What time should Generation VI take place? - Page 6

View Poll Results: When will Generation VI take place?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be another sequel so after Generation V

39 60.94%
  • It will be the first prequel so before Generations I/III

3 4.69%
  • At the same time as a previous generation so there could be remakes

17 26.56%
  • Other, please specify

5 7.81%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: What time should Generation VI take place?

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Default Re: What time should Generation VI take place?

I'm predicting that It'll take place either at the same time as or slightly after BW2. I'm a bit more inclined towards slightly after.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

Maybe sometime around B2W2. I want to meet Hilbert and Hilda really badly.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I think XY would be set in a retro-futuristic setting, so after B2W2.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I still think that the timeline in the Pokémon universe seems to mirror the real world, and as such, XY will be set about one year after B2W2 to reflect the real world releases.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    I still think that the timeline in the Pokémon universe seems to mirror the real world, and as such, XY will be set about one year after B2W2 to reflect the real world releases.
    History of the Pokémon world - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

According to this, the events of Gen I and gen III occur simultaneously. Gen II and Gen IV also happen simultaneously. And I Believe the events of Pokemon Black and white occur a few years afterwards.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    History of the Pokémon world - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

According to this, the events of Gen I and gen III occur simultaneously. Gen ii and Gen IV also happen simultaneously. And I Believe the events of Pokemon Black and white occur a few years afterwards.
    The issues this theory has with Generations III and IV has already been explained within the games' canon. The mentions of these generations occurring in tandem with Generations I and II overrides the theory since canon natural superiority over fan speculation. Really the theory only applies to Generations I, II, and V since there is already an explanation for the other two generations. That being said there are some reasonable pieces of evidence that help support this theory. I personally subscribe to it.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Blog Entries

According to this, the events of Gen I and gen III occur simultaneously. Gen II and Gen IV also happen simultaneously. And I Believe the events of Pokemon Black and white occur a few years afterwards.
    If you had actually read my post complete, you'd see that I never said otherwise. According to my theory, Gens III and IV are the exceptions to the rule but only because they take place simultameosuly to games that have already been released, but apart from those two, every time a game is set during a new period in the timeline, it coincides with real word time. My post elaborates on that in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    The issues this theory has with Generations III and IV has already been explained within the games' canon. The mentions of these generations occurring in tandem with Generations I and II overrides the theory since canon natural superiority over fan speculation. Really the theory only applies to Generations I, II, and V since there is already an explanation for the other two generations. That being said there are some reasonable pieces of evidence that help support this theory. I personally subscribe to it.
    I don't think it overrides the theory, as the theory does acknowledge those two exceptions (you know what they say, every rule has it exceptions), so the issue is addressed in the post and my theory never contradicts the canon, so I don't get why you said canon overrides it. Furtermore, what does strenghten my theory is that the pattern wasn't dropped by GF but the whole opposite: after years of abaondoning it, in Gen V they embraced the trend stronger than ever before: not only BW takes place several years after HGSS-DPPt (just like in real time several years separate GSC and BW's releases), but also within the Generation, B1W1 and B2W2 are set two years apart, mirroring their real world releases. Thus, as it is GF's current practice, it is reasonable to assume that they will continue the trend or at least that it is a srong possibility.

I want to see it after gen 1 and 2 with team rocket gone. But at the same time as gen 1-5 with a plot so that Team Rocket has moved to this new location. And if they make a X2 or Y2 that is at the same time as Black 2 or White 2.
    >>>>>>>>>>my 3DS Friend Code : 3007-8122-0355<<<<<<<<<

Blog Entries

If you had actually read my post complete, you'd see that I never said otherwise. According to my theory, Gens III and IV are the exceptions to the rule but only because they take place simultameosuly to games that have already been released, but apart from those two, every time a game is set during a new period in the timeline, it coincides with real word time. My post elaborates on that in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    I don't think it overrides the theory, as the theory does acknowledge those two exceptions (you know what they say, every rule has it exceptions), so the issue is addressed in the post and my theory never contradicts the canon, so I don't get why you said canon overrides it. Furtermore, what does strenghten my theory is that the pattern wasn't dropped by GF but the whole opposite: after years of abaondoning it, in Gen V they embraced the trend stronger than ever before: not only BW takes place several years after HGSS-DPPt (just like in real time several years separate GSC and BW's releases), but also within the Generation, B1W1 and B2W2 are set two years apart, mirroring their real world releases. Thus, as it is GF's current practice, it is reasonable to assume that they will continue the trend or at least that it is a srong possibility.
    I did read your post complete, it was one sentence. And nowhere in that sentence did you say 'with the exception of gen III and IV as they occur simultaneously'. The way you wrote your sentence sounded as though every game occurred mirroring real world time, and I sent you a theory from Bulbagarden stating otherwise, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me that you never stated otherwise if I read your post completely. One last thing, when did 'in depth' broaden its term to mean one sentence?? Your post didn't elaborate on anything 'in depth.'

Blog Entries

I did read your post complete, it was one sentence. And nowhere in that sentence did you say 'with the exception of gen III and IV as they occur simultaneously'. The way you wrote your sentence sounded as though every game occurred mirroring real world time, and I sent you a theory from Bulbagarden stating otherwise, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me that you never stated otherwise if I read your post completely. One last thing, when did 'in depth' broaden its term to mean one sentence?? Your post didn't elaborate on anything 'in depth.'
    Except you didn't notice that the comment actually includes a link to a blog entry wrote by me where I do explain my theory in depth (that's the post I was refering to), and the entry indeed addresses Gens III and IV. But since you missed it, I post it again for you:

Veggie Popper's theory on the Pokémon games timeline

Blog Entries

Except you didn't notice that the comment actually includes a link to a blog entry wrote by me where I do explain my theory in depth (that's the post I was refering to), and the entry indeed addresses Gens III and IV. But since you missed it, I post it again for you:

Veggie Popper's theory on the Pokémon games timeline
    Ahh yes, I see now. I didn't notice part of your post included a link before, although I can see it now. My apologies.

That's freakin brilliant. After reading, I agree. I'm going with the idea that XY is shortly after BW2.

Blog Entries

I think shortly before BW2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhem Uaid View Post
    I think shortly before BW2.
    Why? Did you read Veggie Popper's theory on the Pokémon games timeline? It suggests something else.....
    VeggiePopper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

So...with the massive amount of leaks for X & Y out, any indication of where Generation VI takes place chronologically at this point?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast