What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon - Page 17
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Follow PikaPixel On Twitter
    Follow PikaPixel on Tumblr Visit PikaPixel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

My fav is Totodile, no doubts. He's so cute, and powerful. Also his evo's are badass. ;D

Lest fav... um... a tie between Charmander and Turtwig. Charmander is far too over rated, and Turtwig couldn't even get me past the first gym in Gen 4.
    ღJhotoღ

ღPokeShippingღContestShippingღ

So, per generation, my preferences are:

Gen I
    Favourite: Charmander. Overrated, I know, but I still think it's a great design. I love both of its evolutions, too, so this was an easy one.

Least favourite: Squirtle. Okay, this wasn't so easy. Squirtle itself isn't bad at all, and I love Wartortle, but I really don't like Blastoise. The cannons make it look really ugly in my opinion, and it faces a lot of competition from the others.

Gen II.
    Favourite: Cyndaquill. Cyndaquill's really cute. Had to say it. Also it's on fire, which is a plus. I prefer Quilava over Typhlosion, though.

Least favourite: Chikorita. This was a tough one, since I like all of these starters. In terms of play-style, Chikorita won, but overall, I guess it couldn't beat Totodile. I like crocodiles.

Gen III.
    Favourite: Treecko. I'll confess: I've never actually played Gen III, so I don't have any experience of using any of these. But still, Treecko looks pretty neat. And what can top a gecko?

Least favourite: Mudkip. What even is this thing? A fish? Some unidentified swamp creature? The latter, I think. Mudkip comes pretty low in my choice of starters. And also I hate fighting Swampert, so I have grudges against this thing, too.

Gen IV
    Favourite: Chimchar. Not really a fan of any of this generation's starters, but I guess Chimchar topped the others. I generally don't like monkeys, but Infernape's okay, I guess. It's certainly useful in battle, so that improves its spot.

Least favourite: Piplup. I'll admit it - I do seriously like the first two pokemon in its line. But then Empoleon drops it to last place just by itself. It's partly a matter of expectations - I liked Piplup and Prinplup, but Empoleon just looked... ruined. I can't stand its design, and I think it's a total let-down for the others, which makes it last.

Gen V
    Favourite: Snivy. The only starter of this generation I liked, and possibly my favourite starter of all. I love the concept behind this, and it looks great. In terms of gameplay, it doesn't let me down either, as it's also the only Gen V starter I found especially useful. My overall favourite starter.

Least favourite: Tepig. The typing was a disappointment, since we'd just had two other fire/fighting types. Furthermore, I don't really like the designs of any of its line.

I'll also do this by generation. * is for my least and most favorite overall.

Generation I
    Least Favorite - Squirtle. It and Wartortle, as mentioned by the poster above who seems to share very similar opinions, are all right. But I'm not too fond of Blastoise. In general, I'm not really fond of many Water starters anyway. Tends to be the type I most ignore in starters. It has a decent design, but I'm just kinda meh about it in comparison to Venusaur and Charizard.

Favorite - Charmander. Even though I always use the Grass starter, the design is bitching and it makes sense why it's overrated. Also, Charizard has a good variety of moves and is pretty decent in battle. And it got the best Mega of the Kanto starters. I am rather fond of dragonlike.

Generation II

Least Favorite - It's difficult to choose. Johto's the only Generation where I like ALL of them. But if I had to choose, I'd say Totodile. It's just the least appealing to me. Feraligatr is bulky and not really all that appealing to me in design aesthetic. Still awesome and all, but yeah. Least appealing in looks, and also, it's a Water-type starter. So I'd probably not really choose it in most circumstances anyway.

Favorite - Cyndaquil. It's a cute fiery mammal. I prefer Quilava to Typhlosion, but it's still nice-looking and appeals to me quite a bit.

Generation III

Least Favorite - Mudkip. Meh about the first one, don't like Marshtomp and Swampert. I especially dislike Swampert. With its bug eyes and just... unappealing design... it's really just no to me. The blues on it are just too similar as well and don't contrast enough. Too dark of a blue with this light generic aquatic blue. It's not all that subtle and screams LOOK AT ME I'M A WATER TYPE.

Favorite - Treeko. Mostly due to my love of Grovyle from PMD2, and its awesome design. I don't like Sceptile as much, but I still like it as well. They're cool-designed Pokemon and have a nice variety of moves from what I remember.

Generation IV

Least Favorite - All of them, to be honest. @_@ I'm not fond of this Generation in the slightest in terms of starters. I'd have to say that my least favorite is the Piplup line. Due to Dawn's Piplup being SUPER annoying, first off. Second, I dislike Piplup's design and kinda want to punch it in the face. Thirdly, Empoleon's not really anything special to me. It just is kind of meh and suffers from being two dark colors that don't contrast enough... and also, why is it even a Steel-type? Makes no sense. Probably my least favorite in general of ALL the starters.*

Favorite - Turtwig. It is the most subtle of the three, and even though it's still meh, I'm okay with Torterra. I even think Turtwig itself is kinda cute.

Generation V

Least Favorite - Tepig, as expected. I'm not too fond of pigs, first off. But secondly, it has such a nice design in its first evolution... that gets wasted on Pignite and Emboar. And the whole "Just another Fire/Fighting" type thing is very irritating as well. Especially since its design is inferior to both Blaziken and Infernape. It's just fat and ugly. Though a good point about it: its colors are nice. I like the black, orange, and yellow, and the tones of it.

Favorite - Snivy. It's one of the most awesome designs and one of my favorites. (Although not my most favorite.) It looks like something I'd design. And it only gets better as it evolves. Serperior is epic and so graceful-looking. Very subtle and beautiful colors, as well as patterns.

Generation VI

Least Favorite - Froakie. It may evolve into the awesome Frogadier, but again, Water starter (which again, I'm not all that fond of them) and way more better options out there. Also, frogs aren't something I'm in love with. And I don't like Froakie's design in general. Too childish with massive eyes. Though the clouds are pretty awesome.

Favorite - FENNEKIN.* Oh my God, FENNEKIN. Braixen is my favorite Pokemon of all time now, regardless of what it evolves into. (Which I really hope will be awesome.) It's just... perfect in every way for my Pokesona and just for me in general. A possible witch fox canine Fire-type? Great! I like the stick Braixen holds as well. A very interesting concept like a staff. It is bipedal as well, and kinda furryish, which is cool in my book. And the colors are nice and subtle. Also, I like its ear floofs and its skirt. It looks so feminine, beautiful and graceful... man, I totally would love to be one of those. *_*

I'm split on them... Piplup is my favorite first stage Starter, while Samurott is my favorite final stage starter.

My least favorite, Tepig's evolutions. Just really overdone and not appealing at all. Such a shame, Tepig is pretty cute itself.
    ~~

Favorite: Totodile. It looks awesome from the beginning.
    Least Favorite: Chikorita. Nothing in the whole line looks remotely threatening at all. Useless in first 2 Johto Gyms, also.

☆ Bulbapedia has a walkthrough project! Spread the love! ☆

My personal favorite, Chimchar. I mean come on! It's a flaming monkey! It's just fun to say. That and Infernape is one of my favorite Pokemon from any generation! My least favorite has to be Chikorita. It looks like a fruit.

Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

Gen I
    Favourite: Bulbasaur! My absolute favorite out of ALL starters!

Least favourite: I'd have to say Squirtle, but i still really like him too!

Gen II.
    Favourite: Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is absolutely adorable! Just love how cute he is in the beginning and how badass he becomes in the end.

Least favourite: Totodile, even though i really like Totodile as well. Often used Totodile in m G/S/C playthroughs.

Gen III.
    Favourite: Treecko. Definitely reminds me of a Pokemon that could assassinate people if he wanted to, haha. He looks ferocious.

Least favourite: Mudkip. Bad design overall, all the way up to Swampert.

Gen IV
    Favourite: Chimchar. Fire monkey, awesome. Enough said abou that.

Least favourite: Piplup. I don't like Empoleon. Just seems weird to me.

Gen V
    Favourite: Snivy looks amazing! Even though i've wanted his last evolution to be different, i still really like Snivy.

Least Favourite: Oshawott. I just did not use him a lot during my playthroughs. I always picked Tepig over Oshawott and Snivy.
    Last edited by Harubi; 1st October 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Favorite: Charmander

Least favorite: Chikorita

Favorite : Squirtle. Love Blastoise, and can't wait to use Mega Blastoise
    Least Favorite: Tepig. All of his evolutions are horrible to me

Visit Jyros22's Youtube Channel

My favorite is definitely Charmander. It was my first ever, and the fact that it turns into a fire-breathing dragon made it that much cooler. It has always been my most reliable starter, and will be even more with its mega Y form. My least favorite is probably Tepig. Yes, it is mildly cute, but another Fire Fighting type was overkill. It wasnt even fast enough to be a good sweeper, and it was way too easy to take down in the game.
    jyros

Typhlosion is my favorite, maybe because it was my first pokemon and I only trained him since I had no idea of what I was doing

My least favorite is piplup :I
    Free-noschooldays galore :D

My favourite will always be Bulbasaur, he has the coolest design, best evolutions, cool mega, and he's number one!

and then of course, my least favourite is Snivy, poor design, the first time I saw him he looked like a child's drawing and I couldn't conceptualize a 3d version of him because he just looked flat...

[/URL]

My favorite is Charmander, 'cause fire dragon. :P

My least favorite is Chikorita, I find it cute, but IDK, I'm just not drawn so much towards it :/
    3DS Friend Code: 2036 - 7953 - 3202
    3DS Name: Edson
    FS Pokemon: Spearow, Tranquill, Rufflet.
    Feel free to add me, and if you do so PM me.

Kanto:
    Favorite- Squirtle. I've always loved the water starters and I think Squirtle is just adorable.
    Least favorite- Bulbasaur, mainly because move wise in the games it doesn't earn many good ones compared to Charmander or Squirtle's lines. Plus I'm not really a huge fan of Grass types.

Johto:
    Favorite- Cyndaquil, though it's not fair for me to judge since I've only battled with him and I haven't gotten a chance to pick Totodile in a game yet.
    Least- Chikorita. Same reason as Bulbasaur.

Hoenn:
    Favorite: Torchic. Yes Blaziken is overrated but it did help me out tons in Emerald.
    Least: Mudkip. This is the only gen where the water starter is my least favorite. I just don't find Swampert to be as powerful as some of the other water starters.

Sinnoh:
    Favorite: Piplup, hands down. I love penguins and Empoleon kicked butt for me. Granted I did overlevel the hell out of it but still ^^'
    Least: Turtwig. Same as Bulbasaur and Chikorita. Plus I'm not a big fan of the heavy/slow starters.

Unova:
    Favorite: Oshawott. I just love its entire line.
    Least: Tepig. I tried battling with Emboar and I just didn't like him. I even restarted my game to pick a different starter because I just didn't like Emboar.

Kalos:
    Favorite: Froakie. Greninja is my ace. <3
    Least: Chespin, same as Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Turtwig.

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Cilan View Post
    Kanto:
    Favorite- Squirtle. I've always loved the water starters and I think Squirtle is just adorable.
    Least favorite- Bulbasaur, mainly because move wise in the games it doesn't earn many good ones compared to Charmander or Squirtle's lines. Plus I'm not really a huge fan of Grass types.

Johto:
    Favorite- Cyndaquil, though it's not fair for me to judge since I've only battled with him and I haven't gotten a chance to pick Totodile in a game yet.
    Least- Chikorita. Same reason as Bulbasaur.

Hoenn:
    Favorite: Torchic. Yes Blaziken is overrated but it did help me out tons in Emerald.
    Least: Mudkip. This is the only gen where the water starter is my least favorite. I just don't find Swampert to be as powerful as some of the other water starters.

Sinnoh:
    Favorite: Piplup, hands down. I love penguins and Empoleon kicked butt for me. Granted I did overlevel the hell out of it but still ^^'
    Least: Turtwig. Same as Bulbasaur and Chikorita. Plus I'm not a big fan of the heavy/slow starters.

Unova:
    Favorite: Oshawott. I just love its entire line.
    Least: Tepig. I tried battling with Emboar and I just didn't like him. I even restarted my game to pick a different starter because I just didn't like Emboar.

Kalos:
    Favorite: Froakie. Greninja is my ace. <3
    Least: Chespin, same as Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Turtwig.
    Wow, Cilan...you pretty much have the same exact thoughts as I do here. Word for word. O_O

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast