What are your game headcanons? - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 292

Thread: What are your game headcanons?

  1. #31

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    That swimsuit theory is kinda surprising to hear, def a new one for me


    The Quagsire/Dragonite one is prob my fav in this thread

    Eusine chases Suicune to fill a void in his life

    Morty and his Gengar scare kids/trainers on halloween for fun

  2. #32

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Turtlelot View Post
    The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.
    THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. No, seriously, I've always wondered why isn't this canon and not just a collective headcanon. ;-; Makes perfect sense, actually, and not to mention the stats distributions are rather similar: Entei has massive attack like Flareon, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, while Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky waters. Bonus points for Lava Plume/Discharge/Surf combos with those mons.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

  3. #33
    Parabolic Charge! Helioptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Kalos Region!
    Posts
    465
    Blog Entries
    115

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Turtlelot View Post
    The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.
    THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. No, seriously, I've always wondered why isn't this canon and not just a collective headcanon. ;-; Makes perfect sense, actually, and not to mention the stats distributions are rather similar: Entei has massive attack like Flareon, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, while Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky waters. Bonus points for Lava Plume/Discharge/Surf combos with those mons.
    They were created based on the LIGHTNING that hit Brass Tower, the resulting FIRE, and the RAIN that put it out.

  4. #34

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Turtlelot View Post
    The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.
    THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. No, seriously, I've always wondered why isn't this canon and not just a collective headcanon. ;-; Makes perfect sense, actually, and not to mention the stats distributions are rather similar: Entei has massive attack like Flareon, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, while Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky waters. Bonus points for Lava Plume/Discharge/Surf combos with those mons.
    They were created based on the LIGHTNING that hit Brass Tower, the resulting FIRE, and the RAIN that put it out.
    Or, they were some eeveelutions hanging out, died, and were resurrected on roids (Flareon still gets the short end of the stick). Just because a Pokémon isn't native to a region doesn't mean it won't be found in there every now and then. For example, there's no Sudowoodo or Bonsly in Johto, with one sole exception.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

  5. #35
    Parabolic Charge! Helioptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Kalos Region!
    Posts
    465
    Blog Entries
    115

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Turtlelot View Post
    The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.
    THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. No, seriously, I've always wondered why isn't this canon and not just a collective headcanon. ;-; Makes perfect sense, actually, and not to mention the stats distributions are rather similar: Entei has massive attack like Flareon, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, while Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky waters. Bonus points for Lava Plume/Discharge/Surf combos with those mons.
    They were created based on the LIGHTNING that hit Brass Tower, the resulting FIRE, and the RAIN that put it out.
    Or, they were some eeveelutions hanging out, died, and were resurrected on roids (Flareon still gets the short end of the stick). Just because a Pokémon isn't native to a region doesn't mean it won't be found in there every now and then. For example, there's no Sudowoodo or Bonsly in Johto, with one sole exception.
    Says so in the games and on Bulbapedia, and that Ho-oh revived them.

  6. #36

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    It also says it is unknown what they were before the tower's destruction. The Eevolution idea is simply mentioned, since Ecruteak City is home to the Kimono girls, who use various Eevolutions. The types and similar stat distribution are merely observations between the potential counterparts.

    From Bulbapedia:
    They are said to embody the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned in the tower, and the winds and rain that put it out. It is unknown whether these three were already a Suicune, Raikou, and Entei before they were revived, or whether Ho-Oh actually reincarnated them from three non-legendary Pokémon.
    Also, there's no real point in arguing over who is right in a thread dedicated to personal theories. :P

  7. #37

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Says so in the games and on Bulbapedia, and that Ho-oh revived them.
    We know 3 pokémon died in a fire and Ho-oh resurrected them, but nobody knows who were they. Why are we arguing about a headcanon, again?
    Edit: SirTurtlelot ninja'd me. D:
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

  8. #38
    Good Bad Bug Glitchipedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Knight Pokémon University
    Posts
    2,537
    Blog Entries
    31
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Here's one for ya, from an old thread I made way back when:

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Please feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section.

    Ever since the first pair of remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen, were released to the public, it has been believed by many that the original games are no longer considered canonical.

    Others believe the reverse—that the originals override remakes any day.

    But what if this isn't the case? What if all the games, originals and remakes included, are perfectly canon?

    Remember that back in Generation II, Bill managed to master time travel by inventing the Time Capsule. This device allowed then-present-day trainers to trade their Pokémon to the past, and trainers from the past were able to trade to what they considered to be the future.

    A generation later, in FireRed and LeafGreen, Bill introduced players to the Sevii Islands, a place not seen in Generation I. However, if the player decided not to go with Bill the first time he asked, then he waited at the Cinnabar Island Pokémon Center...and at his cottage at Cerulean Cape. At the same time.

    As far as I know, if spoken to at his cottage, he remains blissfully unaware of his appointment with Celio.

    Some would dismiss this as nothing more than a continuity error or programming oversight. But what if it isn't? What if the Bill at the Cinnabar Pokémon Center is actually Bill from the future, having stuffed himself into his Time Capsule and traveled back three years to introduce the Generation II and III Pokémon to the world, long before they're even discovered?

    This does raise an issue, however—as the Time Capsule is not present in HeartGold and SoulSilver, had Bill traveled to the past, he would have become trapped there since neither he nor his younger self bothered to invent time travel.

    Then again, if Bill were to encounter and befriend a Pokémon with power over time—such as Celebi or Dialga—he wouldn't have to invent artificial time travel in order to return to his own time. Considering that Celebi will take just about anyone who is pure of heart under its wing, this isn't unlikely. And, yes, even though he mucked around with time itself, Bill can still be considered pure of heart since he had nothing but good, scientific intentions in mind.

    Using this hypothesis, it can be determined that the original games did happen—Bill just later went back and changed the timeline for the benefit of the scientific community, allowing esteemed Professors like Oak and Birch to catalogue more Pokémon in a shorter amount of time.

    On an unrelated note, this also allows Bill—and possibly other characters as well—to witness alternative timelines. For example, if Leaf were born instead of Red, or if Gold had chosen Totodile instead of Cyndaquil, or if all of the protagonists and rivals had different names entirely, thus making all decisions made by the player canonical as well.

    Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the wonderful world of paradoxes.

    Yeah, call me a nerd. It's what I am.

    YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

  9. #39
    Because squishy SquishyFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Some place in the US
    Posts
    1,761
    Blog Entries
    83

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    One of my headcanons is that a lot of the Legendaries are relatives. For example:

    Celebi and Dialga might be siblings because both of their powers relate to time
    Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Xerneas may all be family because they're all deer legendaries
    The unnamed Mewthree is a successful clone while Mewtwo is a failed one

    I also think that there may be two specific religions (one that worshipped Arceus and one that worshipped Mew) that have probably fought in the past similar to the Crusades or any religious war. (I've wanted to use this idea for a fanfiction).

    I also think that since Unova was based off of the US, there might be a bad history of Native Unova slaughtering.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

  10. #40

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    I've got a couple:
    Keldeo fought at Waterloo alongside Napoleon, but the English employed the help of Celebi, resulting in a lopsided battle.
    Moonstones are pieces of Radium. Waterstones are water trapped in a piece of lapis luzuil. Firestones are fire frozen in crystals, dusk and shiny stones are condensed darkness and light, respectively. Sunstones are condensed solar radiation. Leafstones are fossilized leaves.

    3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

  11. #41
    Parabolic Charge! Helioptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Kalos Region!
    Posts
    465
    Blog Entries
    115

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Here's one: the starters are rarer pokemon that are descended from the same (Darwinian) branch of evolution. They are bred in special labs and distibuted to professors for study and further distribution.

  12. #42

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    I know the real reason Karen has a Vileplume and a Gengar on her team is due to the shortage of dark types in gen II, but I like to think that they're two of her favourites, given what she has to say about faves.

  13. #43
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,409
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I know the real reason Karen has a Vileplume and a Gengar on her team is due to the shortage of dark types in gen II, but I like to think that they're two of her favourites, given what she has to say about faves.
    I'm still surprised she didn't have a Tyranitar though. She's the final Elite 4 member, and Lance had a Dragonite before along some other pretty powerful 'mons...

    [/overexposition]

  14. #44
    Parabolic Charge! Helioptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Kalos Region!
    Posts
    465
    Blog Entries
    115

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Zangoose and Seviper exist in the wild in both of the RS canons, but one is dominating the feud, forcing the other into hiding. The first one is the one you can encounter in the wild.

  15. #45

    Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I know the real reason Karen has a Vileplume and a Gengar on her team is due to the shortage of dark types in gen II, but I like to think that they're two of her favourites, given what she has to say about faves.
    I'm still surprised she didn't have a Tyranitar though. She's the final Elite 4 member, and Lance had a Dragonite before along some other pretty powerful 'mons...
    Presumably, she doesn't care much for Tyranitar.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •