What are your game headcanons? - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your game headcanons?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

Hoenn and Sinnoh used to be part of the same landmass. Because Regigigas wanted to seal itself, most likely yet again from a struggle between humans and pokémon, it separated Hoenn from it as far as it could long ago, leaving the Regis and their people far from it in the sea. This civilization was back from the Stone, Ice, and Bronze eras, hence the Regis were made to commemorate the times they lived with Regigigas.

This accidentally caused Groudon (who slept in Hoenn's landmass) to invade Kyogre's territory, thus making it a matter of time they started their apocalyptic battle a second time. (Of which there were three: One far before humans in the early stages of Earth that reshaped the world, which Rayquaza stopped late or built a better atmosphere after; this one, which threatened to reshape the world again but was stopped by Rayquaza this time around after plenty of damage was done and is the one humans saw; and the contemporary one in the events of Emerald)

Likewise, that long ago Groudon lived in a time and location Heatran were common. The Heatran in Sinnoh is/are what remains of Groudon's home. Heatran is a pokémon from back when Earth was mostly magma.

Lati@s rarely separate and venture into known and populated places, preffering to be secretive among other of their kind. This means the ones you find are involved in something for this unusual behavior, with one of them looking for the other (preassumbly meaning they are acquaintances of some kind), while the other having gone on their own accord for something (which will never be known because GF cut their story out). In RSE, the one roaming Hoenn is actually looking for the one that has a Soul Dew in a relatively nearby island. In HGSS, the one with the Soul Dew has come looking for the one that is roaming, which has come looking for something else.

Jirachi's true self is actually only the eye. Back in RSE, it was open, signifying it was awake (for it's thousand-long sleep). In all subsequent games, it is closed because it's sleeping. The rest is a minor fraction of Jirachi's consciousness to keep it capable of action while its true self and mind sleeps.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaikouToxin View Post
    -Elgyem and Beheeyem created Klink, Klang, and Klinklang to be used for scouting for life on other planets 102 years ago (as of B2W2). When they found out there was life, they decided to head to Earth to greet the dominant inhabitants, humans, and become friends with them. However, they crashed into the desert, killing all of the Beheeyem, and the surviving Elgyem headed to Celestial Tower to mourn their parents' deaths.
    Deoxys is a virus from the Elygem+Beheeyem's planet that they launched into space as a method of colonizing other planets. It was adaptable, and could change form with the electromagnetic current contained in smaller meteors that were dispersed with the larger one for convenience. When Deoxys sent them the signal that the planet was inhabited, they sent it a signal to go into a protected, dormant state on Birth Island. They then dispersed the Klink as a way of picking an appropriate landing spot. However, at the time of the Klink's landing, Route 4 was not yet a desert.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I imagine that the Pokémon nation (pre-Generation V) is a continent or island chain on an alternate-universe version of our own planet Earth. Unova is part of a larger continent farther away from said island chain.

Timeline:
    • c. 1989-1990: Pokémon Colosseum
    • c. 1995: Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
    • c. 1996: Generations I and III
    • c. 1999: Generations II and IV
    • c. 2010-2012: Generation V

General:
    • Most if not all of the protagonists are familiar with one another on some level. In-game evidence:
      • Generations I and II: Red, Ethan and Kris can all directly trade and battle with each other (though Red can only battle the other two as an NPC).
      • Generation III: Wes, Michael, Red, Leaf, Brendan and May can all battle and trade with each other directly (or indirectly, in Wes and Michael's case).
      • Red, Leaf, Brendan and May can send their Pokémon (as well as Wes' and Michael's) to the Pal Park for Ethan, Lyra, Dawn and Lucas to catch.
      • Ethan, Lyra, Dawn and Lucas can all directly trade and battle with each other. In addition, Ethan and Lyra can battle NPC!Red.
      • Ethan, Lyra, Dawn and Lucas can send their Pokémon (and those previously belonging to Wes, Michael, Red, Leaf, Brendan and May) through the PokéTransfer to be captured by Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa.
      • Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa can all directly trade and battle with one another. In addition, Nate and Rosa can battle NPC!Red (though I tend to disregard this).

• The gym guide actually is a trainer with a teleporting Pokémon. That's how he gets from gym to gym. He just doesn't want you to know that.

Kanto and Johto:
    • The Ho-Oh and Lugia found in the GameCube titles are the same ones who later show up at Navel Rock, to eventually be summoned to the Bell Tower and the Whirl Islands, respectively.
    • Red and Leaf are twin siblings who went on the same journey at the same time, taking down Team Rocket together. However, only Red went on to challenge the Elite Four and become Champion; Leaf quit Pokémon training to pursue other interests. This is why Red receives all the glory and no one seems to remember Leaf.
    • Red obtained the other two starters by trading with Leaf and Blue. The Pikachu encounter from Yellow also occurred, but Red did not add Pikachu to his party until he and Leaf returned with Oak's parcel.
    • Red exposed Mewtwo's existence, but chose not to catch it.
    • The glitch Pokémon are extradimensional beings incapable of properly manifesting in our dimension. This is why they are formless and occasionally have game-crashing (i.e. world-ending) effects, and also why researchers refuse to classify them as Pokémon. The old man from Viridian City and glitch trainers Jacred and Thomas have dedicated their careers to studying and mastering these Pokémon.
    • Red disappeared roughly a year before the events of Generations II and IV. Ethan eventually found him, but lost the ensuing battle. As no one believed Ethan's claims, dismissing them as delusions induced by close proximity to Mt. Silver, Red remains officially missing to this day; I choose to ignore his appearance at the Pokémon World Tournament.
    • Cal (the default Trainer House trainer), Carrie (the Mystery Gift girl from Generation II) and Dude (the capture tutor from Generation II) are all professional trainers and friendly rivals toward one another, particularly later in the timeline once they've had a chance to grow up.
    • On a meta level, Kris and Lyra are the same character played by two different actresses who are actually good friends in "real life".

Sinnoh:
    • The lake trio are the Golden Goddesses from The Legend of Zelda, or reincarnations thereof.

There's probably more, but it doesn't immediately come to mind. Will come back if I think of it.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+
    Follow Renegade on Tumblr

1. Deoxys is not actually a pokemon, and is really a form of sentient being from another planet, who came to Earth with it's race bringing with them the pokemon of their world; The clefairy evolution and Jirachi. They arrived during a warmer climate, and built the Celestial Tower and Dragon Spiral towers (They filled them with the automaton pokemon; Klink evolution and Golett) Abyssal Ruins and Relic Castle cities, the Sinjoh Ruins and Spear Pillar as Transmutation Circles/Areas, which in-turn ripped holes in the universe, making it unstable (HolePunching) and summoning Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, and Mewtwo. Mew was trapped on Earth and lost its inter-dimensional abilities (Allowing for the whole Dr./Mr. Fuji and Mewtwo). The climate changed, Abyssal Ruins became flooded and uninhabitable, the Relic Castle City became scorching hot, and uninhabitable. The Dragon Spiral Tower was sealed of by the Goletts and Golurks. The klinks found their homes in Chargestone cave because they fed on the electromagnetic currents.
    FC: 2191-7898-4310
    IGN: Sherlock

Grimsley use to be an actor, along with Marshal at Pokestar Studios

They starred in Pokeball of the North Star and both played villains, Grimsley as Shin the Zoroark and Marshal as Raoh the Machamp

Brycen played Ken the Lucario aka the jackal with seven scars

Shauntal wanted to write for the show

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-Before Roxie was born, Pop Roxie had a band of his own, called, "The Grimer".

-The legal age to drive in the games is 17. Therefore, I believe Wes is either 17 or 18.

-The automatons have Klutz for an ability because they accidentally sealed off Dragonspiral Tower.

-Dragonite and Quagsire usually smile due to overwhelming joy that they now possess arms.

-Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ursaring, Farfetch'd, etc. are often hunted.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bagon used to have a completely different evolutionary line, a flightless one that resembled more a dinosaur. However, it coexisted with bug pokémon that would go into a pupal stage and grow wings, like Beautifly.
    So eventually, some of them managed to mutate and evolve into Shelgon instead so they'd eventally grow wings too, as Salamence, and that evolution stuck in prefference over the original one. However, even now all Bagon are still capable of evolving into its alternate past evolution, but it has been long forgotten and "disabled" in favor of Salamance.

A similar alternate evolution would have been the case for Pupitar, but it seems it remained as Tyranitar.
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 9th April 2013 at 09:11 AM.

[/overexposition]

-Before Roxie was born, Pop Roxie had a band of his own, called, "The Grimer".

-The legal age to drive in the games is 17. Therefore, I believe Wes is either 17 or 18.

-The automatons have Klutz for an ability because they accidentally sealed off Dragonspiral Tower.

-Dragonite and Quagsire usually smile due to overwhelming joy that they now possess arms.

-Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ursaring, Farfetch'd, etc. are often hunted.
    This is the best one

Dragonite is probably super geeked because he has arms AND wings!

won the friggin poke-lottery there!

Wow people sure have thought about this. Surprised no one has suggested that Red jumps of Mt. Silver at the end of HGSS after being beaten by Ethan/Lyra (let's ignore the fact he's in BW2 and can respawn)

Or maybe he doesn't have a license given his background.

Blog Entries

Or they completely misunderstood what the humans who built them told them to do--ie, "Do what you must to stay safe."

Oddly enough, I figured that the Golett who had Klutz as their Ability were simply younger than the others and acted like slightly clumsy children. Unfortunately, they can't be "fixed" because all their creators are gone.

Headcannons ftw. :3

>Volkner and Flint have something going on.
    >The Church in Sinnoh is related to the Canalave myth which explains Pokemon x Human marriages, and so is Arceus himself.
    >Neither Rosa nor Nate are wearing swimsuits: it's tights and leggings, respectively.
    >Sudowoodo acts as a static tree to protect himself: he's the last Sudowoodo in Johto, all the others were killed somehow.
    >Blue's Raticate never died, unlike Giovanni's Kangaskhan.
    >N suffers from some sort of cognitive disorder, but I just can't tell what.
    >Kyurem is a cool-blooded murderer, no pun intended.
    >Genesect = Armored Kabutos
    >Some Pokémon evolve when traded away because they're like "My trainer gave me away cause I was weak..."
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    Headcannons ftw. :3

>Volkner and Flint have something going on.
    >The Church in Sinnoh is related to the Canalave myth which explains Pokemon x Human marriages, and so is Arceus himself.
    >Neither Rosa nor Nate are wearing swimsuits: it's tights and leggings, respectively.
    >Sudowoodo acts as a static tree to protect himself: he's the last Sudowoodo in Johto, all the others were killed somehow.
    >Blue's Raticate never died, unlike Giovanni's Kangaskhan.
    >N suffers from some sort of cognitive disorder, but I just can't tell what.
    >Kyurem is a cool-blooded murderer, no pun intended.
    >Genesect = Armored Kabutos
    >Some Pokémon evolve when traded away because they're like "My trainer gave me away cause I was weak..."
    best poke-bromance

I think the Nate/Rosa one is accurate

Elesa and Skyla are just as wonderful as HildaxN and VolknerxFlint. <3 Dunno, but those are my 3 favorite couples.
    As for Nate and Rosa, I do see quite a load of arguing about that subject. Maybe I'm biased towards legwear, but I think the swimsuits theory makes little to no sense.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Mine are more or less for a fanfic I've been working on, and tend to focus around legendaries more than anything.

All (or at least most) legendaries are unique, and simply migrate from location to location.
    Dittos are failed attempts are cloning Mew.
    Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket, similar to how it was shown in the anime.
    Missingno is actually a glitched out Porygon, similar to Porygon Z, but much more powerful.
    The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.
    Fossil pokemon were not necessarily always Rock types, but rather it is caused by the revival process and the nature of the fossils.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast