What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 21

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Visit wc662's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

WILD BIDOOF APPEARED!

"Select Run"

CAN'T ESCAPE!
    Reynbowz and Silverwynde like this.
    INSANITY ISN'T JUST ACCEPTABLE - IT'S THE NORM

@wc662; o_o Bidoof?! How slow was your Pokemon? Not being able to escape from Zubat or Starly makes sense, they're faster, but Bidoof?!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Visit wc662's Youtube Channel

it's an exaggeration lol, bidoof just seems like the most annoying random encounter since they're EVERYWHERE. Bibarel's have done this to me no lie though, and lead pokemon is usually drifblim and was twice the level
    INSANITY ISN'T JUST ACCEPTABLE - IT'S THE NORM

Follow theRagingEwok On Twitter

The fact that if I enter a building while ON a cycle, I'm not back on a cycle when I exit the building.

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

It doesnt' drive me crazy so much as creep me out, but is anyone else creeped out by the Belle and Pas in DPPt? Re-playing Platinum and they just...disturb me for some reason. They make me think of all those awful country-ass stereotypes 0.0

Blog Entries

Legendaries, there are too many of them, let me go into detail a little.

Gen I: Trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres), One Main Legendary (Mewtwo), One Unobtainable (Mew). Total of five, seriously, this is the best layout they've ever had for legendaries, the trio has been a standard since the beginning, Mew was unobtainable by normal means, another norm, however when you look at Mewtwo. Mewtwo's type seems to multiply, it went from Mewtwo to Lugia and Ho-Oh to Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza and so on, they just kept adding more and more, it urks me, I only want 5 or 6 per generation.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

I'll be forever annoyed at the Fisherman with his 6 Magikarp team x_x

Blog Entries

Not to mention the majority of them are psychic or dragon. I wouldn't mind the amount of legendary pokemon if they used all the different types they had. I was so excited to hear about there being a bug type legendary, but then I was sorely disappointed by the design.

I'm also a little annoyed to the whole "form" thing. I know that it's starting to tie into the plot, but I can't help but think it's just a cheap shot at given a legendary pokemon an "evolution" without actually saying it is.
    Anser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisyko View Post
    Not to mention the majority of them are psychic or dragon. I wouldn't mind the amount of legendary pokemon if they used all the different types they had. I was so excited to hear about there being a bug type legendary, but then I was sorely disappointed by the design.

I'm also a little annoyed to the whole "form" thing. I know that it's starting to tie into the plot, but I can't help but think it's just a cheap shot at given a legendary pokemon an "evolution" without actually saying it is.
    Genesect's design isn't too bad, as someone said, it looks like an action figure toy. While Keldeo is a rocking horse and Meloetta is a doll, which all follow the theme of N's young creepiness. xD;
    The idea behind it, even if it's similar to Mewtwos, is pretty neat. That and its typing goes really well in the competitive world.

I kind of disagree with you on your second point. :"D I however, agree that there are too many legendaries. 5 is enough per region. It's almost sucking out the point of a legendary.

I'll be forever annoyed at the Fisherman with his 6 Magikarp team x_x
    Pointless teams are pointless.

Smile~

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisyko View Post
    THIS.

The difference between formes and evolutions is that formes are reversible. Evolutions are permanent. If you use a Fire Stone on Eevee then decide you'd have preferred Vaporeon, you have to obtain another Eevee. If you have White Kyurem but need Reshiram's power, no problem, just use the Gene Splicers and Kyurem reverts to default and Reshiram is back in the party. The two concepts are opposites.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    i think what irks me most is that a lot of the newer games seem to have a lot of features reliant on you having local friends with the new games as well. ever since i moved out of college, i literally have no one local to play with and all i can do is turn my cgear on in the car and hope for passerbys.
    Nothing new there. In the first three generations (i.e. before GTS was introduced), you needed actual friends in order to trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Why in the hell am I not able to buy Coins at the Game Corner in HeartGold?!?! I NEED to buy Ice Beam and I will never reach 10.000 Coins playing Voltorb Flip! That game sucks! Let me buy my Coins if I want, Game Freak >:( Or put the Game Corner as it used to be; the entire world doesn't have to pay for a law that only applies in Europe!
    Blame the European Union. They had to cripple Game Corner (which is why it's absent from Gen V) or the games would've got an 18 rating due to promoting gambling.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 4th November 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blame the European Union. They had to cripple Game Corner (which is why it's absent from Gen V) or the games would've got an 18 rating due to promoting gambling.
    Exactly. That should apply only for European countries. Or, in any case, keep the option of buying Coins.

What irks me regarding the fandom is the whining about how there's "too many legendaries, it ruins their value", which, pardon my French, is bullshit. Look at our very own planet, at how many different legends and gods and mythical people there are. All of them still have meaning and people who believe in them, despite the large number of legendaries. Why shouldn't Pokemon have that many? I really don't see how many legendaries "lessens their value". To me, it adds to their value. It adds more of a story and legend to the Pokemon world, especially when they actually DO something and have a legend surrounding them.

I mean, look at the Bird Trio. All that's significant about them is that they're relatively rare and slightly more powerful than regular Pokemon. No legend or backstory. 'Kay. Utterly boring, moving on.

Move ahead 3 generations to the Pixie Trio. Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf are part of a legend, thus it makes sense for them to be called legendary. They created spirit for the Shinnoh region: Mesprit created emotions, Uxie created knowledge, and Azelf created willpower. They are far more significant and better than the Bird Trio could ever hope for.

That's how legendaries become more and more interesting, and way more valuable, the more there are. I love legendary Pokemon, and their value only increases the more legendary Pokemon there are, especially when they all have much more interesting legends than Gen I or II. 5 Legendaries is just too boring; 13 Legendaries is just right. I do admit the types could be varied a bit, but in the end it's not that big a deal. More legendaries is a huge plus in my opinion, and it irritates me SO much how people just whine and complain. Seriously, just think for a few moments.
    Anser, bubbie, Scarlet Sky and 1 others like this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    What irks me regarding the fandom is the whining about how there's "too many legendaries, it ruins their value", which, pardon my French, is bullshit. Look at our very own planet, at how many different legends and gods and mythical people there are. All of them still have meaning and people who believe in them, despite the large number of legendaries. Why shouldn't Pokemon have that many? I really don't see how many legendaries "lessens their value". To me, it adds to their value. It adds more of a story and legend to the Pokemon world, especially when they actually DO something and have a legend surrounding them.

I mean, look at the Bird Trio. All that's significant about them is that they're relatively rare and slightly more powerful than regular Pokemon. No legend or backstory. 'Kay. Utterly boring, moving on.

Move ahead 3 generations to the Pixie Trio. Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf are part of a legend, thus it makes sense for them to be called legendary. They created spirit for the Shinnoh region: Mesprit created emotions, Uxie created knowledge, and Azelf created willpower. They are far more significant and better than the Bird Trio could ever hope for.

That's how legendaries become more and more interesting, and way more valuable, the more there are. I love legendary Pokemon, and their value only increases the more legendary Pokemon there are, especially when they all have much more interesting legends than Gen I or II. 5 Legendaries is just too boring; 13 Legendaries is just right. I do admit the types could be varied a bit, but in the end it's not that big a deal. More legendaries is a huge plus in my opinion, and it irritates me SO much how people just whine and complain. Seriously, just think for a few moments.
    I like your opinion, although I don't share it. You put it out in a very clear way. I do think 5 legendaries per region is more than enough. I'd accept a maximum of... 7, maybe. 13 is just TOO much. Something that irks me a lot is when people use them in battling. Whenever I find someone on Random Matchup using a single legendary, I instantly quit. It's cheating in my opinion. Some of them are overpowered and that's very unfair.

Follow bubbie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    i think what irks me most is that a lot of the newer games seem to have a lot of features reliant on you having local friends with the new games as well. ever since i moved out of college, i literally have no one local to play with and all i can do is turn my cgear on in the car and hope for passerbys.
    Nothing new there. In the first three generations (i.e. before GTS was introduced), you needed actual friends in order to trade.
    I know but it really feels like they've ramped it up big time. I mean, the entire purpose of the cGear is to play with other people online and locally and it's not just trading anymore. Its come to the point where you can't actually enjoy all the features of the game without other people, not just the pokemon you're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post

I've always felt this way, and it's nice to hear it summed up in someone else's account. I just don't like the amount of people who abuse their power. That's not what legendaries are about. Actually, ever since they've been increasing the amount of legendaries I've been finding it pretty fun to get into the world of lore and myth in pokemon because it gives it a lot more depth and culture. Now its just my opinion and anyone can feel free to disagree with me because I know a lot of pokemon "purists" who say that pokemon should have stopped after the first gen but what fun would that be? First gen actually has some of my least favorite pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I like your opinion, although I don't share it. You put it out in a very clear way. I do think 5 legendaries per region is more than enough. I'd accept a maximum of... 7, maybe. 13 is just TOO much. Something that irks me a lot is when people use them in battling. Whenever I find someone on Random Matchup using a single legendary, I instantly quit. It's cheating in my opinion. Some of them are overpowered and that's very unfair.
    Yeah I agree with this too, though I also don't mind the amount of legendaries and FairyRed summed it up very well because I feel much the same way. But seriously, I've always felt like legendaries are something to be held onto and showcased in the pokedex and not something to actually be used to battle, they're just far too strong. Unless they are coming out with so many legendaries so quickly that they are trying to make it so there is more of a selection to use legendaries in a team? IDK, I personally never use them cuz it feels like cheating.
    Last edited by bubbie; 5th November 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast