What is your favourite region? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What is your favourite region?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

7 10.77%
  • Johto

12 18.46%
  • Hoenn

10 15.38%
  • Sinnoh

18 27.69%
  • Unova

12 18.46%
  • I like all of them equally. :P

6 9.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite region?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What is your favourite region?

Johto because it was the first region I explored, gold being my first game. I love the locations and the music, especially mt silver and cianwood city. HGSS made me love johto even more.
    Claims: Lapras, Waterfall, Chlorophyll, Moon Ball, Old Sea Map
    Knuckles the Echidna, Penta Penguin, Escape from the City, Rainbow Cloud

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    the emerald region, whatever that one is.
    That would be the Hoenn region, my good sir/ma'am. I like that region too. It had awesome secret bases compared to the Sinnoh ones, because you can't have a tree house underground. (but then again, digging and playing capture-the-flag was awesome too) I also just like the landscape and stuff. But I like the Johto and Kanto starters better. :P Hmm...I can't decide, so I'll just vote all. lol
    Last edited by Vanillish Twilight; 5th October 2012 at 06:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

1.) Unova, because of the beautiful environments and high technology.
    Plus, most of my favorites may be found there.

2.) Sinnoh, because it is region with a cold weather, lots of beautiful places and nice musical themes.
    And with lots of interesting Pokémon too.

3.) Hoenn, needless to explain, Hoenn is just plain beautiful...
    But since I am considering an obviously hypothetic situation where I would live in these regions and Hoenn is a tropical region, I definitely wouldn't want to live in there.

4.) Kanto is also pretty nice, but it would suck to live in there without my favorite monsters...

5.) Johto... Meh. xD

Let's make this showy Captain Marvelous's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    the emerald region, whatever that one is.
    That would be the Hoenn region, my good sir/ma'am. I like that region too. It had awesome secret bases compared to the Sinnoh ones, because you can't have a tree house underground. (but then again, digging and playing capture-the-flag was awesome too) I also just like the landscape and stuff. But I like the Johto and Kanto starters better. :P Hmm...I can't decide, so I'll just vote all. lol
    Thank you ma'am i love it for all the reason you said + the storyline of emerald was the most epic ever.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    @sonic10158;: Ha, your list is pretty much mine, but in the reverse order.
    lol. Just keep in mind, Sinnoh may be the last on my list, but I still really like it. I just like the others a bit more.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Chiss on Facebook

I'm tied between Hoenn and Sinnoh, but because I've never personally owned a Sinnoh game I picked Hoenn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Charizards Burn on Facebook
    Follow Charizards Burn on Tumblr Visit Charizards Burn's Youtube Channel

Its gotta be Kanto, its the original & the best. It is closely followed by Johto and then Sinnoh. Both of these were quite enjoyable also!
    << Credit goes to Felly For This Awesome Banner!

White 2 Friend Code: 0004 4607 7479 (Zaine)

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine was hoenn, Because it was my first game. Funny thing is, I dont really remember much of it. My favorite place when I was little must of been that fishing bridge, Because thats the only bit I remember XD

Unova coming in at a close second
    Then Kanto
    Then Johto
    Then Sinnoh at last. I liked it, But I've played it Way..... Toooo.... Much... ¬.¬ Stupid addicting platinum XD
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)

Post Thanks / Like

Sinnoh. I loved the story, loved the Pokémon, and it was were my journey as a Pokémon trainer began. Together, my Pokémon and I not only conquered the powerful eight gym leaders and explored an amazing world, we also fought and defeated Cyrus and his Team Galactic, added the mythical Giratina to our team, sought out and deciphered ruins, and eventually came face to face with the champion, Cynthia, in a battle. No other region gave me a feeling like Sinnoh did.

Kanto was good, a great start to Pokémon, but the overall storyline kind of bored me. What exactly was Giovanni even trying to do?.....
    Johto was awesome, but again kind of lacking in story details. I don't understand what you did to summon Lugia and Ho-Oh.
    Hoenn had a great storyline, but wasn't exactly very memorable.
    Unova the original seriously bored me with its excuse for an afterstory. It earned the wall of shame.
    Black 2's Unova was great, but I still found Pokémon too easy to level up.

Nope Setra's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr

My favorite is Sinnoh. It's just so diverse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine would be Sinnoh. I don't know why really.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Unova is my region of choice. 50% of my favorite Pokemon are native to Unova. Also love the way its like. Lots of small little towns, actual bridge with vehicles moving around, two large cities - something other games lacked. Roxie's band (in Black 2) I love her music, I could be there for hours and never get bored.

Rest of the regions:
    • 01 - Unova - read above
    • 02 - Sinnoh - the other 30% of my favorite Pokemon are native to Sinnoh
    • 03 - Hoenn - lots of places to explore, just too much water, too much Tentacool, annoying to travel
    • 04 - Kanto - the original region, I know my way around Kanto, nothing special to explore anymore, I just like to catch Meowth thats all
    • 05 - Johto - like Kanto, I know my way around various places (played Gold on emulator) - last due to Johto having the least number of Pokemon I like only 1% (I only like Furret from Johto area - no new PokeCats where introduced in the region either)
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    -
    FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    My Original Team - Pokemon Y - IGN Maria
    Delphox - shiny Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Johto, which I blame on nostalgia, due to it being the first game I really understood. (Yellow confused me a lot as a child) But HG really did remind me of why I loved it so much. Yeah, it maybe didn't have a major story, but so? Gives more time to appreciate being a regular trainer in the game. I also liked all the areas in the game, especially Mt Silver, which offered the first post game boss battle. (Short of using a cheat to face Oak in the previous gen)

Though after that is Sinnoh. I love the setup of the region, the music, the story, the Pokemon. It just had a lot to offer.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hoenn and Unova. Both are complete opposites, but work perfectly in their respective ways.
    Hoenn is big. Possibly the biggest, tied likely with B2W2 Unova. It has the most variety, and has a certain finesse when it comes to fitting things together, with background and what not. The way every environ has believable Pokemon is great, and as far as the plot areas go, some of the best are here. Mount pyre, mirage tower, and sky pillar were all great dungeons, and I still love the magma/aqua base. The route music is also easily my most remembered, they NAILED IT when it comes to giving us an amazing experience exploring the region.Route 111, Not to mention, it has 1 of the best Victory Roads, tied with Unova's. The music there is stellar however, and I doubt GF will ever top it. I literally pray that it does come to the 3DS, as its the region that needs it the most. One complaint I do have with it is that the routes are a bit straight foward for my liking. Which is why....
    I also love1 Unova. Good lord does it offer the best non-linearity in the games. Almost every single route is built with both a straight-forward story path, and an off the beaten path exploration area, and the balance is amazing. I honestly wonder some times how in the hell did GF manage to do something which should unfortunately have glaringly obvious flaws and pull it off in the way they did. The pinwheel forest route, route 4, route 7, route 22/23 are the most obvious examples. with that last one being such a fun experience. I hope they continue with it, cause it leaves room for the more casual players to breeze through the game with minimal stress, leaving the more time consuming players to get their exploration kicks.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Post Thanks / Like

Shinnoh is my favorite. If I were to ever live in Japan, I'd want to live in Hokkaido, and since Shinnoh is based off of Hokkaido, AND it snows there, it is my favorite region.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast