What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon - Page 5
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by GorgeousTaylor View Post
    LOL, if this thread had a poll, Chimchar would win "least favorite", hands down.
    I present:

Chikorita.png">

Chimchar's probably a solid second place though.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite? Torchic. Just look at how small is it! It's adorable. It's a pretty good fighter, too, and was a refreshing change from most of the other starters I choose, yet it works with my playing style.
    And Blaziken is awesome.
    Can't say much about the line itself though. They are cute and cool designs, and I like how the martial artist deal is portrayed with them... Though that's about it.

Least favorite... Mudkip. By far. I just dislike everything about it. I can see things that I like, or I understand how can they be likeable in other pokemon that aren't my thing, such as Infernape's line. But not with Mudkip.
    And this is without taking into account the stupid meme.

[/overexposition]

My favorite is definetly Bulbasaur. It was the first pokemon I ever had and was one of the main reasons pokemon interested me so much~! I just love the thing.

Least favorite I haven't really thought about, Chikorita definetly comes to mind. That being said I never really cared for Torchic's family line either. But at the end of the day I'd have to say Mudkip unfortunately takes that title simply due to the "so I herd you likez mudkipz" junk that flows around. It was neutral to me at first, but now just thinking about it gets on my nerves.
    FC: 3825 9998 1805

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I will always love my Turtwig :) So many turtles around. :P Pretty handy to keep it around for most situations, too. He's the everyman :)

I don't like Chikorita to be honest :( I think it's just a bit too difficult for me to use as I don't really make good use of walls and stuff.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Favourite: Chimchar, Chikorita, Mudkip or Cyndaquil. (I can't pick just one)

Least favourite: Squirtle.

Favorite: The Squirtle line. Gotta love those cannons.

Least favorite: I must be honest, I hope I don't offend anyone here, but Bulbasaur's line. Guess what? Their type advantage and Venusaur's tree dinosaur design is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixleplex View Post
    But at the end of the day I'd have to say Mudkip unfortunately takes that title simply due to the "so I herd you likez mudkipz" junk that flows around. It was neutral to me at first, but now just thinking about it gets on my nerves.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I hate that so much. Nintendo should sue whoever came up with that for ruining Mudkip's reputation. All my negative feelings for Mudkip probably come from that single quote / story.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixleplex View Post
    But at the end of the day I'd have to say Mudkip unfortunately takes that title simply due to the "so I herd you likez mudkipz" junk that flows around. It was neutral to me at first, but now just thinking about it gets on my nerves.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I hate that so much. Nintendo should sue whoever came up with that for ruining Mudkip's reputation. All my negative feelings for Mudkip probably come from that single quote / story.
    I actually adore Mudkip, because:
    1) It looks beautiful and glossy and demure.
    2) I really like the Mudkip character in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon storyline.
    3) That meme doesn't bother me so much, because it kind of makes sense. Unlike... certain OTHER video game memes...

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Favourites: Well, it has to be Torchic, Piplup and Tepig for me. I loved their evolution lines, and their designs to boot- conveying raw power in a beautiful style, to me. In my team, they've never let me down, I suppose.
    Least Favourite: Well, it is more the starter that I never really consider; and that would be Totodile. His design (and his evolution line's designs) doesn't appeal to me as such.
    "Calculated tactics, mental strength, accurate judgment, and being blessed with gorgeous looks! The person who has all of these is...!"

Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Totodile's forever my undeniable favorite.

Although I dislike the design of the Hoenn starters equally, I haven't much experience playing with them. But I have with Piplup, and damn what a low that was.

I have to say, my favourite is Charmander, and has been since Gen 1. I'm just a sucker for dragon based mons.

My least favourite has to be Oshawott. I'm sorry, something about his whole line just bothers me. It's probably hi¡ow the last evolution looks, I hate its design

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    And all the hype about Charizard is very dumb, why people don't praise Venusaur and Blastoise too?
    Maybe it's because Charizard has higher base stats than the other two? Or it might be left over feelings from the card game (base set)... he had the highest possible HP (at the time 120 was the highest) and he could do 100 damage in one hit (which could instantly kill nearly any other card, including Blastoise / Venusaur) and only one card (Blastoise) was capable of killing Charizard in one hit (or 2 cards if you count Gastly).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Maybe it's because Charizard has higher base stats than the other two? Or it might be left over feelings from the card game (base set)... he had the highest possible HP (at the time 120 was the highest) and he could do 100 damage in one hit (which could instantly kill nearly any other card, including Blastoise / Venusaur) and only one card (Blastoise) was capable of killing Charizard in one hit (or 2 cards if you count Gastly).
    Base Stat Total is meaningless. Base stat distribution counts for more. Just look at Scizor, Breloom, Ferrothorn or even Venusaur for examples of Pokemon that have lower BSTs than Charizard and yet are in a higher tier. Of course, there are many other variables that apply as well, but these variables do more to hurt Charizard than help him.

For example, Venusaur has Drought Ninetales, a Dream World ability that boosts its okay speed to blistering levels, Growth to boost his okay offenses to truly dangerous levels and the necessary typing to absorb Toxic Spikes. Charizard has Solar Power which, while strong, cuts its survivability, its not quite fast enough for OU and has no way of boosting that speed (unless you want to use DD and give up your Solar Power and...good luck with that,) and it has a 4x Stealth Rock weakness that severely limits the times it can switch in and cuts its already shitty survivability even further.

I can't argue about the card game though.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Favourite: Chimchar- plain awesome
    Least favourite: Tepig- a fire pig? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite2!! View Post
    Favourite: Chimchar- plain awesome
    Least favourite: Tepig- a fire pig? I don't think so.
    Don't ya just hate how many fire fighting types there are

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast