What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 3

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 332
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

  1. #31
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Evolution stones and items being almost non-existant to get in-game instead of being available in stores and someplace like the underground.
    Italy-kun and Midorikawa like this.

  2. #32
    Hero of the mediocore Nt '95 trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Midwest, United States
    Posts
    911
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Search and sorting by No, LVL, Tags, etc would be useful.

  3. #33
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,172
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Not being able to run indoors. Joey never really annoyed me.
    They fixed that with Gen IV and V.
    What, they fixed the fact that you couldn't run indoors, or they fixed the fact that Joey never really annoyed people?

    Either Brendan's hat/abnormal head tumour, or the stupid fishing minigame introduced in Gen III. I just want to fish for a Pokemon, damnit. I don't want to go through a crappy minigame that probably won't work in the first place, thank you.
    Italy-kun likes this.

  4. #34
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Not being able to run indoors. Joey never really annoyed me.
    They fixed that with Gen IV and V.
    What, they fixed the fact that you couldn't run indoors, or they fixed the fact that Joey never really annoyed people?

    Either Brendan's hat/abnormal head tumour, or the stupid fishing minigame introduced in Gen III. I just want to fish for a Pokemon, damnit. I don't want to go through a crappy minigame that probably won't work in the first place, thank you.
    It's a hat... it was comrimed to be a knit hat awhile ago...

    Yeah the fish thing is annoying
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  5. #35
    Fumo Ergo Sum Vhazhiphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    Kind of a silly thing, but for me, it's all the the text you have to go through when healing at a Pokemon Centre. It's not so much that you have to go through the whole thing every time, it just gets annoying when you sometimes hit "A" again after she finishes her little speech!
    This. I love how after you get a certain number of stars on your trainer card in HGSS, Joy just says, "Oh hey, Player! The usual?" But I wish she would cut her speech down after the first time you see her! There's no need to have her repeating herself all the time. We know what she does after the first time.
    Have any of you ever worked in service? You see, very often, there's this little thing called a "greeting" that they force you to repeat with every single incoming customer, until it's ground so hard into your unconscious that you start "greeting" people when you open your front door.

    I'm not annoyed by Joy. I feel sorry for her.

  6. #36
    You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,569
    Blog Entries
    27

    Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    "Do you know how to use the Phone?"
    Yes mom.
    "Well fuck you, I'm going to read the instructions anyway!"
    :\

  7. #37
    User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    330
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    Kind of a silly thing, but for me, it's all the the text you have to go through when healing at a Pokemon Centre. It's not so much that you have to go through the whole thing every time, it just gets annoying when you sometimes hit "A" again after she finishes her little speech!
    This. I love how after you get a certain number of stars on your trainer card in HGSS, Joy just says, "Oh hey, Player! The usual?" But I wish she would cut her speech down after the first time you see her! There's no need to have her repeating herself all the time. We know what she does after the first time.
    Have any of you ever worked in service? You see, very often, there's this little thing called a "greeting" that they force you to repeat with every single incoming customer, until it's ground so hard into your unconscious that you start "greeting" people when you open your front door.

    I'm not annoyed by Joy. I feel sorry for her.
    I do know what greetings are, I'm not dumb. If you didn't notice, the people at the PokeMarts do that, too. The difference is, all the people at the PokeMarts say is "Welcome to the PokeMart, how can I help you?" If they can have short greetings, why can't Joy? From what I've seen, people use the Centers more than the Marts.

  8. #38
    Fumo Ergo Sum Vhazhiphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    I do know what greetings are, I'm not dumb. If you didn't notice, the people at the PokeMarts do that, too. The difference is, all the people at the PokeMarts say is "Welcome to the PokeMart, how can I help you?" If they can have short greetings, why can't Joy? From what I've seen, people use the Centers more than the Marts.
    I never said you were. =(

    And probably because her employers just want it that way. It doesn't matter if you're saying more than is necessary. Even if Joy thinks it's stupid. Even if every single Joy thinks it's a ridiculous waste of time. As long as the boss man wants it, that's what they have to say. They're probably forced to say "We hope to see you again", too, come to think of it.

    Of course, I am working on the assumption that there's more to the Pokemon Center business than what we see in the games.
    Italy-kun and Midorikawa like this.

  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    That Japan has so many Events. Did you know they have Septile, Blaziken, Swampert, Groudon, Kyoger, Shiny Rayquaza, and six other Shiny Pokemon? And that was withen' like the last 6 Months or something! Can you imagion how many Event Pokemon they have distributed so far!?

    I feel discriminated.
    Okay, yeah, this.
    This is the only thing that has actually ticked me off about these games. They have the ability to do worldwide Wi Fi events, but they....choose not to? Wouldn't it be better to just allow us to have all of the same Wi Fi events, and then people would play the games more often? I have a friend who only plays B&W when he wants to have a multiplayer RPG battle (yeah, don't ask) or there's a new event Pokemon, which he then levels up. It would certainly make me play the games more, as I would have more really, really cool Pokemon to level up!
    Pearl Friend Code: 1291 2545 7849
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 0818 8208 1485
    Black Friend Code: 0991 6650 0021

  10. #40
    Registered User Horizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Mistralton Airport
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    I do know what greetings are, I'm not dumb. If you didn't notice, the people at the PokeMarts do that, too. The difference is, all the people at the PokeMarts say is "Welcome to the PokeMart, how can I help you?" If they can have short greetings, why can't Joy? From what I've seen, people use the Centers more than the Marts.
    I never said you were. =(

    And probably because her employers just want it that way. It doesn't matter if you're saying more than is necessary. Even if Joy thinks it's stupid. Even if every single Joy thinks it's a ridiculous waste of time. As long as the boss man wants it, that's what they have to say. They're probably forced to say "We hope to see you again", too, come to think of it.

    Of course, I am working on the assumption that there's more to the Pokemon Center business than what we see in the games.
    I think you just came off as if you though we weren't familiar with a simple concept, but I understand what you're trying to say. I have retail experience, and I can say that when you're saying the same repetitive phrase all day, it sometimes doesn't even sound like English anymore! I bet poor Joy says that whole thing in her sleep every night! :(

    And yeah, the Japan Wi Fi events. That really annoys me, because there really is no reason why they can't let us participate, too. Not sure if it's for the sake of making the Pokemon "rarer" or not, but either way, it's annoying!

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    When you try to hatch a pokemon with a specific nature. Now I have three PC boxes of Torchics
    Silverwynde and rome_raven like this.

  12. #42
    User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    330
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    I do know what greetings are, I'm not dumb. If you didn't notice, the people at the PokeMarts do that, too. The difference is, all the people at the PokeMarts say is "Welcome to the PokeMart, how can I help you?" If they can have short greetings, why can't Joy? From what I've seen, people use the Centers more than the Marts.
    I never said you were. =(

    And probably because her employers just want it that way. It doesn't matter if you're saying more than is necessary. Even if Joy thinks it's stupid. Even if every single Joy thinks it's a ridiculous waste of time. As long as the boss man wants it, that's what they have to say. They're probably forced to say "We hope to see you again", too, come to think of it.

    Of course, I am working on the assumption that there's more to the Pokemon Center business than what we see in the games.
    When you say "there's this little thing called a 'greeting,'" it sounds like you think I don't know what something as basic as a greeting is.

    If there is something "more" to the Pokemon Centers, then why would Joy say to you "Hey player, you want the usual?" after you progress a certain amount in HGSS? She should still say her "greeting," right? Honestly, Joy giving her "greeting" is just from tradition of it happening in other games, but like some old traditions that were broken, I honestly think that Joy's should be, too. I'm not saying get rid of it entirely, just have her say one line instead. It's pointless and bothersome to have her say more.

  13. #43
    Fumo Ergo Sum Vhazhiphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Well, I apologize if I came across that way.

    As for why she talks differently to you, maybe it's because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Joy
    I've seen several Trainers with Violet Trainer Cards up to now...
    But you're the first to top them with that impressive Trainer Card.
    How many trainers do you think pass by a Pokemon Center on any given day? I'd say it's a lot more than just the Player. Enough for her to not know, or care, what any one of the trainers' names are. But once you have that sexy, shiny Gray trainer card, you stand out from the crowd.

    Besides, maybe having 4 stars on your trainer card upgrades you to a VIP account. Notice how she'll stop saying "I'll take your Pokémon for a few seconds" and instead says, "I will be pleased to take your Pokémon for a few seconds." You're special, so she remembers you now, is happy to help you. For all we know, it's still part of her job.
    Italy-kun likes this.

  14. #44
    User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    330
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    Well, I apologize if I came across that way.

    As for why she talks differently to you, maybe it's because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Joy
    I've seen several Trainers with Violet Trainer Cards up to now...
    But you're the first to top them with that impressive Trainer Card.
    How many trainers do you think pass by a Pokemon Center on any given day? I'd say it's a lot more than just the Player. Enough for her to not know, or care, what any one of the trainers' names are. But once you have that sexy, shiny Gray trainer card, you stand out from the crowd.

    Besides, maybe having 4 stars on your trainer card upgrades you to a VIP account. Notice how she'll stop saying "I'll take your Pokémon for a few seconds" and instead says, "I will be pleased to take your Pokémon for a few seconds." You're special, so she remembers you now, is happy to help you. For all we know, it's still part of her job.
    Yes, I did say that it was because of the trainer card upgrade.

    Whether or not the Pokemon Centers are some large organization making money off of who knows what, it doesn't change the fact that Joy's speech is trivial and drives a lot of people crazy. Unless the Pokemon Center decides to go Team Rocket on us and actually have a part in the plot, does her speech matter? Bathrooms and beds are removed from houses for the sake of space--why would something like Joy's speech not be seen as trivial?

  15. #45
    Fumo Ergo Sum Vhazhiphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    I know you did, I was just pointing out how she specifically says you're the first one.

    At any rate, I do agree that it's trivial and can be done away with. I'm just trying to find an in-universe reason for it's existence. I tend to do that.

    And that reminds me I never finished rewriting that Pokemon Evolution paper.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •