What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 18

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 332
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

  1. #256
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,819
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    Not being able to run indoors in pre-gen IV games -_-
    especially the really big buildings....
    That is completely fine. People usually do not run indoors.
    Yes, but there's nothing physically preventing them from doing so if they want to. So there's no reason to slow the player down like that when they're in a building.

  2. #257
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,172
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    I hate how in Gen I, if you want to use a HM such as Cut, you have to press START, go to the party, go to the Pokemon in question, and click CUT. Whereas in Gen II onwards, you just press A in front of it and it disappears.

  3. #258
    We are venom to you Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,875
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    I hate that they got rid of the game corner in HG/SS and deny you the option to buy coins as well. I never really use the game corner I did buy coins so I could get stuff.
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

    Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

  4. #259
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I hate that they got rid of the game corner in HG/SS and deny you the option to buy coins as well. I never really use the game corner I did buy coins so I could get stuff.
    Crap, this. Especially that stupid Voltorb game. Why did the rest of the world have to pay for a rule that only applies to Europe? I don't understand. They'd better bring that thing back in Generation VI.

  5. #260
    Dreaming something bad. Johan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Germany.
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    That EV's and IV's are as hidden as they are. It makes it unnecessarily awkward to train your Pokemon in the way you want.

  6. #261
    ♥ Grand Riser ♥ Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Battle Maison
    Posts
    7,020
    Blog Entries
    102

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Running into the wrong Pokemon while training. Gah, I hate it when I run into the exact wrong critter four times in a row, especially when something like Lillipup and Patrat should be everywhere in a given area.
    Pyroclastic Friend likes this.

    Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

  7. #262
    Registered User Frazay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Why was HeartGold and SoulSilver the only games that allowed you to run, without holding down the B button?

  8. #263
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,819
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frazay View Post
    Why was HeartGold and SoulSilver the only games that allowed you to run, without holding down the B button?
    Because the controls in those games were specifically focused on using the touchscreen rather than the buttons.

  9. #264
    Registered User Frazay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazay View Post
    Why was HeartGold and SoulSilver the only games that allowed you to run, without holding down the B button?
    Because the controls in those games were specifically focused on using the touchscreen rather than the buttons.
    It was a nice convenience, regardless, and taking it away drove me crazy. See what I did there?

  10. #265
    Registered User SimH5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frazay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazay View Post
    Why was HeartGold and SoulSilver the only games that allowed you to run, without holding down the B button?
    Because the controls in those games were specifically focused on using the touchscreen rather than the buttons.
    It was a nice convenience, regardless, and taking it away drove me crazy. See what I did there?
    Agreed, it was such an nice touch screen because everything you needed was there, then they replaced it with the C-Geat which I never use.

  11. #266
    Registered User Frazay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    How about this: only one file. Why can't we have more than one? I don't want to have to delete my previous file, if I want to start all over again.

  12. #267
    Registered User Jammy2A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    336
    Blog Entries
    1
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    The sometimes random dialogues of NPC that come to you for a battle, especially in earlier generations. They'd come up to you and go like "I like candy!" and then challenge you, seriously, what the hell?

    Other than that Im pretty much cool with everything else :D
    MegaCharr likes this.

  13. #268
    Back From The Grave Charbok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    896
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    Whenever any character asks you "Do you know how to use ___?" or "Do you want to know more about ___?" or anything like that and you say no, they still tell you things you already know. I said no for a reason people.

    And also this is old but I hated how the screen would shake when you took damage in the older games. I'm so glad they changed it, because with me playing Crystal for the first time the screen shaking is kind of distracting to me.

    I also hated how you could keep battling the Elite 4 but you couldn't battle the gym leaders again. At least some of the newer games let you do that.

    Also, I don't get the point of the Running Shoes. Shouldn't you just be given the option to run from the beginning? I'm pretty sure that most people are just gonna run until they get a bike so why not just automatically have that option?

    Look Forward, Team Rocket!

    Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

  14. #269
    Shining Monstrosity Elesa Ver 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    I'm happy they got rid of the the whole "save game to swap a box" thing from gen 1 and 2. Goodness that was tedious :/
    Silverwynde likes this.
    I thINk sOMeTHinG WeNT wRonG wiTH thAt LaST updAtE

  15. #270
    Registered User lugia61617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sol 3, MW Galaxy, Universe-1
    Posts
    583

    Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

    something I just noticed that annoys me is how the sprites for your trainer before sending out your pokemon is always shown with a normal poke ball. In most cases, you wouldn't really notice since you see the white side before it's thrown, but when the only pokemon on my team are in Luxury Balls, Dream Balls, Dusk Balls, or any other ball where both sides are a single colour, it's rather irritating to see a continuity error, even for a split second.

    Also, the GTS' banlist on names. Why am I not allowed to trade pokemon that haven't been nicknamed just because a keyword is in their original name that GAME FREAK PUT IN. Seriously, I wanted to get rid of a Froslass, and naturally I wasn't allowed to. Yet, I was able to be given a Gloom called Ganja via the GTS.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •