What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy? - Page 12

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

Default Re: What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Barpau View Post
    The fact that when the text is at full speed you don't have enough time to read what trainers say when you defeat them.
    I usually don't have a problem with this, but it was a little annoying for me in Pokémon White. I imported the Japanese versions to use as a study aid, and no matter how slow I set the text, with my piss-poor Japanese reading "abilities" I never had time to read the in-battle and post-battle trainer quotes. And I do so like hearing them tell me how strong I am for beating them or how shocked they are that they lost. :(
    Midorikawa likes this.

You can just call me N. Natural Harmonia Gropius's Avatar

Visit Natural Harmonia Gropius's Youtube Channel

Braille for the Regi trio in RSE >:(
    Yato likes this.

Deal with it.

Blog Entries

Here's what annoys me:

- The lack of use of flutes in B/W
    - Seeing overleveled Pokemon that haven't evolved (a Level 61 Rattata? Come on, that's weak! And Level 59 Kakuna in Black was just dumb.)
    - Being unable to run in buildings when the Running Shoes were introduced in RSE (I can understand this for a museum since there's priceless items, but not elsewhere)
    - The fact that Skuntank and Purugly each have been in only ONE GAME (the ones they debuted in). Seriously, does Nintendo have a grudge against them because they're not cute/cool enough?
    - Trainers making fun of the player character being a kid. I'm glad in BW it's mostly Team Plasma who does this and not regular NPCs. In DPPt, practically every other non-important Trainer made fun of the player character's age.
    - People hacking the game to get over 9000 Rare Candies. It takes the fun out of leveling up Pokemon.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    She wear burqa for fashion
    - Lady Gaga

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    - People hacking the game to get over 9000 Rare Candies. It takes the fun out of leveling up Pokemon.
    Are you the one doing it? I doubt that, so, it does not take out any of your fun, only theirs, thing which you don't have to care about. Otherwise, I agree on all points.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Some things I hate:

-Seeing teams full of shiny legendaries. Seriously, where is the fun in hacking shinies and having a team full of legendary pokemon?
    -Finding Emolgas when I'm trying to train on Audinos. Especially when I'm training a slow pokemon like my Beheeyem.
    -Audino's Secret Power. It puts me to sleep way more often than it should.
    -The fact that most of the good TMs can only be obtained post-game in BW. I couldn't get Earthquake, Psychic, Ice Beam, or Flamethrower.
    -Seeing pokemon that are evolved earlier than they should be. Ghetsis!
    -The fact that you can only have one save file per cartridge. I start way too many new games.
    -Chandelure's lack of good fire moves.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Just noticed something else that bothers me a bit, in B&W. When level grinding in dark grass and I keep running into wild double battles. This is especially bothersome when one of them is a really weak Pokémon that offers little EXP. I like to train my Pokémon one at a time so double battles throw off my rotation. I spend more time running away from them than actually training. It never bothered me before but in the part after defeating Team Plasma (and all NPC trainers now outlevel you, forcing you to grind) it's become very annoying.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

The fact that you can just walk into people's houses at any time of day or night bothers me. I know all RPGs do this but it bothers me.

Also, I wish in the later gens that you could put some of the stuff in your bag into your storage box. I hated having to scroll through all this crap I didn't even use to find something I needed.

Blog Entries

- Being unable to run in buildings when the Running Shoes were introduced in RSE (I can understand this for a museum since there's priceless items, but not elsewhere)
    I never saw anyone running inside a house... Do you run inside your house?
    I fail to see the problem.

- Trainers making fun of the player character being a kid. I'm glad in BW it's mostly Team Plasma who does this and not regular NPCs. In DPPt, practically every other non-important Trainer made fun of the player character's age.
    I don't see how this is a bad thing. It makes sense for them to make fun of a ten years old kid trying to beat a criminal organization.
    This does not happen in BW because Hilda and Hilbert are not 10 years old kids.

Quote Originally Posted by toonytown View Post
    -Finding Emolgas when I'm trying to train on Audinos. Especially when I'm training a slow pokemon like my Beheeyem.
    -Audino's Secret Power. It puts me to sleep way more often than it should.
    I completely agree with these two above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Just noticed something else that bothers me a bit, in B&W. When level grinding in dark grass and I keep running into wild double battles. This is especially bothersome when one of them is a really weak Pokémon that offers little EXP. I like to train my Pokémon one at a time so double battles throw off my rotation.
    But the point of Dark Grass is the possibility of having Double Battles against wild Pokémon.
    If you don't like it, why don't you train your Pokémon in regular or shaking grass?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    I never saw anyone running inside a house... Do you run inside your house?
    I fail to see the problem.
    [/quote]

Umm... yes? What, you never run inside buildings ever, not even at a short spurt?

And even if no one in the world ever ran inside of buildings, that doesn't mean that restricting use of the running shoes in Pokemon to outside is justified, or not annoying, or anything.

But the point of Dark Grass is the possibility of having Double Battles against wild Pokémon.
    If you don't like it, why don't you train your Pokémon in regular or shaking grass?
    I like to grind in dark grass because the wild Pokémon are higher level and give out more EXP. Don't get me wrong, normally I enjoy double battles, but when I'm full-on level grinding I prefer to just train my team one at a time in order. In the end though, I did just end up going back to regular grass and shaking patches.

Pokémon that look male/female, but can be either gender, and the tired usage of Hidden Machines. I mean, do we really need to waste a slot to cut down a little tree?
    sonic10158 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Strike View Post
    Pokémon that look male/female, but can be either gender, and the tired usage of Hidden Machines. I mean, do we really need to waste a slot to cut down a little tree?
    I see how it was necessary in the first gen, as you could place the HM in your box and surf out to an island and delete surf. You would then be stuck with no way out. But now that you're forced to keep them in your inventory, it's pointless.

Registered User ShinyCharmeleon's Avatar
    Add ShinyCharmeleon on Facebook

sefoam islands

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by X-Strike View Post
    Pokémon that look male/female, but can be either gender
    This is actually a pretty good thing. There are men that look like women and vice-verse in real life.
    So it is okay to see Pokémon being able to be of both genders, regardless of its looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    I like to grind in dark grass because the wild Pokémon are higher level and give out more EXP. Don't get me wrong, normally I enjoy double battles, but when I'm full-on level grinding I prefer to just train my team one at a time in order. In the end though, I did just end up going back to regular grass and shaking patches.
    Oh, I got it. Thanks for clarifying. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Umm... yes? What, you never run inside buildings ever, not even at a short spurt?
    No, I don't. I like to walk inside buildings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    No, I don't. I like to walk inside buildings.
    Well, suit yourself, then, but I prefer to be able to run freely inside my virtual buildings, thanks. :P

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast