What are your game headcanons? - Page 6

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: What are your game headcanons?

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    One of my headcanons is this: Red isn't the stoic jackass some other fans heacanon him as (i.e. Pixiv Red). I imagine him as still the curious boy (maybe hotblooded and upbeat too, as indicated by traits shared by all of his anime/manga counterparts; c'mon, they had to have gotten some input on that) that was described in RBGY's manuals and such, only more mature, badass, and wise thanks to his journey.
    Expansion: The reason why he's so quiet when you meet him on Mt. Shirogane is because Red has a gigantic mountain fetish. He's not stoic - you just disturbed him during his happy hour and now he's too embarrassed to talk.

In Black & White 2, he's still sexually frustrated and embarrassed by Gold/Hibiki outing his debauchery to the public, being banned from setting foot on mountains ever again, so he remains speechless.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a couple about the regions and their themes. Some of these are probably pretty obvious, but I also feel each region has some quirks, which I've underlined.

Kanto- Kanto has sort of a science and technological theme going on. This is why it is the home of Silph Co., which manufactures a lot of the other regions' technology, and the Power Plant. It is home to more Scientists than the other regions, some of which contributing to the cloning of Mew into Mewtwo (during which, a failed clone lead to Ditto) and the creation of Porygon. Kanto is also home to most of, what Bulbapedia calls, inorganic Pokemon, like Magnemite and Voltorb because of this. Kanto also has a high Otaku population, as evidenced by the amount of Super Nerds and Poke Maniacs. The national language is Japanese.

Johto- Johto is more on ancient tradition, though in more ways than one. Geographically, they have many ruins (Ruins of Alph and Sinjoh Ruins) and temples. They discovered the Unown and created the modern Alphabet. Every citizen of Johto is required to learn the Unown script, as per tradition. Johto also has many towers to tie into tradition, such as the Bell Tower and Sprout Tower (no pun intended). The early people of Johto also discovered most of the Pokemon world's medicine. Those of Ecruteak City hold tradition in the highest regard in all of Johto. This is why it has two of the towers. It also has the Kimono Dance Theater where certain honored girls become Kimono Girls based on lineage. The national language is Japanese.

Hoenn- Quite obviously, Hoenn is all about nature, being formed by the battle between Kyogre and Groudon. This is most evident by Fortree City's houses being built in trees. Other cities are also build around many trees, water, and in one case, a Volcano. Nature is left alone, for the most part, which is why certain routes have higher grasses than any others. It also has the most weather conditions. Many tourists visit for it's nice temperatures and tropical areas. Speaking of which, Hoenn has a lot more tourists incorporated into their population; it isn't a place for city people. The national language is Japanese.

Sinnoh- Similar to Johto, Sinnoh is about mythology, particularly about Pokemon. A lot of locations are centered around legendary Pokemon and their relation to Sinnoh. They have a great desire to understand their Pokemon and their relations with humans. People mention things like this in Hearthome's "Foreign Building", the Lost Tower, and Canalave's Library. Sinnoh has many young trainers, since they are taught to make a connection with Pokemon at an early age. Even if they are not trainer age yet, many young people have a Pokemon. Sinnoh has a lot of youths, in general; Hearthome City has a lot of babies in strollers. The national language is Japanese.

Unova- Unova is the flashy region. It's where all of the city loving tourists go. Everything there is just huge and glitzy: Castelia City being the biggest of all regions' largest cities. It is also home to other attractions, like: Nacrene Museum, an Airport, a theme park, and a movie production company (all of the Pokemon world's movies come from Unova). It even has large gyms, bigger Elite Four Rooms, even the Champion's room is gold. The national language is English.

At one point in its history, Unova was more like Sinnoh and Johto, and resembled the region as shown in White/White 2: Opelucid was old-timey, Route 4 had ruins, and the Volcano in Reveral Mountain was active. As it began to get more "glamerous", it was changed; Opelucid City was completely destroyed and rebuilt as the one present in Black/ Black 2, the ruins in Route 4 were built over, and the Volcano went dormant. Black City was also built over White Forest.

Not much can be said for Kalos at the moment except that the national language is French.
    Last edited by Team Gaara; 28th June 2013 at 12:37 PM.

I've always had this stupid headcanon where I think Agatha, Karen, Glacia and Bertha are all related somehow. Like Glacia and Karen are cousins and Bertha and Agatha are their respective grandmothers or whatever. It's a silly headcanon...but it's one that I can't shake since forever.

Speaking of Karen, I've always thought she was an ex-Beauty due to her original sprite looking similar to to the R/B/Y Beauty sprite. Even her updated look favors the D/P/Pt Beauty a bit.

Remembered another one:
    Ariana is Giovanni's (ex?)wife and Silver's mother. Mars is Silver's long lost sister.
    Last edited by Cute Charm; 23rd June 2013 at 12:43 AM.
    Jenneta likes this.

i don't have too many and they may have been mentioned but here..

- when the Bell Tower burn't down (becoming known as the Burned Tower) 3 pokemon perished.... after the fire was all gone Ho-Oh revived these 3 pokemon as Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. but what were they before? these pokemon were actually Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon. (not too much evidence... cool theory though. i like and believe it)

- in the first gen games (specifically Red and Blue) when you head to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town your rival is in there. he asks you why you were here, you had no dead pokemon to mourn. so why was he here... he did have a pokemon to mourn. he challenges you and notice this is the first battle that he does not use his Raticate. in your fight on the SS Anne you killed his Raticate... (common-known theory but can be disproved by saying he probably just put it in the PC but i believe this theory)
    So..... I heard you don't like Whitney's Miltank

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like Team Gaara, I have regional headcanons.

In Kanto, there is a shortage of men. The only real men you see around are either in Team Rocket, Gym Leaders, or E4 members, besides the very few in each city. The reason for this is the Great Pokemon War, which happened about twenty years prior to the events of Red/Blue, up to around when Red/Leaf and Blue/Green were born. Lt. Surge is but one survivor of the devastating war which took the lives of many men and Pokemon. Lance was a general, and was instantly given the rank of E4 member when the war ended. Blaine is another veteran, and he suffers from PTSD, so he gives riddles to relieve his stress. He does not like to talk about what happened in the war. The older generation tries to hide the fact that a war happened from children, as they are afraid the children may imitate it when they're older. Otherwise, Kanto is a peaceful region. The mail service there involves Pidgey.

In Johto, many people are quite traditional. This is because Johto is a non-secular country and is ruled by it's religion of worshipping Ho-Oh and Lugia. Even still, people are rather open-minded, and accept all cultures. Unfortunately, Team Rocket inhabiting their region made the country step up their security and become more close-minded, and the people became racist towards non-Kantoneans and Johtoneans, as well as homophobic. Johto did it's best to ease the tension between Kanto and the other warring regions (which are as of yet unknown regions to us).

In Hoenn, nature is put first. People are often relaxed and attuned to nature. It is against Hoenn Law to not recycle or conserve energy (even though people leave their TVs on 24/7). Hoenn, though situated in Japan, is basically the California of the Pokemon world. Since Brendan/May's adventure, a branch of Pokestar Studios was constructed in Lilycove City, and on occasion, Sinnoh gym leaders will visit Slateport City to battle PWT-style. Despite how peaceful the people are, many things are illegal, including drinking, same-sex marriage, leaving the country, or even riding a bike without a permit. Hoenn was the last of the four Japanese regions to be founded.

In Sinnoh, people are very religious and connected with their Pokemon. All households have at least one inhabitant that has a Pokemon. In college, Cynthia majored in History and is the world's leading historian and analyzer of mythology, even though she's rather young. Most people have three or four children. Children cannot be given up to orphanages or foster care, and it'd be pointless anyway, as Sinnoh practically has a crime rate of zero (besides Team Galactic). It is the only Japanese region where public discrimination leads to a long prison sentence and same-sex marriage is not only legal, but promoted by the Gym Leaders and Cynthia (who has a bisexual aunt), and most especially by Gardenia, Candice, and Volkner. The legal age for children to become trainers is younger than any region in the world, at only age eight. Originally, Shinx was also given out as a starter Pokemon.

In Unova, the same things that go on in America happen here. The war on drugs, the marriage debate, controversies about celebrities, etc. Elesa is the Lady Gaga of the Pokemon world, as mentioned above. However, Skyla is the one who can actually sing. She used to be a member of Roxie's band before her grandfather retired, leaving her to her gym duties. Drayden and Ghetsis actually used to be best friends, both raised in Opelucid. But when they found N and Iris in the forest together as feral children, they each took one, each vowing to make their child the most influential figure in Unova. Both succeeded, as both became Champion and N convinced some to give up their Pokemon.

Not much can be said about Kalos.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    Expansion: The reason why he's so quiet when you meet him on Mt. Shirogane is because Red has a gigantic mountain fetish. He's not stoic - you just disturbed him during his happy hour and now he's too embarrassed to talk.

In Black & White 2, he's still sexually frustrated and embarrassed by Gold/Hibiki outing his debauchery to the public, being banned from setting foot on mountains ever again, so he remains speechless.
    I... But... Why...

FANG-TAN, Akromatic and Jenneta like this.

Follow Bluecat on Tumblr

Lt. Surge is from Unova, and Elesa is his daughter. Think about it... in the games he's described as American, and Unova is basically the Pokemon world equivalent of New York.

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

-The owner of the lost Xtransceiver who is the same gender as the player character and does not appear at all during the run (Yancy if playing as Rosa, Curtis if playing as Nate) is, as well, actually a famous pop singer and television interviewer who is currently on tour in another region.

-Obvious one here, but not all the NPC Trainers look the same. However, some of them prefer wearing uniforms to identify with a particular Trainer class and others have standard clothing, such as Scientists.

-Trainer classifications are restricted, which brings trouble when someone with a Trainer class unique to their home region moves into another one which does not have it. For example, this has resulted in a few Hex Maniacs being classified as Psychics within Sinnoh or Unova, getting subsequent back draft from the latter group.

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

I think that the Mystery Dungeon World was created in an alternate timeline when N won the battle with him and Black (I know his name is Hilbert, but I personally like Black) at his castle and separated people and Pokemon by crating a new world free from human corruption and placing them there, and that world became the Mystery Dungeon World, as for the human relics that showed up and the fact that all three PCs are humans... Well, humans would've probably found a way to go there eventually.
    Yato, starryskies and Team Gaara like this.

Blog Entries

Neo Team Plasma would've been Ghetsis's law enforcement had he taken over Unova.

I view the first form of any three-stage evolutionary line as a baby Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Hilbert, Hilda, and N are in a love triangle. Hilbert and Hilda have known each other since they were kids, and Hilbert developed feelings for Hilda. While they were on the quest to save N from Ghetsis, N fell in love with Hilda after the Ferris Wheel date. Hilda likes N very much, but she can't deny that she also likes Hilbert. Thus, this is why after N left, Hilda and Hilbert went their separate ways because Hilda couldn't decided who to love in the end.

Twilight: Pokemon Version.

But still better than Twilight.

Oh, yes. A Pokemon's evolution is a process that takes anywhere from an hour to a full day, depending on the species. It may also be accompanied (before or after) by a massive appetite.

The Porygon family are all the real Poke-Gods, but limit their true power to not rip the world into pieces with their sheer awesomeness. That's why they can all learn Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.

Blog Entries

The grunts on the evil teams look the same to remain as anonymous as possible (hence, why you don't get their names).

Gym Leaders are selected from those who took on the League before. Not really winning but making a good enough impression...
    Last edited by matt0044; 13th July 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast