What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 22

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Follow theRagingEwok On Twitter

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I BEAT THE FIRST GYM UNTIL I CAN RUN (FireRed)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wc662 View Post
    WILD BIDOOF APPEARED!

"Select Run"

CAN'T ESCAPE!
    Oh heck yeah, this. Yes, I know that my poor sweet Dogū is really slow but cut me a break here!
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    What irks me regarding the fandom is the whining about how there's "too many legendaries, it ruins their value", which, pardon my French, is bullshit. Look at our very own planet, at how many different legends and gods and mythical people there are. All of them still have meaning and people who believe in them, despite the large number of legendaries. Why shouldn't Pokemon have that many? I really don't see how many legendaries "lessens their value". To me, it adds to their value. It adds more of a story and legend to the Pokemon world, especially when they actually DO something and have a legend surrounding them.

I mean, look at the Bird Trio. All that's significant about them is that they're relatively rare and slightly more powerful than regular Pokemon. No legend or backstory. 'Kay. Utterly boring, moving on.

Move ahead 3 generations to the Pixie Trio. Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf are part of a legend, thus it makes sense for them to be called legendary. They created spirit for the Shinnoh region: Mesprit created emotions, Uxie created knowledge, and Azelf created willpower. They are far more significant and better than the Bird Trio could ever hope for.

That's how legendaries become more and more interesting, and way more valuable, the more there are. I love legendary Pokemon, and their value only increases the more legendary Pokemon there are, especially when they all have much more interesting legends than Gen I or II. 5 Legendaries is just too boring; 13 Legendaries is just right. I do admit the types could be varied a bit, but in the end it's not that big a deal. More legendaries is a huge plus in my opinion, and it irritates me SO much how people just whine and complain. Seriously, just think for a few moments.
    I think I like the Legends of the later games more than the ones of Gen I. You really didn't have a true history for the old Legendaries and they were Legends simply because of rarity. However, hearing that Palkia is believed to be the master of space brings the point home that this guy really is special. I have a deeper connection with him than I do with Moltres or Zapdos simply because of that fact.

However, I wish that GF would tone down the number of Dragon type Legendaries. Some variety would be appreciated greatly. Hey, I'm crazy enough to want a pure Ghost type Legend, if you can believe it. (Blast you, you crazy Automatons! Look at what you've done to me...)

It frustrates me to no end when I'm trading and rather than getting the "it went to another Trainer" message, I get a communications error. It's so nice to know I was beaten to the punch by like three seconds.
    And don't get me started on the people who never hit GTS to pick up their trades--there are quite a few Magnemite offerings that have been spoken for but the Trainer hasn't come back to claim anything. Talk about frustrating.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde
    I think I like the Legends of the later games more than the ones of Gen I. You really didn't have a true history for the old Legendaries and they were Legends simply because of rarity. However, hearing that Palkia is believed to be the master of space brings the point home that this guy really is special. I have a deeper connection with him than I do with Moltres or Zapdos simply because of that fact.

However, I wish that GF would tone down the number of Dragon type Legendaries. Some variety would be appreciated greatly. Hey, I'm crazy enough to want a pure Ghost type Legend, if you can believe it. (Blast you, you crazy Automatons! Look at what you've done to me...)
    There's only been 9 Dragon legendaries, though. D: It only feels like a lot because 7 of them have been on the box cover. I think dragons make the most badass legendaries, because, well, they're dragons.

It frustrates me to no end when I'm trading and rather than getting the "it went to another Trainer" message, I get a communications error. It's so nice to know I was beaten to the punch by like three seconds.

And don't get me started on the people who never hit GTS to pick up their trades--there are quite a few Magnemite offerings that have been spoken for but the Trainer hasn't come back to claim anything. Talk about frustrating.
    I feel you on both issues, it's quite maddening, isn't it? D8 Why display it if it's traded and ready to be picked up by the trainer? I've seen SO many shiny and/or nicknamed Pokemon that just lead to "oops sorry it's gone kthxbai". This seriously needs to be fixed in Gen VI.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

I'm fine with the Dragons.. why does nobody complain about Steel... we've got 2 Steel Legends every Gen since III (Jirachi/Registeel, Dialga/Heatran, Genesect,Cobalion) Besides Dragons are SUPPOSED to be Legendary I mean they're DRAGONS!!! meh not near as bad as Psychic (who's nearly DOUBLE the amount of Dragon Legends) but yeah I don't mind Legends if they have an actual sstory... the Bird Trio is pretty boring...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

It's probably been said already, but I dislike having to learn how to catch a pokemon at the beginning of every game. They should put some kind of an option as to whether you want to learn or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SquirtleD View Post
    It's probably been said already, but I dislike having to learn how to catch a pokemon at the beginning of every game. They should put some kind of an option as to whether you want to learn or not.
    Yes this too lol. I want a game continue where you arrive by boat as League Champion (of last game) as oppose some nub who needs to be be shown how to catch a Ratata...

Blog Entries

I think they should definitely add something to turn off "HoW tO uSe a PoKeBaLl?!?!". Also,I think they should add some kind of feature on the pokedex on how to evolve a certain pokemon because newer players won't know how to get an evolution ofa pokemon and end up with level 100 growlithe's and etc. They should also vary the type with thelegenddaries next gen. Maybe poison, ghost, and ground

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

For me, in all the games before Black and White... WHY DO THEY MAKE THE TEXT SO SLOW?!
    But then in BW they made it a little better and sped the fast setting up a bit. Plus they introduced N, who (finally!) actually spoke at the same speed I read. :)

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Hydlide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Nyeh... First official 'Joey' comment! Nyeheheheheheheheheh!

But seriously, what annoys me the most (although, even this doesn't annoy me much) is the fact that the games aren't more like the anime.
    Hey... I giga-disagree here !
    ANIME should be like the GAMES.

And to answer the thread... one thing that is really annoying is the lack of means to raise your Pokemon to level 100 when you have already beaten the league. Why don't they create a League mixed with the Battle Tower ? I mean, you have to win the highest number of battles, opponents are never the same... but you win experience. :)
    You better watch it or the anime might get quite borring...I don't like how battles are set up in the games.

Seriously,I don't want my Pikachu to just sit there and get hit and some fancy math problem disides if my Pikachu can evade the attack...

Ash: Im pumped Paul lets battle..
    Paul: I dont care,im just doing what I learned in this video game called Pokemon Black Version 2
    AsH: Ok! Go Pikachu!! Now use Volt Tackle!
    Paul: You idiot! That's not how it goes! We do rock paper sizors to see who goes first!
    Ash: but but but....
    Paul: And we cant tell our Pokemon to evade attacks eather...
    Ash: But I like telling my Pokemon to evade attacks right Pikachu? What kind of a game is this?!?!
    Paul: You know what...Screw it! Never mind the idea....

What I mean by this Pokemon are suppose to move around in battle,not just stand there and get attacked.....I like some more control of my Pokemon please because Im a Pokemon Trainer after all!
    jokool and YamiiDenryuu like this.

The Male protagonist's in Ruby's Hair. WTFluff is that mess. WHY???? I just..I just don't like it. Same for Misty's latest look.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmayasEve View Post
    The Male protagonist's in Ruby's Hair. WTFluff is that mess. WHY???? I just..I just don't like it.
    That's actually a knit hat. No one knows what his hair actually looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmayasEve View Post
    The Male protagonist's in Ruby's Hair. WTFluff is that mess. WHY???? I just..I just don't like it.
    That's actually a knit hat. No one knows what his hair actually looks like.
    Yeah...It's just why??
    What's wrong with it???

Why in the world does Japan get events, like, daily, and we seldom get anything? Also, it's annoying how they distribute some Pokémon at GameStop, Toys R' Us and such, when in Latin America none of those stores exist (well, I think GameStop does exist in Mexico, but not in Venezuela, which is where I'm from). Seriously, Nintendo does not care about Latin America, nor does Game Freak.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    i think what irks me most is that a lot of the newer games seem to have a lot of features reliant on you having local friends with the new games as well. ever since i moved out of college, i literally have no one local to play with and all i can do is turn my cgear on in the car and hope for passerbys.
    All the more true here - at least I've got a friend which I can schedule up for a meeting and play with the cgear like mad. But other than her, I don't see people playing pokemon ;_;
    Maybr I might get loads of interaction at a pokemon fan event, but that's in the future.

What drives me crazy is that how you have to press the B button when you want to run. In HGSS, that auto-run button was one hell of a B-button-saver but why did they get rid of it;_;?

Follow bubbie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Thepiplupstory View Post
    Also,I think they should add some kind of feature on the pokedex on how to evolve a certain pokemon because newer players won't know how to get an evolution ofa pokemon and end up with level 100 growlithe's and etc.
    actually they fixed this in b2/w2, when you call up prof. juniper in the xtransciever she'll tell you how to evolve the pokemon in your party.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast