What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 14

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

The biggest threat in OU CBTerrakion's Avatar

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Anything that takes a tediously long amount of time to do.

In Black, how so many trainers had the elemental monkeys... It got boring after a while.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

It's not an issue in the series anymore, but it really bothered me how all Pokemon and people names were written completely in uppercase. Especially when my PC and Pokemon used proper English and only capitalized the first letter. XD

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

This is probably more of a real world thing, but the fact that there is NEVER a collectors edition for the main series games.

I would love to see a collector's edition set including lets say the Gen VI main pair, a book showing concept art (for its region, the Pokémon, characters, etc.), maybe a steelbook case for both games, a code for a soundtrack to the pair of games, a DVD showing behind the scenes in the development OR a DVD of a Pokémon short featuring Gen VI Pokémon, and Codes for either a special Pokémon (like for a shiny Gen VI Pokémon) or a special side quest that you can only get with the CE.

The closest we've ever gotten is a stylus for pre-ordering D&P (which I still have on my desk ^_^)
    Last edited by sonic10158; 14th July 2012 at 09:27 PM.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries
    Follow TeraDyne On Twitter Add TeraDyne on Facebook
    Visit TeraDyne's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    This is probably more of a real world thing, but the fact that there is NEVER a collectors edition for the main series games.

I would love to see a collector's edition set including lets say the Gen VI main pair, a book showing concept art (for its region, the Pokémon, characters, etc.), maybe a steelbook case for both games, a code for a soundtrack to the pair of games, a DVD showing behind the scenes in the development OR a DVD of a Pokémon short featuring Gen VI Pokémon, and Codes for either a special Pokémon (like for a shiny Gen VI Pokémon) or a special side quest that you can only get with the CE.

The closest we've ever gotten is a stylus for pre-ordering D&P (which I still have on my desk ^_^)
    That bold part would likely anger a LOT of people, especially with how much people complain about one-time events as it is. CE's are limited release as well, so a lot of fans could potentially be screwed out of content.

As for trivial things, this was Gen IV, but I REALLY hated how the attitude of many NPC trainers became almost hateful in the US version of Platinum, to the point of making me not want to read the dialog. That, and several internet memes and terms (like "noob") are used, making it really... uninteresting.
    ~Virizion. Virizion. Rosy knight Virizion. Make the trouble go away, so that we may laugh and play.~
    Disclaimer: I play by VGC rules, don't EV train or care about IVs, use the Japanese names (and sometimes even terms), and I refuse to take part in drama.

Bring down the hammer Full Metal Jayce's Avatar

The automatic organize button in the bag in B/W. Don't get me wrong it's a nice addition to the game but i like having certain items like plates, competitive battle items, etc. together and my tendency to accidently hit the sort button ruins everything.
    White FC-0562 3222 8471
    3DS Code-3523-2517-2878

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    The automatic organize button in the bag in B/W. Don't get me wrong it's a nice addition to the game but i like having certain items like plates, competitive battle items, etc. together and my tendency to accidently hit the sort button ruins everything.
    THIS. It's so freaking annoying. I spent almost an hour ordering my items the other day and when I finished I accidentally touched the Sort button and I was all FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I think the best Bag menu EVER is the one from HeartGold/SoulSilver. It's very easy and friendly to use.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

The Platinim bag was way better, lists are much neater and organized then clunky rows. OTL I love BW's bag, but sometimes that auto-sort button ruins hours of meticulous OCD organization. I'm careful not to hit it, but things happen. OTL
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I absolutely miss when we could change move order in battle. I know people use the touch screen, but I still like using the control pad, and if we could switch the order of the moves during battle it would be so helpful when I forget to.

Blog Entries

Follow Ennife on Tumblr

Not being able to trade Pokemon in your party that knows ANY HM when you're using the cgear to trade with someone nearby. I understand why it's the case, so you don't get stranded somewhere (although how hilarious would that be) but when I'm in a Pokemon Center or outside the daycare (my normal places to go when trading, out of habit) it's freaking ridiculous.

Any Island that makes you use an HM over and over. Surfing back and forth in SS is driving me crazy right now, I don't know what cities I like to run between a lot, but I have to surf a very short distance.
    Black FC: 0003 2921 9951
    Platinum FC : 0389 5693 5042

September 9 ~ If we had an open trade or request before I went MIA, please PM me and I'd LOVE to work out the details again.
    Working on a Wishmaker Jirachi trade station (almost a giveaway) since I dug up my Bonus Disk, VM/PM me if you're interested.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Selling items to the maniacs. Its so annoying!

HMs shouldnt exist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ennife View Post
    Not being able to trade Pokemon in your party that knows ANY HM when you're using the cgear to trade with someone nearby. I understand why it's the case, so you don't get stranded somewhere (although how hilarious would that be) but when I'm in a Pokemon Center or outside the daycare (my normal places to go when trading, out of habit) it's freaking ridiculous.
    This. A thousand times this.

I was trying to trade off a newly acquired Ho-Oh from my Black to my White cart. However, it knew Fly and I didn't know that. So what do I get as I'm trying to trade? "It knows an HM move. It can't leave your party." Seriously? I'm three feet away from a computer and I have an entire Golurk battalion that knows Fly! I think I'll be fine letting that Ho-Oh go! So I had to head to Mistralton and take care of that.

A minor one from Emerald: I was challenging the E4 and had to take them in a set order. I now remember just how much that bugged me. What if I wanted to battle them in a different order? Glad B/W changed that.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

Three things:

1. HMs. Or more specifically, the fact that there is an excess of water-type HMs.
    2. The bag limit in Gen I.
    3. In RSE, the backsprite for May. *shudders*

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

when you get up to giratina in pokemon platinum it will sometimes say giratina is nibbling on (insert name here)
    now that's scary
    that and the fact that you could fish in lorilei's room in rby
    I claim pokemon magmaruby, aquasapphire, ultra red, and super blue versions
    text only sigs are dumb.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast