What updates do you want in the current battling system?

View Poll Results: Do you want changes?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What updates do you want in the current battling system?

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What updates do you want in the current battling system?

Self explanatory. Would you you like anything changed in the current battling system? When I say battling system, I am talking stuff like having 4 moves, concept of evs, ivs, weather and stuff like that. Do you want any of it changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What updates do you want in the current battling system?

Yes, but VERY MINOR changes. Basically, the only thing I would change, is in a battle, to show on the HUB...

• Show how many lairs of Spikes are up.
    • Show how many lairs of Toxic Spikes are up.
    • Show if Stealth Rocks are up or not.
    • Show the status contitions of Pokemon that are switched out. On the little Pokeballs on the bottom screen representing your opponents Pokemon, if a Pokemon was burned, the Pokeball would be red, if poisoned, the Pokeball would be purple, if paralized, the Pokeball would be yellow, and if asleep, would be gray.

Basically stuff like that. I wouln't change the move system, ability system, any system for that matter, I would refuse to change. I don't really know about the showing of IVs and EVs. I might be ok if there was some person you can go to and say, "Your Pokemon looks really strong!" if you have alot of EVs in Atk. Mabey for IVs a bit more telling then the Judge, saying, "Your Pokemon has alot of stamina and strength! It doesn't seem to be that smart or have alot of wisdom though." First two are HP (stamina) and Atk (strengh). The second two are Sp. Atk (smart) and Sp. Def (wisdom).

What do you think of my ideas?
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I would nerf stealth rocks so that it takes two turns to fully set up. Like if one layer is set up it would only do 50% damage, so that Charizard, for example, would only lose 25% of it's health, not 50%. And either expand Rapid Spin's distribution, or make an exact copy of it but for another type. I could see a flying move working in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I would nerf stealth rocks so that it takes two turns to fully set up. Like if one layer is set up it would only do 50% damage, so that Charizard, for example, would only lose 25% of it's health, not 50%. And either expand Rapid Spin's distribution, or make an exact copy of it but for another type. I could see a flying move working in that regard.
    Moves like Gust and Twister should carry that effect. Very few Pokemon I actually like carry Rapid Spin. (Sandslash > Excadrill :P)

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I can see where people are coming from with the entry hazard issues, but they aren't likely to get changed because tiers aren't official competitive battling. If they allowed more than 4 moves, Pokemon with access to many types of moves would be competely unstoppable (*coughMewtwocough*). Now that I understand EVs and IVs, I love them the way they are. I also don't want to learn them all over again.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I wish they had more effect with the weather. I mean, when you're catching the Kami Trio, you're usually in a storm. I found it weird for the battle field to just pour rain. It would be pretty cool if lightning occasionally struck, with a chance (50% maybe) of lowering the battlers accuracy. Or added paraysis. And of course, it will not have effect on Ground-types.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    I wish they had more effect with the weather. I mean, when you're catching the Kami Trio, you're usually in a storm. I found it weird for the battle field to just pour rain. It would be pretty cool if lightning occasionally struck, with a chance (50% maybe) of lowering the battlers accuracy. Or added paraysis. And of course, it will not have effect on Ground-types.
    I like this. I mean, as a detail it would be very, very cool. I would really deliver the feeling that a storm is occurring. I don't like the accuracy-lowering part, though. We already have fog for that!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I like this. I mean, as a detail it would be very, very cool. It would really deliver the feeling that a storm is occurring. I don't like the accuracy-lowering part, though. We already have fog for that!
    Then maybe lightning causing paralysis would be okay?? XDD I don't want the battlers to suddenly get OHKO'd by the lightning in rainy weather because that would be unfair.

Also, since summer weathers are extremely hot, how about scorching rays caused by Sunny Day in effect in Summer season? Like, in other seasons, Sunny Day will serve its usual purpose, but in the Summer season, it gets extremely hot and every once in a while the battlers have a 50% chance of getting burns. I mean, in real life, we get burns when the sun is too strong.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

Don't hate me, but I actually want more than 4 moves available. I don't know if the game becomes unbalanced, or some mons become undefeatable, but I feel around 6 moves would be cool.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I like this. I mean, as a detail it would be very, very cool. It would really deliver the feeling that a storm is occurring. I don't like the accuracy-lowering part, though. We already have fog for that!
    Then maybe lightning causing paralysis would be okay?? XDD I don't want the battlers to suddenly get OHKO'd by the lightning in rainy weather because that would be unfair.

Also, since summer weathers are extremely hot, how about scorching rays caused by Sunny Day in effect in Summer season? Like, in other seasons, Sunny Day will serve its usual purpose, but in the Summer season, it gets extremely hot and every once in a while the battlers have a 50% chance of getting burns. I mean, in real life, we get burns when the sun is too strong.
    Hmm... I think rain and sun should be left just as special effects in the background, with their effects of improving Water and Fire attacks. The status ailments should be left for the moves. :)

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Continent Turtle View Post
    Don't hate me, but I actually want more than 4 moves available. I don't know if the game becomes unbalanced, or some mons become undefeatable, but I feel around 6 moves would be cool.
    Having 6 moves can be simply devastating! The word 4-move slot syndrome would simply disappear. I would say grass, psychic, etc. types would benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

I wouldn't change much, I would rather refine it. For example, show how many Pokemon are left on the opponents team... Did they do that in previous generations? And also, make pokemon react to the move being used, for example, a Pokemon using Scratch would run up and scratch the foe. Just ideas though.
    -('3')-

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Give me ATB's from Final Fantasy, or something similar. Turn based is fine and all, but at least give us turnbased battles that don't include waiting.

C-3

An option that can allow us to dodge any of the opponent's attacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C-3 View Post
    An option that can allow us to dodge any of the opponent's attacks.
    You mean Detect?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast