What will you miss about Generation 5? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What will you miss about Generation 5?

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

Default Re: What will you miss about Generation 5?

COLRESS.

SO MUCH COLRESS.

I don't know why I got so attached to Colress when pretty much everyone else is fawning over N or Cheren. I just really loved the way he was written, the way he talked, the way he battled. I'll miss him a lot in Gen 6. Maybe he'll make a reappearance, maybe not. If so, yay. If not, oh well. Some things happen for the best. ALSO FANFICTION IS FOREVAH

I will also miss sprites terribly. I just can't picture a main-series Pokemon without the sprites, I really can't. Yet, it's happening, and it's looking good. I'm so proud of this little video game <3

Also, so many Gen V Pokemon, like Serperior, Krookodile, Chandelure, Lilligant, Braviary, Archeops, Haxure, Druddigon and other Unova guys...Gah, I hope at least some of them are available there!

And Hilda. HILDA. JUST HILDA, MAN. SO GLORIOUS.
    ShinySceptile1 and Yato like this.

Blog Entries

I'm going to miss Small Court and Big Stadium. I thought the idea of professional sports in the pokemon world was neat for some reason.

I am excited for Gen VI because I do feel that the jump in graphic quality from Gen IV to Gen V was pretty extreme (not to mention the constant motion of pokemon in battle) and this is about to be another jump in graphics from 2D to 3D. The only thing is, is the focus on graphics/animation going to be too much, and the storyline will not be as strong as Gen V? That is what I am afraid of.

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    COLRESS.

SO MUCH COLRESS.

I don't know why I got so attached to Colress when pretty much everyone else is fawning over N or Cheren. I just really loved the way he was written, the way he talked, the way he battled. I'll miss him a lot in Gen 6. Maybe he'll make a reappearance, maybe not. If so, yay. If not, oh well. Some things happen for the best. ALSO FANFICTION IS FOREVAH
    COLRESS!! It's not just his Internet Explorer hair that made me attached to him XDD the way he stalked me everywhere I just personally like him and his "it's for science" way of thinking. I'm really going to miss him if he doesn't appear.

Still, I got a teensy bit of hope that he might make a cameo in Gen 6 - being related to science and all. Besides, he said he didn't decide what he wanted to do after disbanding Team Plasma. They probably won't leave him standing on the Plasma Frigate forever... maybe? XDD

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    COLRESS.

SO MUCH COLRESS.

COLRESS!! It's not just his Internet Explorer hair that made me attached to him XDD the way he stalked me everywhere I just personally like him and his "it's for science" way of thinking. I'm really going to miss him if he doesn't appear.

Still, I got a teensy bit of hope that he might make a cameo in Gen 6 - being related to science and all. Besides, he said he didn't decide what he wanted to do after disbanding Team Plasma. They probably won't leave him standing on the Plasma Frigate forever... maybe? XDD
    I want the next game to be completely based around the mystery of his hair. Maybe the new evil team can be called Team Gel and want to capture him for experiments, but he's like: LOLnope and he runs off and you meet him, and you become his bodyguard and...

I should just stick to writing fanfiction and not plots for games. But I agree, it would nice to see him get a cameo in the game, even if it's a really small one. I'll miss him far too much if he doesn't appear.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Another thing I'll miss is the DS, as much as I'm ready to move onto the 3DS there will still be parts of me when I'm playing X & Y that will miss the BW style graphics and playing on a DS Lite.

Visit SparkStatic's Youtube Channel

I'm going to miss the games being on DS instead of 3DS, but mostly I regret not having Gen 3 remakes...

I know it's common to hear, but I like gen 3
    mostly aggron...it's so AWESOME

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll miss Gen V as a whole because it's what got me back into the Pokemon fandom.

When this gen was announced, I hadn't played since Crystal, but occasionally dropped by some Pokemon sites and Youtube videos just to see how the generations updated. I always liked Pokemon, but looked at it as a fond junior high memory and didn't have the time or money to put into Gens III or IV (I was also mad that Gen II and III were incompatible, which is what turned me off from the franchise for a while.)

Then sometime in 2010, I was reading a high schoolmate's Facebook page and a friend posted the reveal of Zorua and Zoroark on his wall. Like a rubbernecker driving past a car accident, I was interested to see what the heck they were adding. Then I found out that BW were going to be more story intensive and a fresh restart. This is what made me think "I should play the games instead of lurk on Youtube". That made me look at HGSS, which had been out for a little while. I bought a used DS Lite and HeartGold to romp through Johto and Kanto once more before BW came out. Then I got Black on launch day and the rest was history. (Even though I played HG first, I credit Gen V for bringing me back because I otherwise wouldn't have considered playing the games again.)

Some specific things I'll miss:

-N. Just N. I would have never expected Game Freak to make such a deep, developed character. As a socially awkward animal-loving nerd, N is the Pokemon character I can relate to the most, personality-wise. I really hope he cameos in future generations, hopefully his BW2 dialogue is a sign. I'm also mesmerised by his fast dialogue text.

-Unova. Being from NJ/ the NYC metro area, I thought it was awesome to have a Pokemon region based on the area near where I was born/ raised. (hence my username)

-Bianca and Cheren. They were also well-developed and I loved going through two journeys and two stories with them around.

-The music. N's Farewell, Route 10, Lentimas, Driftveil, N's Castle, Iris's Champion theme, Alder's encounter theme, Reversal Mountain, the vocal songs... The soundtrack has nowhere to go but up!

-Elesa's BW2 Gym. So cool.

-The Unova Gym Leaders. Hooray for a deeper story getting them more involved. (Memory Link helped many of them too.) Besides Cheren, there were plenty of others who were great. Burgh. Clay. Lenora. Roxie. Skyla. Marlon. Elesa. I felt for most of them at one point or another.

-The sports stadiums. Please tell me Gen VI will have a similar level grinding area.

-And yes, the sprites. We're all used to them. I'm glad the 3D battle scenes still have that cartoony look.

(but I won't miss the pixelated back sprites that I felt were a step back from Gen IV)
    Yato and Hitomi like this.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Ghetsis was always there for a good laugh. It was fun seeing him give N a breakdown. Ghetsis was a really cool guy, and I'll miss him.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

I loved how well the battles flowed and looked good at the same time.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

-The sprites. Sure the 3D's gonna rock in gen 6, but the sprites. So happy to have bought B2, more then ever.
    -The damn medals. Sure it was introduced in B2W2, but the medals where the best thing to happen to the series. Hopefully they're carried over in a more refined way.
    -Unova. Something bout the region, it just warms up to you. I dunno if its the fact that the music is different for every town/city, the phenomenal gyms, or the massive explorable routes off the beaten path, but its so god damn beautiful. Lacks variety, but it has so much more the other games don't offer.

Unova as a whole. This place was... it was really great. I... really liked it. Castelia City, Opelucid City, Village Bridge, Undella Bay... THE MARINE TUBE. Some really great locations.

The music. The music here was very... nice. The music is actually a part of what made me love the above locations so much (White's Opelucid music and Undella's Winter/Fall/Spring, for those specific locations). Plus, the Credits music for BW was INCREDIBLE.

The story... specifically, BW's story. Supposedly, the previous games haven't had very good stories ( I've actually played very few Pokemon games so far ;.; ), but BW's (and BW2's, albeit to a lesser extent?) story was pretty good. Truth and ideals, separation of Pokemon and humans, and how Pokemon actually mean a whole lot to people...

The characters. I... really liked the characters. Bianca and Cheren... I loved how close they were with the BW protag. N was a very deep character, and Ghetsis was well done, too, with just how much he manipulated N... also, I have to agree with a couple of others... I'LL MISS COLRESS TOO.;.; (...and Hilda. And Rosa.)

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I guess the whole feel of the generation, for me it all felt fresh and new, compared to other generations. (Not that I hate other generations)

Blog Entries

I'm gonna miss the plot the most.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234