What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 19

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

certified badass

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

I hate how even when in the tutorial if you say you know something they explain it anyway

Visit wc662's Youtube Channel

trade evolutions POINT BLANK PERIOD. I mean it's cool in a way that it's a unique evolution, but what of people like me who have nobody to play with? I understand it's fixed with the new games but for gen iii on down, what, am I supposed to wander the city looking for someone who just so happens to be playing an old school pokemon game? The only one I can ever stand to play with is Kadabra in Red/Blue (seeing as there really aren't that many Psychics to choose from), any other time I feel like I'm missing out big, so I avoid using things like Onix (because it pisses me off I can't turn it into a Steelix) and Machoke or Haunter for the same reasons.

Other than that the wait time at Pokecenters gets pretty repetitive. I find myself mashing the button to wait for her to bow me out.

And the assumption of everybody that the game is only for kids. If I like Pokemon I'ma play it other peoples opinions don't mean shit to me
    Last edited by wc662; 16th October 2012 at 08:12 PM.
    Gengarzilla and Silverwynde like this.
    INSANITY ISN'T JUST ACCEPTABLE - IT'S THE NORM

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

When you're walking along and a wild Zubat or one of the rodents (Rattata, Patrat, etc) appears, and you hit "Run" because you don't want to deal with it, and they won't let you run. You have a level 70 Tyranitar and the little jerks (I don't know how profane I can get on this forum...chicken gonads?) won't let you run. They're like "AHHHH I'm so awesome I can totally knock you out!" and you're like "Ah, you're not even worth the PP, gtfo!" And eventually your Tyranitar uses Crunch and eats it. Wasted PP right there.
    Or when Zubat confuses you and THEN lets you run, like confusion lasts once the battle is over. "Haha, keep hurting yourself, jerkwad!"
    Or or when you're trying to level up one of your weaker Pokemon, and you run into one of the aforementioned Pokemon, but it's not worth battling to level up your Pokemon and you try to run, so it uses Quick Attack, knocks out your weaker Pokemon, and then thinks it's hot stuff and won't let you run even though it's not worth the trouble for your stronger Pokemon. So you send out your Charizard and it lets you run because it's a little coward, or it still thinks it's all that so you have to roast it alive and once again waste PP.

It just happened to me. I hate it so much. It's like when a Chihuahua thinks it can run off a bear. The little shits have a Napoleon complex.
    Silverwynde and MegaCharr like this.

One thing that drives me crazy is the fact that you can not rename Pokemon that you obtain by trade!!!

What drives me crazy is the pixalated pokemon in battles. Since the new battle system, your pokemon get big and thus, this happens. Annoys me very very much! :S

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself"
    Friend Code 3DS: 3282 2816 1564

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    When you're walking along and a wild Zubat or one of the rodents (Rattata, Patrat, etc) appears, and you hit "Run" because you don't want to deal with it, and they won't let you run. You have a level 70 Tyranitar and the little jerks (I don't know how profane I can get on this forum...chicken gonads?) won't let you run. They're like "AHHHH I'm so awesome I can totally knock you out!" and you're like "Ah, you're not even worth the PP, gtfo!" And eventually your Tyranitar uses Crunch and eats it. Wasted PP right there.
    Or when Zubat confuses you and THEN lets you run, like confusion lasts once the battle is over. "Haha, keep hurting yourself, jerkwad!"
    Or or when you're trying to level up one of your weaker Pokemon, and you run into one of the aforementioned Pokemon, but it's not worth battling to level up your Pokemon and you try to run, so it uses Quick Attack, knocks out your weaker Pokemon, and then thinks it's hot stuff and won't let you run even though it's not worth the trouble for your stronger Pokemon. So you send out your Charizard and it lets you run because it's a little coward, or it still thinks it's all that so you have to roast it alive and once again waste PP.
    Oh dear Arceus, this. I'm at level 100 so why can't I freaking run from some of these little turds?! It. Drives. Me. CRAZY!
    It just happened to me. I hate it so much. It's like when a Chihuahua thinks it can run off a bear. The little shits have a Napoleon complex.

....aaaaaand that's why I'll curbstomp the little snots like there's no tomorrow. Like I've said before, I is evil.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

The number of times you have to say yes to get onto the GTS. o_o; My goodness, you accidentally hit the B button once, oops, gotta start over. I'm clumsy enough in real life, sometimes I nearly drop the DS, and my hand hits the B button. "OTL

Also the GTS, when you get a communication error, come back inside, and try to search for the Pokemon you want. "Change your search conditions". No, fudge you and your stupid rules, GTS. Waugh.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

When you press A impatiently at the Pokemon centre, causing you to go through the healing twice.

Also, the lack of some kind of saving fanfare or something. IDK, it's just to do with my OCD about saving. When I save my game, I save it two or three times (I think my record is four times) because I'm not satisfied until I 'see' it say 'saved the game'.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

An entire list of annoying things for me:

One: The Relocator in Pokemon Black and White. USE THE DREAM WORLD PEOPLE!!!!
    Two: No nickname-changing for trades. I'm all "Oh ha ha name your Solosis Gothita why don't you? No." to one person in the GTS.
    Three: How you keep encountering Pokemon you don't want when you already have it. I'm tired of it.
    And four: How Evolutionary Stones are hard to obtain. I just keep walking into dust clouds for more pointless Drilbur/Excadrill encounters.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When you press A so many times you have to go through a conversation twice, or heal your Pokémon twice.
    When you spend forever looking for a certain mon, and you finally catch it, and then after you spend so much trouble looking for it, they're everywhere.
    Having to EV train or IV breed to stand a chance on the random match-up.

just unlocked national dex on B2 and hearing old cries is quite lame. they shouldn't used the old ones from the game boy days.

Shining Monstrosity Elesa Ver 2.0's Avatar

Not being able to rename pokemon I get from events.
    I thINk sOMeTHinG WeNT wRonG wiTH thAt LaST updAtE

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

The fact that seeing pokémon in the overworld (legendaries, pokémon belonging to NPCs, etc. etc.) are not registered as "seen" in the pokédex, yet somehow seeing an image of Snorlax/Dialga/Palkia/whatever counts as seeing them in the pokédex. I mean, it's right in front of you! How is that not "seen"?

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    The fact that seeing pokémon in the overworld (legendaries, pokémon belonging to NPCs, etc. etc.) are not registered as "seen" in the pokédex, yet somehow seeing an image of Snorlax/Dialga/Palkia/whatever counts as seeing them in the pokédex. I mean, it's right in front of you! How is that not "seen"?
    good one! all pokemon seen in the overworld should be added. even with the image method if needs be.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

The ridiculously high encounter rate in caves. That has always irked me. Oh, and the mere existence of dark caves and the need to use Flash. I don't like caves as you may have guessed and haven't since Rock Tunnel. So whenever I have to go through a standard cave - like Victory Road - I always feel like groaning aloud.
    Bishie Karis-chan likes this.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast