What are your game headcanons? - Page 8
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your game headcanons?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

Pokemon of separate egg groups can still have romantic relationships, but they still can't reproduce with one another.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Fantina is Canadian.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, this is my 700th post!
    Last edited by Akromatic; 28th August 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Do you like potatoes? Toadkerfy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-The regions in the Pokemon Ranger series have their own leagues, but they are smaller than those of the main series games.

-Bugsy's name is not Bugsy. It is a nickname.
    Last edited by Toadkerfy; 30th August 2013 at 06:24 PM.

The people that run the Kanto gyms recently lifted a ban similar to CanCon (requires a certain amount of canadian content on tv), which is why previously the gym leaders could only use Kanto pokemon, but now they have other pokemon like Quagsire, Gallade, and Camerupt.

So we have this as word of god:

We think of it as a place that is really similar to Earth, but is a different planet of its own with people in it who may be similar to people on Earth, but they have different values so they care about different things. It's the type of place, the Pokémon world, where problems we face on Earth just wouldn't happen. There wouldn't be global warming, water shortages, or anything like that. It's a world where the people in it really want to work together with each other. Their value system is such where they would prefer to work together and eliminate these problems rather than feud.
    I'd like to think that it's because of Pokemon that this is possible- that by learning to get along with hundreds of different species of varying sentience levels and mindsets that humans got better at dealing with each other in general.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I prefer to ignore the official statement and put the Pokémon world on Earth anyway. There's so much more plot diversity and drama to be milked from that, in my opinion.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Not really a head canon, but common sense to me: Humans don't eat Pokémon. They eat berries and similar stuff and that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Not really a head canon, but common sense to me: Humans don't eat Pokémon. They eat berries and similar stuff and that is about it.
    There's dex entries that contradict this... though it's the view I prefer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    True, but dex entries also say a lot of stuff that clearly shouldn't be taken seriously and are nothing but myths/lore. Yamask and Abra being human souls/boys turned in Pokémon, Alakazam having a Q.I of 5000 or Banette being an abandoned doll that came to life (yet it evolves from another Pokémon) are some examples. Other entries even contradict some of the Pokémon designs or abilities.

OK this happened to me tonight & I had to get some actual super glue, scotch tape & rubber cement to reassemble my head after I found this out:
    OMG. LOL I'm still like whaaat!!!

Everybody probably knew this already but I just found out that there is an actual REASON for all that Magikarp splashing. Mind Blown!!! Talking to a dude on FB, I was told that the more Magikarp uses Splash, the higher the attack for Gyarados later on. Whaaaat!?! Shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    True, but dex entries also say a lot of stuff that clearly shouldn't be taken seriously and are nothing but myths/lore. Yamask and Abra being human souls/boys turned in Pokémon, Alakazam having a Q.I of 5000 or Banette being an abandoned doll that came to life (yet it evolves from another Pokémon) are some examples. Other entries even contradict some of the Pokémon designs or abilities.
    Those could all reasonably be true.
    -There is just a Shuppet/Banette spirit whose ultimate goal is to possess a doll, but it must first learn to possess a tissue and gain power.
    -Yamask and Abra's evolution lines could be the human afterlife. If you are of extraordinary intelligence, you are reborn as an Abra, and everyone else simply becomes a Yamask that endlessly wanders the halls of mausoleums. Kind of depressing, lol.
    -Alakazam IS just that smart but they do not share their intelligence with humans because some kind of afterlife agreement with Giratina prohibits them from doing so.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

On the subject of Pokemon species themselves, I think the black markings on Buizel and Floatzel's cheeks are gills that enable underwater breathing, making them amphibious mammals. I also think female Mienshao's are more viscous than male ones.

I also believe that we are only seeing the Pokemon world through the perspective of a trainer, and outside of that the Pokemon world is just like the real world, just with superpowered animals, after all, have you noticed that in the games and anime almost every single aspect of life is Pokemon oriented in some way, that bothers me so I like portraying the world more like the real world.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Slowpoke tails were, oddly, treats in GS though.

My own head cannon:
    - Butterfree and Venomoth were once one species but split over time.
    - The measurements in the Pokedex are just the average for that species.
    - Gastly is a dead Cloyster. The gas comes from Cloyster's shell, which contains an odd chemical that somehow becomes a gas when its host has died.
    - This is also why a Cloyster who smashes its shell becomes so deadly.
    - Cubone are the children of dead Kangaskhan.
    - Related, Kangaskhan are hunted for their rare scales and are thus an endangered species. The children aren't worth much so are often left behind by the poachers. As a consequence, many baby Kangaskhan never develop normally and instead become Cubone.
    - The Arceus you can obtain is not its actual form but a weaker avatar. The actual Arceus does indeed have 1000 arms. Humans cannot comprehend it's true form.
    Last edited by Gaga; 23rd September 2013 at 07:31 AM.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by FairyGaga View Post
    Slowpoke tails were, oddly, treats in GS though.
    They didn't kill the the Slowpokes to take the tails, though.

Also that was a Team Rocket thing, that does mean "normal people" eat Pokémon or part of their bodies.

- Related, Kangaskhan are hunted for their rare scales and are thus an endangered species. The children aren't worth much so are often left behind by the poachers. As a consequence, many baby Kangaskhan never develop normally and instead become Cubone.
    The sole fact Cubone are born from Marowak goes totally against this headcanon.

Blog Entries

They didn't kill the the Slowpokes to take the tails, though.

Also that was a Team Rocket thing, that does mean "normal people" eat Pokémon or part of their bodies.

I thought you meant at all, not actually killing Pokemon to eat :P

But there must be a demanding market for it if Team Rocket decided to steal so many tails.
    The sole fact Cubone are born from Marowak goes totally against this headcanon.
    Nah, didn't you read my logical fan wank? Baby Kangaskhan don't develop normally without their mother and become different species altogether. Marowak give birth to Cubone though. No one has just sighted a Cubone without a mask because mutated Pokemon don't live very long and coupled with the childbirth, Marowak mothers tend to die shortly.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast