What will you miss about Generation 5? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What will you miss about Generation 5?

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What will you miss about Generation 5?

- Elesa.

- The Ferris Wheel and its weird dialogs.

- BACKGROUND MUSIC, for heaven's sake. Specially Village Bridge, Black City, Dreamyard. And Relic Song. And Roxie and Elesa's Gyms. I hope Gen VI's soundtrack keeps up the music.

- Elesa.

- The Musical... haha, no.

- N, though for some reason I think he will appear in Gen VI, so I don't really know if I have to miss him or not.

- Did I mention Elesa?

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    - Elesa.

- BACKGROUND MUSIC, for heaven's sake. Specially Village Bridge, Black City, Dreamyard. And Relic Song. And Roxie and Elesa's Gyms. I hope Gen VI's soundtrack keeps up the music.

- Elesa.

- N, though for some reason I think he will appear in Gen VI, so I don't really know if I have to miss him or not.

- Did I mention Elesa?
    Oh wow. You reminded me of something I won't miss. Okay, so I won't really miss Elesa--or those rodents of hers--but I'll miss a lot of the other stuff. The battles in front of the Ferris Wheel, the music...oh dear Primus, the BGM! The music was gorgeous this gen and I'll really miss that.

I'll also miss the Dragonspiral Tower as well. Though I did have to force myself to not go in there after a bit. (I can run from Druddigon and Mienfoo but I can never leave a Golett behind. I am so pathetic like that.)

And I will really miss those Musicals. To me, that was part of the bonding process I had with some of my Golett and Golurk refugees: they had to take part in a Musical. It was so much fun to dress them up and make them dance. Ah, the memories of Stardom and watching my Riser show off...
    ShinySceptile1 likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

I'm going to miss the sprites in general. I mean the 3D Pokemon we're converting to are fantastic, but the sprites are so simple and so classic.

Pwnt by Elite Four..again Beefaice's Avatar

Not much, honestly. Gen V was my least favorite generation. I liked BW2, cause they added some older gen Pokemon into the game, but the reason I played both of them the amount I did was for the story, and cause I love Pokemon. I will miss N and all the characters. I will most of all miss sprites. :(
    Last edited by Beefaice; 9th January 2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Soul Silver FC: 3352 6827 0855.

I need fraaans. XD

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As it is my favorite generation, I am going to miss generation five as a whole. It left me with such a rich, innovative, and wonderful experience that it gives me a reason to stay with Pokemon for years to come. I will bid a tearful farewell to this generation, and hope that Pokemon X and Y will mark another strong beginning for the series.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll miss everything. Mostly N and Colress. *Shot multiple times* Seriously, though, with the sixth gen. coming out, I'm rather saddened about the loss of sprites. I love them. ^^
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

Team Plasma and Ghetsis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    - Elesa.

- Elesa.

- Did I mention Elesa?
    Oh yeah, the music ;__; Route 10 will forever be one of my favorite Pokémon tunes, even if it was a short route that only appeared in one game.

And don't worry. I'll miss Elesa too. She was the coolest Gym Leader in Gen 5.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I'm going to miss a BUNCH of Gen 5!!

The music. Achroma. N. Team Plasma. Hugh. N. Achroma. Cheren. Cheren. Achroma. N. Hugh. Elesa's gym. Curtis. Cilan. Achroma. N. Roxie. Achroma. Pokewood. N. Battle Subway. Achroma...

Pretty much everything.

"GEN I was SO MUCH BETTER than Gen V!"

"It's an Ice-Cream cone! How creative! Gen V sucks!"

Need I say more?

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

One thing I will miss about Generation 5 is the pre-release marketing period. Those days were a blast, because every new information was something to be excited about. Zoroark's silhouette? Exciting. Starter reveal? Was a blast. First batch of Pokemon? Awesome. Generation 5 brought a lot of promise, because we didn't have Generation 5 info that predates its trickle period (Generation 4 had Lucario and Munchlax, Generation 3 had Blaziken, Generation 2 had Ho-oh), besides Zorua and Zoroark. Even then, it was just a short period.

Finding information about the new Pokemon was also very exciting. It was that time we found out that Darmanitan had a gigantic Attack stat and good Speed, Ferrothorn is bulky and slow (which painted the picture that it is better than Forretress and Skarmory due to the Special Defence), Cofagrigus has a huge Defence, Serperior had a unique stat spread, and Genesect had base 99 Speed. We also found out the Dream World abilities and players were eager to try out some of the improvements, including but not limited to Blaziken's Speed Boost, Politoed's Drizzle, Ditto's Impostor and Chandelure's Shadow Tag. That novelty wore off, but the new stuff that churned out was a big thing back then.

Regarding the main material, there is also something that makes it feel great. Music, Gym battles, Elite Four battles and even the story. Now, I never played the sequels, so I might not feel like it's over already, but I imagine if I do, then I would feel like it's too short because it felt like it came and went.

Generation 5 felt like a rush of excitement, and when Generation 6 was announced, I had the same feeling when Generation 5 was first introduced. It felt like euphoria.

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The characters, I guess, since they had great personalites (hell yeah Colress). But I think we have a chance to see them again, and I'm excited to meet to new characters. B&W didn't give all that much to the series as a whole, besides the characters and the Pokémon. At first I wasn't ready to move on, but reflecting back...I'm ready to leave Unova.
    ShinySceptile1 and Yato like this.

Blog Entries

N, for sure. I loved his story and personality and whenever he showed up I just felt this happiness. One of the few characters in a Pokemon game I've really connected with.
    I have a strong feeling though he will come back, much like Cynthia. They both seem to travel a lot so I don't see why not.

Something I won't miss though is the sprites. The moving sprites in BW was a sensation at first, but when I look at them now I just feel they are very stiff, limited and sometimes just down right bad. They needed to go imo. Hello 3D models!
    ShinySceptile1 and Yato like this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Hmm...I'd have to say Castelia City and the Unova starters...
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I won't really miss Generation V that much. Maybe because I didn't enjoyed it completely, as I felt that this generation went too fast in comparison to Generation IV which I felt it was going to last forever. I still like that region. I loved the story, specially B2/W2. It's much deeper than the one from the other games. Here's my final review of this Generation:
    I'll start with the games' music. Overall, I think that the music in this generation was good, but many tracks aren't great. Village Bridge is my favourite of the entire generation, and one of my favourites of all the franchise. Unova's music can't beat Johto and Hoenn's music, which in my opinion are the best. I didn't liked that the music changed when your Pokémon's HP was in red, nor that it changed when you were battling a Gym Leader's last Pokémon. Also, I like the Trainer music, but I didn't like the sudden change near the end of the song, so while it was good, I won't really miss that one. And the Reshiram/Zekrom theme sounded like a remixed route theme rather than a battle theme to my ears.
    I didn't really liked this generation's Pokémon. And I'm not the kind of people who just like old Pokémon. I didn't liked that they created some Pokémon that were supposed to in some way replace older Pokémon from past generation. Woobat is a copy of Zubat, Roggenrola is a bad try at doing another Geodude, Purrloin looks almost the same as a Glameow and Liepard it's just too much like Persian. Klink is like this gen.'s new Magnemite and Foongus is the new Voltorb in some way... and that list can continue for long. Also, some Pokémon are pretty odd and seem very artificial (they look more like objects than like Pokémon). My least liked Pokémon is Cofagrigus. It's just a sarcophagus with arms and eyes! And Vanillite is an ice cream cone!! And don't get me started with Litwick's evolutionary family... Also, Emolga and Alomomola could have been evolutions of Pachirisu and Luvdisc respectively.
    The region itself however, was very beautiful, and it was truly different. Castelia was very well made, and it's pretty unique among other large cities in other regions. A little too futuristic in my opinion, but it had very gorgeous routes and bridges. I hope that the new region will be even better.
    I liked this generation. It could have been better though. It had a lot of potential.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast