What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 20

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    The ridiculously high encounter rate in caves. That has always irked me. Oh, and the mere existence of dark caves and the need to use Flash. I don't like caves as you may have guessed and haven't since Rock Tunnel. So whenever I have to go through a standard cave - like Victory Road - I always feel like groaning aloud.
    its all part of a RPG. annoying dungeon areas. all part of the game for me. if you don't like encounter rate just use a repel.

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    The ridiculously high encounter rate in caves. That has always irked me. Oh, and the mere existence of dark caves and the need to use Flash. I don't like caves as you may have guessed and haven't since Rock Tunnel. So whenever I have to go through a standard cave - like Victory Road - I always feel like groaning aloud.
    high encounter rate in caves? yeah, I remember that.

I am kind of disappointed how Flash has grown next to pointless in the overworld except for maybe one or two locations... remember how it was an HM once?
    Last edited by Phoenix502; 26th October 2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

In Black 2/White 2, the thing that drives me crazy is the lack of auto-sorting of items like TMs, HMs, and Berries. In past gens, items like TMs/HMs and Berries would be auto-sorted automatically as soon as you obtain them. However, now in Black 2/White 2, that feature seems to be gone. TMs, HMs, and Berries now have to be manually sorted, since they appear in the order you obtained them, not numerical or whatnot. I know there is a easy way of doing it, just hit start and then select the type of sorting design you want, but since past gens would automatically do that for you, why did that feature disappear? I'm a guy who likes to be (or at least tries) to be organized, so that automatic sorting of those items was a nice perk. So why did it not make a comeback in B2W2, especially since BW had that feature?
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

The part of the game where you don't have running shoes, and you have to walk to and fro, to and fro, and I'm just like "AGGHHHHH GODDAMNIT WALK FASTER DAMN YOU". "orz
    Robo-Floatzel and Foxeaf like this.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Not being able to fly directly from Kanto to Johto and viceversa without having to stop at Indigo Plateau before in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Shining Monstrosity Elesa Ver 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    In Black 2/White 2, the thing that drives me crazy is the lack of auto-sorting of items like TMs, HMs, and Berries. In past gens, items like TMs/HMs and Berries would be auto-sorted automatically as soon as you obtain them. However, now in Black 2/White 2, that feature seems to be gone. TMs, HMs, and Berries now have to be manually sorted, since they appear in the order you obtained them, not numerical or whatnot. I know there is a easy way of doing it, just hit start and then select the type of sorting design you want, but since past gens would automatically do that for you, why did that feature disappear? I'm a guy who likes to be (or at least tries) to be organized, so that automatic sorting of those items was a nice perk. So why did it not make a comeback in B2W2, especially since BW had that feature?
    If you hit that little doodad that looks like a recycling icon, you can sort everything that way. I managed to get all my TMS numerically sorted in a second.
    I thINk sOMeTHinG WeNT wRonG wiTH thAt LaST updAtE

Follow bubbie on Tumblr

i think what irks me most is that a lot of the newer games seem to have a lot of features reliant on you having local friends with the new games as well. ever since i moved out of college, i literally have no one local to play with and all i can do is turn my cgear on in the car and hope for passerbys.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

One of the most annoying things is that in every game starting with FR/LG, whenever you lose a battle, you are forced to watch a cut scene in which the player is healing his Pokemon at the last Pokemon center he was at, when in previous games, you just got warped to the front entrance of the Pokemon Center and can just move on from there without having to talk to the nurse at all. I find this to be unnecessary and annoying, and there's no way to avoid it.

Another thing that annoys me is the high encounter rates in caves, I always come prepared when entering a cave by buying as many Repels as I can, just to get to where I need to go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    i think what irks me most is that a lot of the newer games seem to have a lot of features reliant on you having local friends with the new games as well. ever since i moved out of college, i literally have no one local to play with and all i can do is turn my cgear on in the car and hope for passerbys.
    I agree, this is one thing I really dislike about the newer games is that they include more features that involve you having to put your 3/DS/i in your pocket and walk around in a crowd hoping to get somewhere, or talking to your friends, things like the CGear features, Unova Link, and Pokedex 3D work and are useful pastimes for players who go out in Japan, where the games are made, because Japan is a much smaller country than the United States, and therefore has a larger population density and much more populous cities and less rural areas, making it easier to get around with these features. The US and Canada, however, are far larger than Japan, with less cities, more rural area, and smaller population densities, so it works if you live in large cities with lots of people and lots of players, such as New York or Chicago, but if you live in a small town like I do, you're pretty much screwed unless you have a cheating device.
    MegaCharr likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Visit wc662's Youtube Channel

another thing that pretty much goes without saying, HM moves. Ruining good movesets since gen i, and back then there wasn't a such thing as a move deleter, you taught your starter a useless hm move, you're stuck with it. Let me teach my best pokemon flash or brick break real quick JUST so I can get through this dungeon. And just now playing platinum, defog is the stupidest thing ever. I can still see so I didn't need it except to get some useless tags (well, unless there's something down the line I have to use it for)
    INSANITY ISN'T JUST ACCEPTABLE - IT'S THE NORM

I hate that the rate of Pokémon hitting themselves when confused is 50%. It's too fucking unfair. It should be lowered to 30%-35% or something like that.

Another vote for HM moves. It almost seems like Game Freak deliberately programmed them to be as annoying as possible. You can't unlearn them until you've passed a significant chunk of the game (and not at all in gen 1), most of them are only useful for their field effects (aside from Surf and Waterfall of course), and as I found out the hard way when transferring my Gen 4 teams forward the other day, you can't trade or transfer any Pokemon with an HM move (seriously, if you don't want me using the move yet, just go back to the "get badge, get field effect" system)

Why in the hell am I not able to buy Coins at the Game Corner in HeartGold?!?! I NEED to buy Ice Beam and I will never reach 10.000 Coins playing Voltorb Flip! That game sucks! Let me buy my Coins if I want, Game Freak >:( Or put the Game Corner as it used to be; the entire world doesn't have to pay for a law that only applies in Europe!

I just thought of another thing while trying to farm money in Black 2: the fact that you can only sell one item at a time to Item Maniacs. I guess they did it just to give item maniacs a downside compared to Poke Marts, but it's still a bit annoying having to sell my 30 Lava Cookies one at a time for 4000 a pop.

The HM Defog could ATLEAST get an upgrade- perhaps an alternate Haze or something. Or maybe decrease something else with the evasiveness stat against the opponent, such as lowers Speed and Evasiveness.. I dunno. The uselessness of that move annoys me. : U

The little bump noise when you hit something is pretty amusing. :"D Except when you're trying to get into a building with a bike. Or maybe an NPC who moves constantly keeps moving infront of you. WHY.
    wc662 likes this.

Smile~

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Something that hasn't really irked me before, but now has gotten extremely annoying since I started both Black and White again at the same time the other day:

How much the damn professor talks. I mean, seriously. Do we really need a 5-minute explanation as to what the hell Pokemon are and what your purpose in the world is? I just want to play my game, damn it.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast