my first one in White yet. I don't know when I'll be done with these games(or when I can finally get the cartridge). For now will say that Lenora was hard because of Retaliate(am I the only one who's noticed that the Normal-type gyms are usually one of the hardest?).

Black and White 2- I have no idea when I will get either of these games.

Blog Entries

It is a tie between Whitney and GHETSIS. But the single most hard trainer is Fantina in Platinum. I swear I counted every time, and it took a grand total of: 2,432 tries. I am not joking. I swear, the rematch is a piece of cake. But in the first battle, all bow to her
    Last edited by Jdog1020; 1st August 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast