What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Default Re: What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Favorite: Totodile, I've grown very attached to it during my C/SS/Colloseum runs and I also love the design of the line. After it would be the Oshawott and Charmander lines.

Least favorite: Mudkip, I didn't like the design of the line and while it was useful I never really grew attached to it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Top 3 Favourite: Treecko, Squirtle, Bulbasaur.
    least Favourite: Tepig.
    N is finished yet.

my favorites are: Snivy, Oshawott, Chimchar, all three of Hoenn, Cyndaquil, and none for gen I

my least faves: Chikorita and Tepig

Fav: The Cyndaquil evolutionary line. On the first pokemon game i played where i actually had a choice for what pokemon i wanted i chose Cyndaquil. i was on pokemon crystal and i spent 5 minutes just thinking about who i wanted. and i am glad for my choice. i never named my Cyndaquil but if i was to name her now (which i still can but don't really want to) i would name her Piper. mainly because i liked her cry. she really used her voice. my cyndaquil was a boss. I could get through almost anything (except for my rival's Totodile). she became an amazing Quilava and soon a BOSS Typhlosion whom i taught Thunderpunch and was finally able to get back at that Ferraligator. I beat Red with Typhlosion alone. i also love all the gen 1 starters. they all turn into bosses

least fav: well Chikorita is a little too defensive for my test but that isn't my least fav. when i make this rating i am going by the whole evo line itself. so my choice is Tepig. The truth is i like Tepig himself but he turns into something..... i don't thing Pignite and Emboar are ugly i just don't think Tepig should have turned into that. he should have remained more pig-like. i know he is supposed to represent a boar but i just really don't like that Tepig turned into that. plus it was a fire-fighting which got old. so that is why i chose Tepig. you were an awesome pokemon Tepig... before you evolved.
    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I like most of the starters, but my favorite lines would be a three way tie with the Charmander, Cyndaquil and Totodile lines. I just really like Charmander's design and its evolutions as well, even though I agree that Charizard is overrated and they aren't that powerful despite the hype. Cyndaquil was my first Pokemon, so I have a bit of a bias in that regard, but I loved traveling through Johto with it and its so cute throughout its evolutions as well. Totodile is so adorable and its evolved forms are great too.

Least favorite would probably be Chikorita. It never appealed to me design wise and the times I have tried it out, it has been pretty bad. As disappointing as Snivy turned out to be in terms of its strength in battle for me, at least it has a cool design and good evolutions.

Favorite: Chimchar. He is awesome in-game till Crasher Wake and he evolves at lv.14, soon enough to use Monferno's Fire and Fighting to abuse Roark's Onix. Also Infernape is very fast ( fastest fighting type) and he has amazing attack stats. It was hard though, Cyndaquil was my first (unless you count TCG, in which case it would be Charmander) My Typhlosion was a boss, using Flamethrower on anything. He even got Cut to work as a battle move. I always pick fire because of him.
    Least Favorite: For the most part of Johto Chickorita is completely useless. Hand me a Typlosion any day ( or even an Ampharos).
    Last edited by james.mathis.144; 21st May 2013 at 12:37 AM.

Favorite: Charmander! I have no clue why but I have always loved Charmanders and fire-types in general. Plus, Charmanders are so cute!

Least Favorite: Chimchar, mainly because it's based off a monkey and I absoulutley hate monkeys!

My favorite starter would have to be Snivy. In fact, Serperior is my favorite Pokemon of all time so it makes sense that Snivy would be my favorite starter.
    Ok, now it's time to reveal my least favorite starter Pokemon: Tepig. Chimchar is in a close second place though. I don't know what it is but I really don't care for the fire starters that eventually evolve into fire/fighting Pokemon.

Blog Entries

My favourite in terms of usefulness in the games would probably go to one of the Sinnoh starters. All five generations of starters are incredibly useful though, but I found the Sinnoh starters to be great and easy to use, especially when they all are nicely dual-typed and primarily offensive.

But my overall favourite is Serperior. I love its design and everything about it. Sure it has some movepool issues and its stats are a little unorthadox which means you have to use it differently, but I just find it perfect for some reason.

Least favourite is probably going to be either Blastoise or Blaziken. Blastoise because the cannons really just irk me that much (if the cannons had been fused with the shell to look less "man-made" and more "natural" I'd probably like it more). Blaziken is just... ugly, and ruins Torchic and Combusken for me. It's way too human-like for my liking, something a little more chicken would have been fine with me. But I really can't deny that Blaziken is incredibly useful in-game though.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Favourite: Torchic

Least: Unova starters. Pick one. Anyone.

Blog Entries

Favorites: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar

Least Favorites: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Turtwig

It is a tough decision between Charmander and Totodile. I like to take into account both first stages and final forms when I talk about starters, especially the final forms since they will be the definitive appearence of my starter when I finish training them. There are few that look good in both, but Charmander and Totodile are adorable in base form and incredibly fearsome and good-looking when they reach their last stages.

When it comes to my least favorites it becomes a debate between Chikorita and Tepig. I consider the former too simple in all its forms (with the sole exception of its middle stage) and the latter, despite its promising first form, becomes absolutely ugly when it evolves into Emboar and the fact it is the third Fire/Fighting in a row doesn't help to build a signature for this starter.

Blog Entries
    Add Pokemoll on Facebook

For my favourites, I'd probably say all of the Kanto starters, especially Bulbasaur because it was my first ever Pokemon, and one of my favourites to date. On top of that, I adore Ivysaur and Venasaur, because their movepools are pretty interesting and they're relatively sturdy Pokemon. Although I love Squirtle and Charmander, I loathe their evolutions, so they're pretty much out. Apart from that, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Mudkip, Piplup, Turtwig, and Tepig are some of my favourite starters.

As for least favourites, I have lots. I despise both Torchic and Treecko, though I'm not entirely sure why. I might just be biased to Mudkip I guess, but their designs are just pretty boring to me. I also dislike Chimchar, because although its evolutions are useful, the anime version of Chimchar made me hate Chimchar on a whole. Lastly, Snivy. God I hate that thing. It looks ... stuck up. And it's really overrated, in my opinion.

It's really not easy to pick a favourite. If I had to pick one I'd say Treecko. I think it's pretty cool, even though Sceptile looks kinda weird. I loved its personality in the anime, and it's my favourite grass type pokemon. Grovyle looks awesome.

My least favourite would be Turtwig or Totodile. I never liked Turtwig. I don't like any of its evolutions either. It's ugly and kinda boring tbh. Totodile is also just boring to me. It's just a blue crocodile, nothing special.

Favorite(s): Piplup, Cyndaquil, Treecko

Least fav(s): All of the Gen 5 starters

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast