What are your game headcanons?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: What are your game headcanons?

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What are your game headcanons?

Apologies if there is already a thread for this.

I've been wondering: what headcanons do you have about the games? I myself have quite a few.

-Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, and Rosa are cousins, hence their somewhat similar appearances.

-The very first Pokemon Gym was founded in Johto, specifically Ecruteak City. Later, the other cities in Johto followed suit. Sinnoh and Hoenn caught word of the development and also formed leagues, followed by Kanto, until almost every region had gyms and a Pokemon League.

-Red never uttered a single word while on Mt. Silver. He attempted to speak to Ethan/Lyra, but his throat was so unused to talking and his voice was so quiet that no sound came out.

-Phoebe and Marlon are very distantly related.

-Rotom is the ghost of a factory worker who fell asleep and died while making the TV it is contained in.

-Mr. Briney is the most intellegent man in the world, but his extreme wit affects his brain and makes him act psychotic and childish.

-The old woman who teaches Draco Meteor to your Pokemon had an Altaria that knew the move and died when she was a kid. She teaches the move in the hope that Altaria's spirit brings her good fortune.
    Leggo and Phoenixon like this.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What are your game headcanons?

One of my headcanons is this: Red isn't the stoic jackass some other fans heacanon him as (i.e. Pixiv Red). I imagine him as still the curious boy (maybe hotblooded and upbeat too, as indicated by traits shared by all of his anime/manga counterparts; c'mon, they had to have gotten some input on that) that was described in RBGY's manuals and such, only more mature, badass, and wise thanks to his journey.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 3rd April 2013 at 01:10 PM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

...I have enough to write a book, and if I ever got off my butt and wrote I'd be a fanfiction writer. But some examples:

Juniper, Hilda's mother, and Rosa's mother all journeyed as trainers together based on: Juniper and Rosa's mother are stated to be old friends, one went on to be a professor and the other use to be a PokeCenter nurse so it'd be odd if there wasn't a Pokemon journey between them that brought them together as friends. Hilda's mother refers to herself as "Senior Trainer" to her child on one phone call, so she use to be one too. So in my mind: Hilda's mother was the Ash of the group, Juniper the Brock, and Rosa's mother the Misty. Which leaves Fennel someone more like...Max.

Rosa is not originally from Unova, but rather moved fairly recently just in time to see a televized - let's face it, Ghetsis not Televizing his 'victory to be' seems odd given his ego - Hilda stomp Plasma, which sparred Rosa's want to be a Pokemon trainer to get stronger so that she could one day face her ideal, Hilda. Like Gold did with Red, sort of.

Red took a vow of silence, an attempt to find his mind's peace and focus since he'd become the undisputed strongest trainer of Kanto. But a destined battle with a younger boy with diarreha of the mouth - Gold -helped him gain focus again, by beating him, yes. But through words. Gold's youthful out look and want to go on and see all the Pokemon imaginable and battle every trainer ever, and smile the whole way through the tough times...this resparked Red's drive, the drive that beat Giovanni years ago. This is why Red vanishes when he loses. He's not sticking around because, there's more trainers to battle and Pokemon to encounter. Life to be experienced. Oak being one of the few Red regularly keeps in touch with tells him of Gold's power, sparking Oak's want to give Gold a Kanto starter. Not just because he's a strong trainer, but because he helped Red find focus.

Mars is Silver's sister, who was also thrown away by their parents - Giovanni and Ariana. Wondering as a lost child, she was taken in by Cyrus. The first person to seem like they cared about her at all, someone who believed she could even be a strong trainer. Looking at Cyrus as the father she never had, this is why she's the only one to still want to find him at the end of Platinum. The others said, "Screw this, I'm bored with it" while she was all "I'LL FIND HIM! I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES!" So obviously she does care about Cyrus in some way or another.

And I still have sooooooo many more...I need to stop being lazy...
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Blog Entries

I have a couple:

-The civilization that built the Dragonspiral Tower also created Golett and Golurk. They sealed the Automatons inside the Tower to keep them safe because they knew their society was dying and wanted to save their "children".

-The reason why the Golett evolved in the two year span between B&W and B2&W2? Poaching. It's not so easy to take down a nine foot tall golem as it would be to capture a three foot tall youngster. However, the Tower got overcrowded and some of the Golurk moved on to Victory Road. The reason they chose Victory Road? It's a man-made structure and Automatons feel a bit more comfortable in human structures.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Team Aqua/Team Magma are also hunting for the Regi pokemon after the Groudon/Kyogre plot ends (because it would make the later parts of the game more interesting). I'm crossing my fingers that this gets included in a hypothetical remake.

Reasoning: Regigigas has the power to move continental plates. This means that by crashing two together, it would create new land (with a compensatory change in sea level, blah, blah, I don't want to hear about it: you CAN change the land:water ratio by making the ocean trenches deeper), which is actually Team Magma's goal (which actually makes more sense in the first place than trying to evaporate the oceans with Groudon, because the water would just come back down somewhere else....). And by separating two continental plates that, for example, divide Hoenn in half, more coastline could be created, giving more coastal pokemon like Corphish new habitats, which would be a good goal for Team Aqua.

Clever, isn't it?

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

This is an interesting thread, I like reading everyones' ideas :)

Mine is about global warming in Unova. I imagine that hundreds of years before Black and White, the climate of Unova was much colder. This is mentioned in Striaton City, as the city description says it used to have a snowy climate. So I thought that the desert on Route 4 would have had a Mediterranean climate, suitable for the Relic Castle civilization to flourish. Then, for some reason, the climate began to heat up and Route 4 slowly became a desert. This would explain why the Relic Castle civilization failed because the people wouldn't be able to grow crops and survive and so they would either migrate to cooler areas or die.
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Twenty years ago from the plot of B2W2

Ghetsis, Juniper, Colress, and Fennel all went to the same school - Unova Science University.

Ghetsis is the oldest and probably would've already gotten his degree and was working as an assistant prof by the time Colress entered the school. Juniper and Fennel are friends, so they'd be around the same age, probably juniors or so. Colress and Fennel would've known each other from a class or two since they're both interested in subconsciousness of pokemon (potential power & dream power).

And this was probably just before N was born.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe that all Dittos are failed attempts to make Mewtwo...

...that's about all the headcanons I've got...
    SobriquetP likes this.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I don't really truly had any, but I do pretend some stuff. Here's one I can think of right now:

Kyogre and Groudon use to be a couple, but they broke up and now when they meet they just end up having this big and sorta childish argument that I guess no one can stop but Rayquaza. When Kyogre and Groundon argue, they both get so mad that the world is in danger and stuff. :P

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by RemainsToLinger View Post
    ...I have enough to write a book, and if I ever got off my butt and wrote I'd be a fanfiction writer.
    This, pretty much, except for the fanfic part (I've got an incredibly stupid bone to pick with fanfics). There's just too much headcanon I have with this series.

Probably my most notable one is Johto and Kanto are separate, with their own separate leagues.

Another one is that every Pokemon introduced in a certain region is exclusive to that region, even if it has an evolution or pre-evolution in another region.

Blog Entries

The abyssal ruins contain the legendary dragon that N would come to own and the hero associated with it. Evidence: symbols on the bottom floor that switch between Black and White.

Goldenrod city is a crime center. Evidence: The cops. Why are there some cops looking out for criminals only in this city? Why not in other places in Johto, or for that matter, cities in any other region? Why does the Dept. Store elevator lady only allow to the bottom floor if you tell her to (as if it were a password), and say it is "off limits to customers" (aren't you one?) Why does it lead to a Rocket Base? Why does the Goldenrod Tunnel lead to that? Why does the bike salesman say his bikes aren't selling well, yet he has very few? I mean, all the bikes from the Kanto store were moved there. Why does no one call the cops on you when you are disguised as a Rocket Grunt? Why does the photo guy even have Rocket uniform?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Gerbil View Post
    This is an interesting thread, I like reading everyones' ideas :)

Mine is about global warming in Unova. I imagine that hundreds of years before Black and White, the climate of Unova was much colder. This is mentioned in Striaton City, as the city description says it used to have a snowy climate. So I thought that the desert on Route 4 would have had a Mediterranean climate, suitable for the Relic Castle civilization to flourish. Then, for some reason, the climate began to heat up and Route 4 slowly became a desert. This would explain why the Relic Castle civilization failed because the people wouldn't be able to grow crops and survive and so they would either migrate to cooler areas or die.
    Ah, and the warming caused glaciers to melt and flood Undella Bay!
    SirOni, Ambipom666 and Phoenixon like this.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

Ooh, yes, I never thought of that :D Totally makes sense of what happened to the Abyssal Ruins city.
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Barry and his father Palmer are descendants of The Flash Barry Allen. Barry was so named after his ancestor due to his burgeoning metahuman speed, and can even outrun a garchomp when he becomes an adult

Dragonites are kryptonian beasts leftover from New Krypton/Kandor

N is the great great great grandson of Animal Man
    Chibisyko likes this.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-Ho-oh passed over Agate Village just as Rui was born, giving her the ability to see Shadow Pokemon.

-Elgyem and Beheeyem created Klink, Klang, and Klinklang to be used for scouting for life on other planets 102 years ago (as of B2W2). When they found out there was life, they decided to head to Earth to greet the dominant inhabitants, humans, and become friends with them. However, they crashed into the desert, killing all of the Beheeyem, and the surviving Elgyem headed to Celestial Tower to mourn their parents' deaths.

-Cynthia and Cyrus were born on the same day.

-Flocessy Ranch used to have Miltank and Tauros, but no one bought their meat or milk. Hence, a few were given to the Driftveil City Marketplace, while all of the others were shipped to Kanto and Johto.

-Most rivals, if not all of them, have GAD (General Anxiety Disorder, where you constantly feel anxious no matter how relaxing your situation is). This would explain why Blue is mean to Red (uses the latter as an outlet), Silver wants power and dominance, Wally seems so sickly, Brendan and May act so nice, Barry is hyper, Cheren, Bianca, and N constantly struggle to achieve their goals (perhaps pressured into pleasing everyone else), and Hugh has a bit of an anger problem and obsesses over finding Purrloin.

-Misdreavus are given stolen necklaces from their mothers.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast