What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 7

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

When my starpulsar dragon goes to the graveyard...Oh shit wrong forums!
    MegaCharr likes this.

Follow Jenni on Tumblr

Hm, a couple things... interesting features in one gen that seam to disappear later on... gen 1 to gen 2 saw the safari zone close (I am VERY happy that it came back for gen 3), Gen 3 to gen 4 lost the pageant things, and the berry mixing stuff which, admittedly, wasn't my favourite part of Ruby/Sapphire but it was fun to play around with. Things like that annoy me.

I really dislike a lot of the HMs, I don't mind having things be required to progress in the game... but the HMs are so annoying to deal with, it's not like it's something as small as taking up an inventory slot for a key item, but for the HMs I need to almost always have one of my main 6 sitting in a box while some pitiful lvl 3 slave with a horrible move set takes up the 6th slot, just so I can progress without ruining my actual team. It would be less problematic if the HMs were all good moves - Surf I don't mind since I always use it anyway, Even strength Is bearable on my main team because it's a moderately useful attack, I would prefer body slam but it's not to much of a sacrifice for the convenience... but Fly, waterfall, cut, flash, rock smash.... I never want to keep them on a pokemon by the mid to late game, even just for single player teams.

Well, I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that in the games, it's always the same storyline.

"Get a Pokemon. Take the gym challenge. Become champion. Fill Pokedex. Done game. Repeat."

I don't know, I know that it's how Pokemon games are, but it's kind of depressing...

Another thing that bugs me...

How one version of a game only has so and so Pokemon, but the other version has different Pokemon. If you want to complete the Pokedex, you have to trade with the other version of the game. None of my friends play, and my wifi hotspot cuts out every 20 seconds, so it makes it quite difficult to complete the Pokedex.
    Infinity Mk-II and MegaCharr like this.

Future Frontier Brain

How money is earned in the Pokemon World. I just never quite never wrapped my mind around that idea even as a child. Why would parents give inexperienced trainers (their children) money to go & battle? How many children would come running back home because of all the cash they lost to strong trainers that keep trolling the new kids?

追放されたバカ

The lack of restrooms...WTF do they do? 0.0
    Fallon, Silverwynde, Me! and 1 others like this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Gym leaders spamming full restores

Cloysters and shelders spamming protect

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    The fact that Pokemon names and the like were all in caps used to be this for me, so I'm super glad they've gradually got rid of them.
    Yes I agree, but what really annoyed me was when you transferred your Pokemon from a Gen IV game to B/W with the caps the first time thinking it will adjust accordingly to the new lower-case format only to discover that it doesn't and you can't change the Pokemon's name! >:(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post

everything spamming protect actually.... its annoying enough in competitive battling but in game the protects are just too much!

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post

everything spamming protect actually.... its annoying enough in competitive battling but in game the protects are just too much!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Meditites (can't ever remember how to spell its name) and Medichams spamming Detect also.

detect and protect are cheap ways to battle.
    투 애니원 and Midorikawa like this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

I dislike how the Dream World works in general. It's waaaay to difficult to earn points. I've been playing for forever now and I'm only at 3,720 points. It's ridiculous! I can understand a challenge, but this is just ludicrous. Not to mention tedious.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Blog Entries

"Is there anything else you would like to know?"
    "No that's all thanks"
    "I'm sorry, did you say 'I know absolutely nothing and would love to be taken through the intricacies of the game in fine detail'?"
    "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
    Midorikawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by We'reBlastinOffAgain View Post
    I hate how easy they go on you in gen IV and V.
    Like if you kill a legendary, it'll be back once you beat the Elite Four. Seriously? In Gen I, II, and III, if you killed it, you were DONE. It wasn't coming back. It's called saving before you battle.
    You can't save before battling a random roaming roaring Raikou. :< Roar made them disappear FOREVER. Not to mention searching for them was a matter of luck, and you pray that you don't accidentally knock them out the one turn you have to do damage. Returning legendaries are a BLESSING in Gen 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo94 View Post
    I'm annoyed at that you need an empty slot in the party whenever someone gives you a new Pokemon.
    Lol I was literally just about to post this then you posted it. It seems like a step back. They used to go straight to the PC, now we need to make room for them in the party.
    It's probably a politeness thing. It would be rude to go "lol thanks for the pokemon man" and instantly send it to your PC. That's not the proper way to receive a new pet.
    Owain, Midorikawa and Jacko19863 like this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I hate that the Dream World forces me to wait 24 hours if my DS doesn't connect to WiFi and I need to switch to my other DS (I have about three, so remembering which one goes with which is annoying). Also, I hate how I only have one hour before being forced into 24 hours of waiting to be able to do things. example, I put in my special Zekrom to get the C-Gear skin, only to find out that you have to go through the trouble of going through a mini-game just to get something I should just be given by putting Zekrom to sleep. Unfortunately, I was out of town and the only internet I had was via my iPad until my dad showed up with his laptop, but wouldn't be there for another 2 hours. I had a flash browser, but I literally could not do the game with it. So, instead of being able to do it the way that would make sense, waiting for my dad's laptop and being done in 3 minutes afterwards, no, I had to wait A WHOLE DAY.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The game's introduction. "YES PROFESSOR, WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT POKEMON ARE! JUST GIVE ME MY CHARMANDER!"
    Midorikawa and MegaCharr like this.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

"So mom, yer ok with me going away from home?"

"Yup! Perfecly fine."

*5 Minutes later... You don't want to know...*
    AuraSoul93 likes this.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast