What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon - Page 12

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Default Re: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Oh, favorite. Not sure I can pick just one, but a couple tops are Treecko and Snivy. I'm okay with the other grass starters, except for Chikorita. Only good one from Gen 2 was Cyndaquil. I like the Gen 3, okay with Gen 1, not a big fan of Gen 4, and Gen 5 is everywhere (Snivy=yes; Oshowatt=it's fine; Tepig=no)

Bottoms: Chikorita, Totodile, Tepig. Not much to say, just a lack of appeal here for me.

Blog Entries

My favorite would have to be Turtwig, closely followed by Torchic. Turtwig looks okay, Grotle isn't...good, but Torterra is amazing. Who wouldn't want a giant turtle with a whole ecosystem on its back? And it's one of the few grass starters that can give AND take a hit.

My least favorite would have to be Totodile, followed by Chimchar (because I didn't like monkeys.) Totodile is alright and has the usual stats. Croconaw, however, looks awesome, with the perfect color mixture. What makes me dislike them though? Feraligator. He just looks rediculous and has one color. Blue. Just blue. I'd rather keep Croconaw.

Honorable Mention: Tepig because Emboar's species name is the "Mega Fire Pig Pokémon."

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

Faves for each Gen: Gen 1: Charmander line; Gen 2: Cyndaquil line; Gen 3: Torchic (because Blaziekin was my first Lv 100 ever, rest it's poor soul;) Gen 4: Piplup line; Gen 5: Snivy line (my first Lv 100 in Gen 5) ; Gen 6: Fennekin (even if it's evos will be Fire-Fighting)

Least faves for each Gen: Gen 1: (I know I'll get some hate mail for this) Bulbasaur line; Gen 2: Totodile line; Gen 3: Treecko line; Gen 4: Torterra line; Gen 5: Tepig line; Gen 6: Froakie (in my opinion THE UGLIEST POKEMON EVER)
    Bulbagarden Battle leauge Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!) and temporary Bug Gym leader.

Claims:Zorua, Naght daze and Stance change.

Favorite: Mudkip - my first starter ever and still the best. Amazing typing after evolving, great original design, good movepool, well rounded stats, etc. The Best evar!
    Least favorite: Chikorita - I think it's the only starter I've never used for very long in some fashion. It just sucks.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's hard to pick a favorite. I would say Chespin, but I haven't used it yet. I guess my least favorites (flame shield up) are Charmander, Cyndaquil, Chimchar, Snivy, and Tepig. And yes, I LOVE Chikorita.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Add Moonsorrow on Facebook

my favorites are the grass starters, including Chespin, but my top are Turtwig and Bulbasaur, while least favorites are Piplup and Tepig

My favorite starter is Torchic because it was my first Pokemon (PMD), its cute, and (might)evolve into the only non-legendary uber, except Excadrill. My least favoite is tepig becuase its really fat, especially its evolutions

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My favourite is Squirtle, has been for years. It's also my all time favourite Pokemon, my no. 1 Pokemon since R/B.

Whilst I don't particularly like any of the fith gen starters, I like Tepig the least. Don't like his design, his typing or his evos.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

With the introduction of the new Gen, I've decided to add a bit more to my previous post about this. Chart time!

Gen 1: Bulbasaur (fave), Squirtle (least) (reason: boring designs, and... cannons? We're not Digimon here, ya know!)(Charmander is neutral for me. Charizard is overrated, but I'm a sucker for dragons, so he's middle-ground)
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil (fave), Chikorita/Totodile (least) (reason: lame designs, lame attacks, not really very useful)
    Gen 3: Torchic/Treecko (fave), Mudkip (least) (reason: the meme, a 4x weakness to one type, and just plain odd-looking)
    Gen 4: Turtwig/Chimchar (fave), Piplup (least) (reason: while great typing, it was horrible, and very difficult to use, got it's clock cleaned more times than I'd rather admit)
    Gen 5: Tepig (fave), Snivy/Oshawott (least) (reason: anime wrecked Oshawott, very meh moves, somewhat limited use, but designs were okay)
    Gen 6: Fennekin (fave), Chespin (least) (Note that since this gen isn't out yet, this is just an initial feeling, I'll make a more sound judgement when we get more info on them)

That about sums up everything. Notice how in every Gen, the Fire-type was either a favorite or neutral to me? Guess I just love Fire-types (though I love Ice-types more). But if I had to pick three top favorites and three least favorites they would be this:

Top Faves: Torchic, Turtwig, Chimchar
    Top Dislikes: Chikorita, Totodile, Piplup

That should wrap up my end. Once I get more info on the new Starters, it might change later.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

It's a tough choice for my favorite, but for now I'll go with Snivy and its line. I like their designs (especially the the first and last), and their personalities. Can't speak about battles, though, since I haven't really used them much.

My least favorites are probably Squirtle's line, Chickorita's line, and Tepig's line. I don't hate them, but if I had to choose, it'd be those guys.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favourite starter is Totodile because it is cute, funny in the anime and it was my first pokemon in my first pokemon game. Other starters I like are Squirtle, Oshawott, Chespin, Tepig, Piplup and Froakie. Turtwig is okay and Torterra are badass.
    The worst starter is Fennekin because of it looks so boring. We had foxes before and Fennekin looks like Zorua in a different color. There is just one more starter I dislike and that is Torchic. It looks weak and boring. Treeko, Mudkip, Snivy, Chimchar, Bulbasaur and Charmander are okay. Treeko, Charmander and Chimchar are here because the anime overrated them and their lines so much!
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Gen 1: Charmander = Fave. First Pokemon ever, badass evolution. Bulbasaur = Least Fave. I love bulbasaur but he's just least fave out of the Kanto bunch..
    Gen 2: Totodile/Cyndaquil = Fave. Love them equally. I've never used a Chikorita...
    Gen 3: Torchic is cool. Others r k.
    Gen 4: Empoleon is amazing however I dislike piplup. But I like Empoleon much more than Infernape. Torterra comes second.
    Gen 5: I really don't like these but Serperior is just superior to the others. Emboar is hideous.
    Gen 5: Can't say until I see the evo's, Fennekin is current favorite.

Overall Favorite: Charmander, Totodile, Snivy.
    Least Favorite: Treeko, Tepig, Oshawott.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Gen 1: Favorite: Squirtle because it's so cute and it's evolved forms are cool. Least/Neutral: Bulbasaur: Has a lot of weaknesses. I still like it though.
    Gen 2:Favorite:Chikorita: I loved the species since I first saw it on t.v. as a child. Not to mention it's adorable. Least/Neutral: Cyndaquil: I like Cyndaquil, but I like Totodile more if for no other reason other that it's a water-type, which is my fave. Plus I like Totodile's final form more than Cyndaquil's.
    Gen 3: Favorite: Treecko: It and its evolutions are totally badass. Least/Neutral: Mudkip. It's cute and all, but that double weakness to grass when it evolves really kills it. Plus Torchic's final form is as badass and Treecko's.
    Gen 4: Favorite: Chimchar: adorable and badass final form. Least/Neutral: Turtwig: Not as cute as the others, slow, and has a major double weakness as Torterra.
    Gen 5: Favorite: Oshawott: adorable and has cool badass final form. Least: Tepig: Not even a neutral. Being the 3rd fire/fighting-type in a row was really lame. Plus it's final forms aren't even cool looking to make up for that.

Based solely on the aesthetics of the starter's initial form, I would have to say:

Favorite: Treecko or Snivy
    Least favorite: Chikorita

Going by the aesthetics of their final forms, though:
    Favorites: Charizard, Sceptile, and Infernape
    Least Favorites: Blaziken. Also Meganium, Swampert, and to an extent Emboar.

. . . Wow. I am totally bipolar when it comes to Hoenn.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite: Squirtle.
    Least Favorite: A tie between any of the Gen IV starters.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast