What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon - Page 4

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Favourite: Turtwig. So cute, and it's evolved form has an awesome design both visually and conceptually, plus a neat dual typing.

Least Favourite: Individually, it's Oshawott without a doubt. It looks like something a whale barfed up, and is really annoying in the anime (though it's evolved forms are my favourite Water starters). As for whole lines, I'd have to say the Charmander family. Overrated as hell, and horrible in battle.

Favorite:
    Torchic. Originally I would have said Squirtle, because I absolutely adore that line, but after DW Blaziken was released it just increased my love for the kung fu chicken even more. He looks awesome and (at the time) had a unique typing (not so much anymore)... Definitely one of the coolest Pokemon out there.

Least Favorite:
    I don't like any of the Sinnoh starters. Sorry, I just don't. It was my least favorite gen. But if I had to pick, it would be Turtwig. Torterra is pretty cool, but all the others outshine it by a mile in my opinion. It just seems somewhat dull to me. I don't like Tepig that much either.

Favourite: It would be Snivy... but it and its evolutions suffer from horrid movepools and that seriously hinders their capabilities.
    I don't really have a favourite starter... although it's probably Oshawott. It's cute and frankly Samurott looks badass.

Least: Chimchar. I've never particularly liked this line. In stats and types they feel like clones of Torchic's line. I
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

in G1: fav. i can't choose between Bulbasaur or Charmander, FUUUU-
    least fav. Squirtle, i'm sorry i just don't want a blue turtle creature follwing me around. when i took the quiz in mystery dungeon and i got you, i screamed HELL NO! and restarted the quiz.
    G2: fav. Cyndaquil, least fav. Totodile
    G3: fav. all of them XD
    G4: fav. Piplup, least fav. Chimchar
    G5: fav. Oshawott, least fav. Tepig (i thought it was cute at first and i was about to choose it, but then i saw it's evolutions) *Exalibur reaction face*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oshascott View Post
    In stats and types they feel like clones of Torchic's line. I
    But the stats are totally different. Blaziken has mediocre speed, decent defenses, and excellent attack stats. Infernape has mediocre defenses, decent attack stats, and excellent speed.

My favorite starter is Treecko. I picked it in Ruby, which was the first game I ever played.

Least favorite is probably Piplup. It's just never stood out to me in any way.

Blog Entries

Favorite: Tie between Bulbasaur and Squirtle. All three stages of both are well-designed, and I enjoy using them more than any of the other starters.
    Least favorite: Chimchar. See what I wrote above? The opposite applies here. Though, special mention goes out to Charizard for being my least favorite Pokemon out of all of the starters and their evolutions.

most Favorite Treecko because it becomes Sceptile

least Favorite Chikorita

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

My favorite: Typlosion (Just LOOK AT IT!)

Least fav: Meganium (Looks lame and its a mono grass without the speed that Sceptile has and the movepool of serperior)

Blog Entries

Favorite: Serperior. Honestly, I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I never had problems with it in battle. Then again, I'm not a competitive battler. And I absolutely love its design.

Least favorite: Infernape. Chimchar is cute, but it's way too fragile, and I don't really like Infernape's design.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

My favorite is the Oshawott line. I like the design of all of them, and my Samurott turned out to be pretty good. It withstood a dragon gem outrage from a Garchomp and then turned around and OHKO'd it with Ice Beam on random matchup.

My least favorite is Meganium. I'm not a fan of it's design at all. I don't know how well it does in battle because I've never wanted to have one.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    *raises hand* Ooh, me, pick me, pick me! I hate Charizard. With a passion. A deep, deep passion that burns with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!!!!
    Same here. I also hate Charizard with a passion, though I hate Blaziken more.

I'm sad to see I'm the only person who likes Chimchar and its evolutions. ;_;
    Hey, I like Chimchar! It's freaking adorable! :hugs her fire monkey:

Favorite Starter: Chimchar. I love it and its evolutions, even though I'm not overly fond of monkeys. It's completely adorable and an absolute killer. It also has one of the cutest first stage evolutions I've ever seen. (Monferno is so insanely cute!)
    Honorable Mentions: Bulbasaur and Oshawott. Both are awesome and I love them, but not quite as much as Chimchar.

Least Favorite Starter: Charmander. I think of it as overrated and worse, the show completely ruined its evolutions for me. I can't use the blast thing because I see it as an ungrateful, lazy and very spoiled brat.
    Dishonorable Mention: Piplup. I don't find it very cute and I've never warmed up to it.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Fav- Chicorita
    Non- Piplup

I'm an Electric Type Gym Leader, challengers welcome!

Fav- Bulbasaur
    Least- Turtwig
    White FC = 3139 - 1506 - 4691

LOL, if this thread had a poll, Chimchar would win "least favorite", hands down.

I like the starters less and less each generation (with a lot of exceptions though). My favourite would probably be Cyndaquil. My least favourite would be Torchick... I mean, it's some stupid baby chicken that's obviously a pushover... I mean you could kill by stepping on it (no other starters are that weak). And it grows up to be this atrocious beast that looks almost human, like someone wearing feathery clothes or something. I don't like the concept of it at all, not to mention the look.
    Also, is it just me or does it seem like the starters are losing originality? I'm not talking about their evolutions, but the starters themselves -- the silhouette of Oshawott looks a lot like Piplup, the silhouette of Snivy looks somewhat like Treecko, and the silhouette of Tepig... well, doesn't look that much like anyone, but it has some slight resemblance to Cyndaquil.

Oh, and that's all based on looks. On how good they are, I don't know. I don't battle a lot of people in person, but in-game all I really need to do is teach it a really strong move and it usually just kills everyone in like one hit so none of them are noticeably better or worse. Except in Black my Serperior isn't as good as the rest... his best move is that move that lowers his Special so once he uses it he become incredibly weak.
    Last edited by Xenidal; 22nd March 2012 at 11:12 PM.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast